What is Mrs. Claus first name?

Cindylu

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Olive is what a Mrs. Claus said from England ... where does that come from?

Mrs. claus first name can be what you want, there are book versions, movie versions , Holly from santa school. etc. there are traditional ones , I made up one... Crystal from the thought of crystals hanging off the castle.

My Mrs' name is Mary, so I like to joke that her maiden name was Christmas... Mary Christmas y'all!

ShantaClausSm.png

• Management

I found this on Wikipedia.

Mrs. Claus is the wife of Santa Claus. Unlike Santa Claus, however, she does not have a counterpart in folklore or mythology, but was the creation of American authors. She was popularized by poet Katharine Lee Bates in Bates' poem, "Goody Santa Claus on a Sleigh Ride" (1889). The character has since appeared in story, film, television and other media.

Of course, when I am asked, I always say I call her "Dear", "Mama", or "Sweetheart"

Schotsi biggrin.gif as in Mrs. Schotsi Claus !!

Good answer. Besides, wasn't the name of Sgt Schultz's toy company Schotsi, in Hogan's Heroes? Perfect! (OK, it was Schatzi, but very close.) :popcorn:

My Mrs. Claus's name IS Virginia and she does believe in me.

Mine is Kathi or Momma Claus

• Management

My Mrs. Claus's first name is "Honey Babe".

:mrmrsclaus2:My Mrs. Claus had a name change. It used to be "Alright already!" Now it's "Yes Dear!" :yes::lol2:

I like 'dear'...to me, that says it all!

I have heard that Mrs. Claus was called Martha as well as Mary. In the children's movie "Santa Claus comes to Town" Mrs Claus name is Jessica and she used to be the school teacher in the town.

I have had many children ask me what Mrs. Claus name is and I remind them of the movie. I make a game out of it and ask them what color hair she once had and then what did she do for work before she met me as a young elf.

This really gets the children thinking and most of them recall her from that movie.

Santa Jim of RI

My Mrs Claus is Christa or Chris. If Mrs Claus is not with me I will some time use the movie as well.

Pretty much whatever you want - I have heard Mary, Holly the most tho.

• 1 month later...

There is a wealth of information regarding the First Name of Mrs. Claus on Wikipedia.org ( http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Mrs._Claus ) Check it out! Looks like many people have "made up" names for Mrs. Claus with no historical basis. So ... you too can "make it up". Whatever you'd like. I've chosen Merry Claus ... I saw it somewhere in a book one time ... they spelt it Merrie ... but I liked the reference to Merry Christmas. Ho ho ho ... hee hee hee

• 5 months later...

Mine is Kathi or Momma Claus

Mine too! 2thumbup.gif

• Management

I have been asked a few times what is Mrs. Claus's first name. Since there are so many different names for Mrs. Claus, I usually say: 'Well I often call her "Dear" or "Honey"...and the Elves always call her "Mrs. C."...what was it you said you wanted for Christmas again?' :)

My Mrs. Claus is Virginia. Ya I know, and it's true.

I always thought her first name was "Mrs." ;)

I believe that you can use any first name that you want, only when answering a child who has asked the question, "What is your first name?" answer the child like you really mean it. Don't hesitate, but quickly state your first name as though it is really your name. I prefer "Merry" but have used other names as well if I think it fits the situation at the time. Just my thoughts on the question.

My Mrs. Claus is Carol.

She is my Christmas Carol!

Well the elves call her Mrs. C. I call her Mamma, but when she fills in for me when I am unable to write my Monthly North Pole Newsletter, that I send out to Children via email, her letterhead says from the Desk of Mrs. Jessica Anya-Maria Claus. Jessica from the Rankin Bass Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Anya in honour of the Virgin Mary's mother, Anne and Maria after Mary herself. In Santa Claus the Movie, Mrs. Claus' name was Anya as well. In Europe, it is not at all unusual for people to have mutiple names. When addressing my mother, my first ever Mrs. Claus, I just call her Tanta Kringle. You know where that came from.

• 10 months later...

I've never seen the movie in question so I was surprised at Jessica. I've been called that and didn't know why. I use either Holly or Merry.

Don't forget when Santa and Mrs. Claus are appearing together, to have this detail and others worked out in advance. I have had occasions where I have appeared with a different Mrs. Claus for different events (Santa America, for example) and we make sure that we have the name detail, how we met, how long we have been married, etc. all worked out in advance. This is particularly important when you are working a larger gathering and are sometimes separated and involved in different activities at the same venue. It's nice when both of the Clauses are giving the same answers. :whistling:

My mom is my Mrs. Claus, at least as of last year when she called me and said, "I want to come to Cayman for a week while you're doing your Santa stuff... and if you don't mind, I'd like to be Mrs. Claus and read children's books..." We had a lot of fun and she'll be coming back again this year with two of my teenage nieces who will be playing Miss Claus and and an elf. I kept fearing that someone would ask Santa and Mrs. Claus to share a big romantic kiss that they could take a picture of, but thankfully that didn't happen. Hugs and pecks on the cheek, no problem...

In the Christmas chronicles by Jeff Guinn her name is Layla

In the Santa Clause trilogy her name was Carol

Accoording to Wikipedia her name is Mary Lynne Anastasia Claus

She is also called mama by santa

I guess it all depends on the movie she's in or what part of the world you're in

• 2 weeks later...

