Michael Rielly

Final Santa Claus Oath Ceremony

Michael Rielly

Final Santa Claus Oath Ceremonies

In 2010, the Santa Claus Oath original signing ceremonies will officially come to a close. There will be three officially sanctioned Closing Santa Claus Oath Ceremonies in July, September, and November.

These events will be of a formal nature and the Santa Claus Oath Book pages will be available for signatures only at the the July and September events.

In November 2010, the Santa Claus Oath Book will be sealed and placed into a time capsule. The time capsule will be a clear plastic sealed case where the contents can be viewed by the public, but not handled. The location of the time capsule will be in a predominate building in Santa Claus, Indiana. There is a planned display to accompany the time capsule that will explain the Oath in photos, videos, media stories, and documentations.

The time capsule will include:

The Santa Claus Oath Book which includes:

• Santa Claus Oath Book Title Page
  • Santa Claus Oath Dedication Page
  • Origins of the Santa Claus Oath
  • Jim Yellig Dedication and Bio
  • Charles W. Howard Dedication and Bio
  • Memorial for Outstanding Santas of the Past
  • The Story of the First Santa Claus Group
  • The Story of the first Santa Claus Convention
  • Santa Claus Conventions Over the Years
  • Santa Claus Prayer Page
  • "What Matters" Poem
  • Santa Claus Oath Title Page,
  • Story of the October 2008 Meeting of the Two Grandsons Page
  • The Signed Santa Claus Oath Page by the Two Grandsons
  • Witness Page
  • Charles W. Howard Santa Claus School Page
  • Santa Claus, Indiana Ambassador Page
  • The History of Santa's Candy Castle Page
  • The Santa Claus Oath Committee Page
  • The Traveling Santa Claus Oath Information
  • Dedication to the Santas of the World
  • Historical Overview of St. Nicholas
  • How St. Nicholas Became Santa
  • Title page for Signatory and the Signature pages

Additional contents to the Time Capsule include:

• Special Letters
  • Media Files
  • An Original Brick from the Candy Castle
  • Historical Documentations

These three ceremonies will be open to the public as well as Santas, Mrs. Clauses, and helpers. Each event will have a designated “persona of Santa” that will be part of the activities. Complete dates, times, itineraries, and ceremony policies will be announced soon.

If you have not been able to attend a Santa Claus Oath Ceremony, we will be announcing soon how to add your name to the Santa Claus Oath Book original signatory before the book is sealed and placed into the time capsule. There are a few groups having ceremonies this summer.

We have been asked why the signatory part of the Oath is coming to a close. The collection of these thousands of signatures has taken a long time. These Santas and Mrs. Clauses are a record of our period in history in the Santa Community. It is only proper that a time frame be used as this captures that "one moment in time."

Santa Claus Oath Ceremonies will continue for those who request them, only there will be no signature pages.

It has been my distinct honor and pleasure to have worked with so many of the Santa Community that have helped with this endeavor over the past two years. Special thanks to the Charles W. Howard Family, the Jim Yellig Family, and the Santa Claus Oath Committee. A thank you to each and every one of you that has supported this project by holding local and regional Oath signing ceremonies.

And a heartfelt thank you to the over 2,500 original signers from around the world that make the Santa Claus Oath the document that it has become.

Sincerely,

Phillip L. Wenz

Santa Wally

Looking forward to the update and details of the three Closing Santa Claus Oath Ceremonies. Thank you Phil for all your historian work and the creation of the oath and the forthcoming Time Capsule. :spinthanks:

Dutch Schrap

As always, another great video! I am proud to be a signer of the Oath!

VetteCitySanta

This is an awesome, inspiring piece of Santa history. I, too, am proud to have signed the Oath. I hope it continues to accomplish many good things in support of the true spirit of Christmas.

Santa Robert in KC

Some thoughts on the Time Capsule.....

I suggest that when they seal the time capsule that they have it injected with an inert gas. This will help keep the items from oxidizing during the storage period. Also I hope that they treat any non-acid free papers so they don't break down during storage as well. It would be a shame to open the capsule in the future and find a pile of dust mixed with ink residue.

Remember that media files might not be readable in future as technology changes. If you include a DVD, you should add a standalone DVD player as well with voltages/battery types noted. AS an example, how many of you still have a 5 1/4 inch floppy drive in your system - and THAT has only been a few years ago in the time line. Stuff on such media would be unreadable in the future.

Remember that according to Woody Allen in the movie "Sleeper", only VW Bugs can sit for hundreds of years in a cave and start right up on the first try.

Legendary Santa Claus

Santa Robert,

We have a professional service that deals in this type of "time capsule" storage involved in this project. This has been thought out as much as possible as to the care of the items that will be enclosed. This company has worked on "timed projects" with the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Chicago's Field Museum. They have mentioned some of what you stated. We even had to aquire insurance on the items to be sealed and a passage of right to the custodianship of the time capsule, the Santa Claus Oath Foundation, and the Coat of Arms.

