Welcome to ClausNet

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Custom Santa Toy Bag Raffle

Donate to ClausNet and enter to win a Custom Santa Toy Bag. Learn more...

We're looking for a few good Elves

We're looking for some help around the Workshop. If you are interested, please contact me.

Santa Steve W

"All About Being Santa" book

8 posts in this topic

Hi Santas! I am new to this and want to be the best Santa Claus I can. I have heard about a book called "All About Being Santa" by Victor Nevada which is over 500 pages long and costs $169. Have any of you read it? Is it worth the money? Thanks in advance, Santa Steve

Santa Steve,

Contact Santa Edson, I believe he has the volume and has also attend the school in Calgary.

Hi Steve and others who are interested.

Victors manual is probably the most comprehensive manual out there. Yes I have a copy and it is 535 pages plus another 20 or so appendices which have a lot of the legal documents such as contracts etc,.

The manual was updated just before Victor passed away but includes much of what he had written before.

You can get an idea of what is in the manual by going here.... http://www.santaschool.com/manual.htm

Please also remember that the content here was the older manual and not the updated one, they are however close.

The people who attended at the last Santa School found the book to be a good partner with the sessions but is not necessary. The book tells everything, The sessions allow you the "hands on".

I will say there are other books and manuals out there and it all depends on what you are looking for. I will add that this manual certainly upholds the subtitle "the manual of bringing joy"

Santa school this year by the way, as I get to promote it at every chance is May 27-29.

Contact Auntie Claus, Elf Jen at santa@santaschool.com

Any other Santas that have read or used the manual, please feel free to voice your thoughts too.

I have this book and I love it! It covers things not thought of in other manuals. It is a great book to read and re-read during the months between the seasons. Since I haven't been able to attend a Santa school as of yet, I found it to be the next best thing. If you're very serious about being Santa and plan to work a lot this would be a good book to have. It is worth the money.

Other good books that I have are: "Becoming Santa" by Richard Christie, "Behind the Red Suit" by Tim Connaghan and "The Red Suit Diaries" by Ed Butchart.

I do not have this book but i have heard and read nothing but praise for it, if i could afford it i would concider it a safe investment.

Hi Santas! I am new to this and want to be the best Santa Claus I can. I have heard about a book called "All About Being Santa" by Victor Nevada which is over 500 pages long and costs $169. Have any of you read it? Is it worth the money? Thanks in advance, Santa Steve

I own Victor's manual (the copy I have includes my name in the author's acknowledgements); and I have to say it is required reading, as is another Santa manual in my archives, this one written by Vegas-based Santa Scotty Gosh. Here is wisdom: even if you're Santa, research, fact-checking, and asking questions can also lend a hand in beating the bad guys!

Santa Richard, I hadn't heard of the book by Santa Scotty Gosh, could you provide a website or other source of information? Thanks.

Santa Richard, I hadn't heard of the book by Santa Scotty Gosh, could you provide a website or other source of information? Thanks.

Well, Scotty and his wife Joyce live in Vegas near Decatur Boulevard and Tropicana Avenue. Over 20 years ago they created the non-profit Family Traditions Foundation, in part to support Scotty's other major character, Nevada Nick, and his website at NevadaNick.com. Scotty and Joyce self-published the Santa manual I told you about; the only other connection I can locate is a Vegas area phone number, 1-702/873-3551. Hope this helps!

About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2016 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.