In the earliest poems from the 1840s, I read where she was named "Mollie". I will have to find the poem in my files. KAtherine Lee Bates called her "Goody" which means "good wife." Indeed she is a good wife. My Mrs. Claus is names Michelle.

• 1 month later...

My Mrs goes by B. Claus

Why?

just be clause

Ho Ho Ho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the lady that plays mrs claus with me has chosen Merry elizabeth anastasia von claus. and for santas real name i use nicholas saint nicholas von claus (from the movie with kelsey grammer mr. saint nick)

• 3 months later...

I have heard that Mrs. Claus was called Martha as well as Mary. In the children's movie "Santa Claus comes to Town" Mrs Claus name is Jessica and she used to be the school teacher in the town.

I have had many children ask me what Mrs. Claus name is and I remind them of the movie. I make a game out of it and ask them what color hair she once had and then what did she do for work before she met me as a young elf.

This really gets the children thinking and most of them recall her from that movie.

Santa Jim of RI

EXCELLENT! Yesterday I had this question proposed to me. This was AFTER I had already had them on my lap and they were done and the little boy came back just to ask this. Without batting an eye, I said "Velma". (For no real reason as I had to say SOMEthing. :) )

Then he said okay and walked away back to his family.

I wondering if he was quizzing me now based on the Rankin Bass special you noted. I'm definitely going to remember that now. It never really made sense that they named her Jessica. :)

Anyway I will be more prepared next time! :D

I was thinking about this and I thought of my mother she signed her name Mrs. Delbert Callender. Not to be a sexist but in the days gone by most women used their husband's name in public.

Enough about my mother I was just thinking that back when Santa was young (in more ways then one) people did not always give the Mrs. a first name because she was Mrs. Santa Claus, you know Santa's wife. I have also known a bunch of old guys call their wife Mamma as the mother of his children. Not in my house as I was told "I am not your Mother.".

Up until a few years ago it was propper to address invitations to Mr. and Mrs. David Callender, now some come addressed to David and Nancy Callender or Mr. David and Mrs. Nancy Callender.

Also when children were seen but not heard ALL adults were addressed as Mr. or Mrs. they were not told the first names of adults or at least not until they were much older.

It is just my toughts on why Mrs. Santa Claus does not have a first name.

I was thinking about this and I thought of my mother she signed her name Mrs. Delbert Callender. Not to be a sexist but in the days gone by most women used their husband's name in public.

Enough about my mother I was just thinking that back when Santa was young (in more ways then one) people did not always give the Mrs. a first name because she was Mrs. Santa Claus, you know Santa's wife. I have also known a bunch of old guys call their wife Mamma as the mother of his children. Not in my house as I was told "I am not your Mother.".

Up until a few years ago it was propper to address invitations to Mr. and Mrs. David Callender, now some come addressed to David and Nancy Callender or Mr. David and Mrs. Nancy Callender.

Also when children were seen but not heard ALL adults were addressed as Mr. or Mrs. they were not told the first names of adults or at least not until they were much older.

It is just my toughts on why Mrs. Santa Claus does not have a first name.

Very good thoughts on this and probably why no name indeed. Also Mrs. Claus was an afterthought since the original poem created Santa Claus and everything else was just embellishing the story and filling in the blanks. The "What's his home life like?" :)

hahahahaha I can just see your wife backhanding you for calling her Mama.

Even further these days I see women keeping their own name or using lots of hypenated versions and such.

But really...Mrs. Santa Claus is a very good answer I think.

• 10 months later...

I like the name Ms Judi picked for herself . I refer to her as Ms.Claus She has chosen to become Bestemore--

• 1 year later...

Traditionally I have always heard Carol, Mary and Martha...latter Jessica  

My Mrs. Claus goes by "Mrs. C" or Emily.  My daughter is Laura, the "Ice Princess"  who is married to "Dan-wyl" the Elven King.

They also have their own costuming and frequently go with us to events.

I like Merry since her maiden name was Christmas.  I remember a version of that from Peanuts' Charlie Brown Christmas.  I call my Mrs. Claus "Sweetie Pie" or "Sugar Buns."

If asked we use her first name Michelle Claus but I only call her Mrs. Claus.

:mrmrsclaus2: 

This past season I started doing something different, telling folks my wife' maiden name was Andbright. So when we met she was Mary Andbright (say it out loud).

We studied a long time afore we decided on Bestemor Claus. Since Judi is of Norweigen descent ---how fitting

The Nissen at C.W.Howard School (FRED) helped us figgure this one out.

This past season I started doing something different, telling folks my wife' maiden name was Andbright. So when we met she was Mary Andbright (say it out loud).

Shannon:

Way cute!

Leonard

Hephzibah, of course! In the Bible (OT) it means "my delight is in her!"

I retract my earlier statement! Mrs. Claus' first name is Lana and I can prove it!!

I always just call her "Mrs. Claus" when we do an appearance together and she's in character.  My favorite Mrs. Claus from is Jessica from Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

I usually go with the "Jessica" from the Rankin-Bass special.  Virginia, however, is good because of the "Yes Virginia" editorial and Mary is a great choice to remind everyone of the true meaning of Christmas.

Santa Arthur.

My Mrs. is Barbara, and a favorite of mine is Anya from Santa Claus the Movie!

Maybe one day Barb will join me on a visit and we'll have to work the details out then!

Archived