Elf Hermey

Lost Santas: Silent, Sad and Seriously Angry

Elf Hermey

Anonymous Santas speak out to DefendingSanta.com about the conflicting reports and charges of misdeeds coming out of their largest convention ever, Celebrate Santa. Celebrate Santa was to be a gathering of the red-suited brethren and their Mrs. Clauses to help Santas ply their craft and to take the “Santa Claus Oath”. Ironically, the Oath is the center of controversy in a scandal of missing money intended for charity.

The most recent article of this event explores the thoughts and feelings of those professional Santas who cannot respond online under their own identities about all that has transpired for fear of reprisals. Yes, things are that bad in the world of Claus. [...]

View the full article

Michael Rielly
“I am shocked Phil Wenz and Mike Rielly allowed themselves to be caught up into this. They should have known who they were dealing with.”

Anyone that knows me, knows that I give everyone a fair shake. I am often told that I am "too nice" and "too trusting". At 46, I don't think that will change anytime soon.

:rolleyes:

Cindylu

Interesting article with lots of quotes from people who dont' have the courage to identify themselves and stand tall in their beliefs. Personally, I don't put much stock in whatever people who are anonymous have to say because I don't know who they are or under what circumstances they speak.

For instance, did they even attend CS back in March? How could they possibly form an opinion about an event based on an experience they didn't have?

Im especially humored by those that say what a wonderful event CS was but how terrible it is that Joe and Mary Moore 'run' it. Who do you think came up with the idea in the first place? Who do you think is responsible for deciding who the best people are to Chair the convention/festival? Yes, many Chairpersons have left, but not ALL left because of disputes. Some were not asked back because, frankly, they didn't do such a good job. I doubt there's anyone here that would re-hire someone that doesn't do a good job, is there? And yes, there were some that left because of professional differences and disputes, but there seems to be a general consensus that CS is in such a mess that ALL the Chairpeople from last year left because they were disgruntled and that simply isn't true. Some others have admitted they were not in agreement with some things and left but there were also underlying personal reasons as well.

I am currently under attack for remaining on this years "board' as some call it. Many think it's because I'm a long time friend of the Moores. That is incorrect. I am a friend but also a business associate. I only met the Moore's for the first time last October when I stopped by on the way to N.C. to see relatives. I had signed on to do a workshop and wanted to meet them, so I stopped in. Through my workshop we got to know each other and Yeah, Charlie and I were involved the Rocket Balloon fiasco. We met a lot of wonderful people at Celebrate Santa for the first time, including Dutch, Phil, Everett and Danny among many more. All great people that we are proud to call our friends. I can tell you without question if any of my friends were in trouble, I would work as best I could to help them with whatever problem was at hand. I am a friend in hard times as well as the fun times. I don't leave when times get tough, I try to work on finding a solution, but most of all I'm there with a shoulder if needed. Call me crazy but that's the way it is.

One for the first things the Moore's did, just a few days after the conclusion of the March 2009 convention was sit down and start thinking of what went wrong and how to fix it. Incidentally, it IS a FOR-PROFIT venture because it's a full time job putting it all together. They have a choice; put on a great convention for a thousand or so of their friends or go out and get a job and work to make somebody else happy instead of them and their 1000 friends. They DO have to have money to live just like the rest of us.

Are they perfect? Nope. Do they make mistakes? Yes. Are they working to correct those mistakes? Yes.

Do I wish none of this had ever happened? Yes. Will this affect my personal life? No.

Does our Industry need an Annual Convention/Festival? You decide for yourself and act accordingly. You either come to it or you don't.

SantaCraig

what transpired over the plaques is one thing, but this defending Santa rag should not be able to use Santa in its name.

Two wrongs don't make a right!!!!

That is like if I were to post something derogatory about Phil, or Mike Rielly, or Santa Dave, or Everett, or Santa Charlie, or Iowa, or whoever it may be without having the whole story. I bet if someone was to post something on here like that it wouldn't last on here long, yet elf bot is linking to this garbage.

Am I the only Santa on here who is tired of reading about this crap on this forum? If I am I will glady remove myself from here and let everyone be.

Kona

OH, NO Santa Craig you are NOT ALONE.

Storytelling Santa

I have to agree and say as a new Santa this is starting to make me want to say ho ho ho hum.

Anyone have any new suit ideas? Ways to whiten eyebrows that doesn't look fake? how about shoulder pads for Santas with pot bellies and small shoulders?

Jeff Westover
Anyone that knows me, knows that I give everyone a fair shake. I am often told that I am "too nice" and "too trusting". At 46, I don't think that will change anytime soon.

