Cindylu

What is Mrs. Claus first name?

Cayman Claus

My mom is my Mrs. Claus, at least as of last year when she called me and said, "I want to come to Cayman for a week while you're doing your Santa stuff... and if you don't mind, I'd like to be Mrs. Claus and read children's books..." We had a lot of fun and she'll be coming back again this year with two of my teenage nieces who will be playing Miss Claus and and an elf. I kept fearing that someone would ask Santa and Mrs. Claus to share a big romantic kiss that they could take a picture of, but thankfully that didn't happen. Hugs and pecks on the cheek, no problem...

• Like 1

JanaBanana

In the movie Santa Claus is coming to Town,,her name was Jessica.

Santa Chris Allen

In the Christmas chronicles by Jeff Guinn her name is Layla

In the Santa Clause trilogy her name was Carol

Accoording to Wikipedia her name is Mary Lynne Anastasia Claus

She is also called mama by santa

I guess it all depends on the movie she's in or what part of the world you're in

Edited by Santa Chris Allen
  • Like 1

John Johnson

In the earliest poems from the 1840s, I read where she was named "Mollie". I will have to find the poem in my files. KAtherine Lee Bates called her "Goody" which means "good wife." Indeed she is a good wife. My Mrs. Claus is names Michelle.

SantaRonM

My Mrs goes by B. Claus

Why?

just be clause

Ho Ho Ho

Santa Forbey

In "Santa Claus the Movie" her name was Anya.

YoungSanta

the lady that plays mrs claus with me has chosen Merry elizabeth anastasia von claus. and for santas real name i use nicholas saint nicholas von claus (from the movie with kelsey grammer mr. saint nick)

Santa Fox

I have heard that Mrs. Claus was called Martha as well as Mary. In the children's movie "Santa Claus comes to Town" Mrs Claus name is Jessica and she used to be the school teacher in the town.

I have had many children ask me what Mrs. Claus name is and I remind them of the movie. I make a game out of it and ask them what color hair she once had and then what did she do for work before she met me as a young elf.

This really gets the children thinking and most of them recall her from that movie.

Santa Jim of RI

EXCELLENT! Yesterday I had this question proposed to me. This was AFTER I had already had them on my lap and they were done and the little boy came back just to ask this. Without batting an eye, I said "Velma". (For no real reason as I had to say SOMEthing. :) )

Then he said okay and walked away back to his family.

I wondering if he was quizzing me now based on the Rankin Bass special you noted. I'm definitely going to remember that now. It never really made sense that they named her Jessica. :)

Anyway I will be more prepared next time! :D

Santa DCallender

I was thinking about this and I thought of my mother she signed her name Mrs. Delbert Callender. Not to be a sexist but in the days gone by most women used their husband's name in public.

Enough about my mother I was just thinking that back when Santa was young (in more ways then one) people did not always give the Mrs. a first name because she was Mrs. Santa Claus, you know Santa's wife. I have also known a bunch of old guys call their wife Mamma as the mother of his children. Not in my house as I was told "I am not your Mother.".

Up until a few years ago it was propper to address invitations to Mr. and Mrs. David Callender, now some come addressed to David and Nancy Callender or Mr. David and Mrs. Nancy Callender.

Also when children were seen but not heard ALL adults were addressed as Mr. or Mrs. they were not told the first names of adults or at least not until they were much older.

It is just my toughts on why Mrs. Santa Claus does not have a first name.

Santa Fox

I was thinking about this and I thought of my mother she signed her name Mrs. Delbert Callender. Not to be a sexist but in the days gone by most women used their husband's name in public.

Enough about my mother I was just thinking that back when Santa was young (in more ways then one) people did not always give the Mrs. a first name because she was Mrs. Santa Claus, you know Santa's wife. I have also known a bunch of old guys call their wife Mamma as the mother of his children. Not in my house as I was told "I am not your Mother.".

Up until a few years ago it was propper to address invitations to Mr. and Mrs. David Callender, now some come addressed to David and Nancy Callender or Mr. David and Mrs. Nancy Callender.

Also when children were seen but not heard ALL adults were addressed as Mr. or Mrs. they were not told the first names of adults or at least not until they were much older.

It is just my toughts on why Mrs. Santa Claus does not have a first name.

Very good thoughts on this and probably why no name indeed. Also Mrs. Claus was an afterthought since the original poem created Santa Claus and everything else was just embellishing the story and filling in the blanks. The "What's his home life like?" :)

hahahahaha I can just see your wife backhanding you for calling her Mama.

Even further these days I see women keeping their own name or using lots of hypenated versions and such.

But really...Mrs. Santa Claus is a very good answer I think.

SantaJoe

Mrs. Claus' first name is Holly.

Santa Laureate

I like the name Ms Judi picked for herself . I refer to her as Ms.Claus She has chosen to become Bestemore--

Santa Mike Liquori

I like Mary or Momma

Nora

Traditionally I have always heard Carol, Mary and Martha...latter Jessica  

Santa Leonard

My Mrs. Claus goes by "Mrs. C" or Emily.  My daughter is Laura, the "Ice Princess"  who is married to "Dan-wyl" the Elven King.

They also have their own costuming and frequently go with us to events.

Chris Capstone

I like Merry since her maiden name was Christmas.  I remember a version of that from Peanuts' Charlie Brown Christmas.  I call my Mrs. Claus "Sweetie Pie" or "Sugar Buns."

St.nickolasmillikan

If asked we use her first name Michelle Claus but I only call her Mrs. Claus.

:mrmrsclaus2: 

Shannon

This past season I started doing something different, telling folks my wife' maiden name was Andbright. So when we met she was Mary Andbright (say it out loud).

• Like 2

Santa Laureate

We studied a long time afore we decided on Bestemor Claus. Since Judi is of Norweigen descent ---how fitting

The Nissen at C.W.Howard School (FRED) helped us figgure this one out.

Santa Leonard

This past season I started doing something different, telling folks my wife' maiden name was Andbright. So when we met she was Mary Andbright (say it out loud).

Shannon:

Way cute!

Leonard

SantaRickyNJ

Hephzibah, of course! In the Bible (OT) it means "my delight is in her!"

Edited by SantaRickyNJ

SantaJoe

I retract my earlier statement! Mrs. Claus' first name is Lana and I can prove it!!

Edited by SantaJoe

SantaDon

I always just call her "Mrs. Claus" when we do an appearance together and she's in character.  My favorite Mrs. Claus from is Jessica from Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

Santa Arthur

I usually go with the "Jessica" from the Rankin-Bass special.  Virginia, however, is good because of the "Yes Virginia" editorial and Mary is a great choice to remind everyone of the true meaning of Christmas.

Santa Arthur.

S. Claus Va.

My Mrs. is Barbara, and a favorite of mine is Anya from Santa Claus the Movie!

Maybe one day Barb will join me on a visit and we'll have to work the details out then!

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 31 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.