There is alot more to this than just putting the items in a clear plastic box and walking away. That's why we brought in the professionals who do this type of preservation.

PLW

SantaKnows

It saddens me that I might not be able to sign this document, I did not even know of its existence until I join ClausNet last April. Hopefully it will be nearby so I can sign it.

Michael Rielly

It saddens me that I might not be able to sign this document, I did not even know of its existence until I join ClausNet last April. Hopefully it will be nearby so I can sign it.

There will be an opportunity to add your name. Stay tuned for details.

Santa Robert in KC

Phillip...

Glad to see that you are working with the Pros on this one.

Sorry about pointing out the obvious. It's just that so many groups

don't think when they go into this kind of project.

Glad to see this happening!

When will the time capsule be opened again?

Santa Marty

I look forward to further information on this possibility.

Santa Bruce Geron

I look forward to the opportunity to join with others in our community to sign the Oath. Please keep us updated.

Gloria Claus

Wanted to relay thanks to Phil and everyone on the committee that make the Santa Claus Oath possible. It was great being a part of the signing and I am proud I was able to do so. I was even more proud to have the honor of displaying Dennis and I's plague on his casket during the funeral. He would have been so proud. Regardless of all publicity that is bad or good, the world of Santas everywhere are so special. Santas are special special people and they all make this Mrs. Claus proud to be a part of this world. Merry Christmas Gloria

Santa Mike Liquori

I too look forward to the opportunity to sign, please keep us updated. I must sign this document.

Santa Pirate

I have one question mike.......the November time capsule most if not all Santas working, how can we attend a monumental moment at that time?

Legendary Santa Claus

Santa Pirate,

That is the best time that the community of Santa Claus, Indiana can hold the event. When planning this we had to look at a lot of factors including availability of community officials and what other activities the town already has on its schedual.

Santa Pirate

Santa Pirate,

That is the best time that the community of Santa Claus, Indiana can hold the event. When planning this we had to look at a lot of factors including availability of community officials and what other activities the town already has on its schedual.

i understand i really hope mine and santa j schedule allows us to atten

SantaDave

I too am hopeful that my name can be added somehow as well. Keep us informed. Also, is there somewhere that we can go to read it?

Legendary Santa Claus

We are working on the web page and the PDF files for the “proxy” signatures to be added for those of you that have not been able to attend a Santa Claus Oath Ceremony. Santa Felix will be in charge of the collection and confirmation of the signatory to be added to the Oath Book.

We should have all the information on the Oath website next week on how to add your name.

Besides the three closing ceremonies, the Oath is also traveling with Santa Tim's School for Santas, it will be at the Palm Tree Santas and the West Virginia Santas. Santa Dennis is also traveling with an Oath Ceremony to numerous locations over the next few months.

Also thanks to Santas Dutch and Jim for working on the National Christmas Center. Santas Dave, Mike S., and Chris for working on the Howard/Albion, NY ceremony...and Kevin K., Jerry O and Gary I for the Santa Claus, Indiana event...thanks to Mike Rielly, TJS and all that are helping with this project.

SCSanta

We are working on the web page and the PDF files for the “proxy” signatures to be added for those of you that have not been able to attend a Santa Claus Oath Ceremony. Santa Felix will be in charge of the collection and confirmation of the signatory to be added to the Oath Book.

We should have all the information on the Oath website next week on how to add your name.

Besides the three closing ceremonies, the Oath is also traveling with Santa Tim's School for Santas, it will be at the Palm Tree Santas and the West Virginia Santas. Santa Dennis is also traveling with an Oath Ceremony to numerous locations over the next few months.

Also thanks to Santas Dutch and Jim for working on the National Christmas Center. Santas Dave, Mike S., and Chris for working on the Howard/Albion, NY ceremony...and Kevin K., Jerry O and Gary I for the Santa Claus, Indiana event.

Wonderful News! Thanks so much to everyone for making these opportunities possible!

Santa Mike Liquori

Where would I find A shedule for Santa Tims School

Felix Estridge

Where would I find A shedule for Santa Tims School

Take a look at the remaining schedule here.

Santa Claude
hello.gif Look up coffeenpc.gif in the resoures glick go to linkes "scool 4 santa's " . I'll be going july 24,&25 in dallas.texas ..Santa Mike Liquori have a good day.lol_2.gifsanta_grin.gif

Santa Bob Elkin

I too am hopeful that my name can be added somehow as well. Keep us informed. Also, is there somewhere that we can go to read it?

Santa Dave, The Oath is on the Home page of ClausNet, go to top, click on Home, the Santa Claus Oath is on the left side!

Michael Rielly

Santa Dave, The Oath is on the Home page of ClausNet, go to top, click on Home, the Santa Claus Oath is on the left side!

You can also read the Oath and other Oath related information in the Santa Claus Oath forum.

SCSanta

Take a look at the remaining schedule here.

Anybody else going to the Atlanta session August 7-8? That's my best chance and I am going to try to make it.