Michael,

If I had a nickel for every time I've had some one flame me on the Internet I'd be a rich man. You're never going to control just what it is that people perceive of you. In your case, your heart is your guide and we all know it. If someone has a problem with that, let it be their problem.

Jeff

Cindylu
what transpired over the plaques is one thing, but this defending Santa rag should not be able to use Santa in its name.

That is like if I were to post something derogatory about Phil, or Mike Rielly, or Santa Dave, or Everett, or Santa Charlie, or Iowa, or whoever it may be without having the whole story. I bet if someone was to post something on here like that it wouldn't last on here long, yet elf bot is linking to this garbage.

Am I the only Santa on here who is tired of reading about this crap on this forum? If I am I will glady remove myself from here and let everyone be.

Nope, you aren't the only one at all Santa Craig and others, and I know exactly what you speak of about these stories coming from the link with the elfbot. AIf anybody else were to post it, it wouldn't be up very long at all.

I speak for personal experience on that.

I'm more than ready to start talking about getting ready for the season. As a sidenote; to those who have e-mailed me privately about bleaching tips, styling, grooming, etc. please bear with me, I'm getting to those messages as fast as I can. Sorry to be a bit longer than usual, but my mailbox is runnething over :^)[/size]

Cindylu
I have to agree and say as a new Santa this is starting to make me want to say ho ho ho hum.

Anyone have any new suit ideas? Ways to whiten eyebrows that doesn't look fake? how about shoulder pads for Santas with pot bellies and small shoulders?

Go to the Gallery and check out Gator Clauses summer Santa Suit. It's pretty cool!

Santa Danny

Santa Craig, I am with you 100% I am fed up with Defending Santa and I am also disturbed that the author of that RAG has direct access to everything that is posted on this forum.

Santa Spice

I am going into my first real year as a Santa in a major store and I don't want to read more post like these, so I will be ignoring all such post until January. I want to enjoy Christmas and be positive.

Santa Tommy

I went in and said "IGNORE" Elf Hermey.

It will only show you the title and then you can see that you don't want to read it or if you do.

Michael Rielly
I went in and said "IGNORE" Elf Hermey.

It will only show you the title and then you can see that you don't want to read it or if you do.

Just so you know, "Elf Hermey" is not a person. It is an RSS feed. It pulls and posts news items from a variety of sources, including Reuters. The Christmas News Wire is only one source.

Michael Rielly

Okay, here's what I am getting here, in email, and on phone calls:

Discussion is good.

Discussion is not good.

Censorship is good.

Censorship is not good.

Only allow people I agree with on the site.

Kick that jerk off!

When can I come back?

Can we please just get back to discussing suits, boots, and belts?

I'm going to bed...

:surrender::sc_sleep:

Laffo

May I be excused? I'm not hungry anymore.

Will you please kick this jerk off?

Laffo.

Edited by Laffo

Kona

I know I have said this before Laffo you are a very sick man... However your our sick man and we love you for it.

Elf Without Jingles

And your humble Elf w/o Jingles should know. For a while, I was a little bit invisible around here until some of our members here at ClausNET wondered where ol' Santa Richard was. Well, now that I'm here again, I'll lay you odds that anyone who's too trusting when it comes to matters Kringle is okay in my book!

FuzzyFootFarm
May I be excused? I'm not hungry anymore.

Will you please kick this jerk off?

Laffo.

I always found that "Teacher, my brain is full.....Can I go now?| works fine

Maybe that should be my new signature block!

FuzzyFootFarm
Santa Craig, I am with you 100% I am fed up with Defending Santa and I am also disturbed that the author of that RAG has direct access to everything that is posted on this forum.

I have a bigger concern that you would say that. Since when is ClausNET elitist? This person is as much a part of the season as we are and as long as he complies with the terms of service, why would he have any less right to access than anyone else? If you don't want your comments to be repeated, could I be so bold as to suggest that you might want to keep them to yourself?

My mommy always told me, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".........I wish I could learn to follow that advise.

Santa Danny
I have a bigger concern that you would say that. Since when is ClausNET elitist? This person is as much a part of the season as we are and as long as he complies with the terms of service, why would he have any less right to access than anyone else? If you don't want your comments to be repeated, could I be so bold as to suggest that you might want to keep them to yourself?

My mommy always told me, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".........I wish I could learn to follow that advise.

On the first part you are probably correct. That was one of those that I should have taken a deep breath and counted to ten before I hit the "Add Reply" button. I will add though that I have never posted anything on ClausNET that I wouldn't want repeated although that is not the issue. The issue is whether the person doing the repeating has the authority to do so, but that is another matter and I desperately want to be through with this whole topic.

As for the second part, I wish we would ALL live by that motto. It would make life so much better for everyone!

Edited by Santa Danny