As you begin your bookings for the season I would like to offer some suggestions when finding yourself unable to accept a request.
As a reminder, when declining a prospective clients request be sure to do the following:
1. Express your thankfulness for their request.
2. Tell them you are honored that they requested you.
3. If it's a residential request, express being humbled that they have offered to open their home to you.
4. Include your regrets that you will not be able to be a part of their Christmas celebrations this season.
5. Tell them why you must decline.
6. Don't be cocky or flippant in your communications. Be polite.
I am sure you can tailor these suggestions to fit your own personality. But don't discourage them from seeking your SANTA presence in the future.
Declining, is also part of your marketing.
Just my thoughts