Final Santa Claus Oath Ceremony

Michael Rielly

Wow! that is great Phil sounds like it is shaping up into a big crowd for the ceremony. I wish I could be there too. I'm sure you guys will have fun.

Edited by Santa Dennis

We're getting lots of responses from Santa's coming out to the Lancaster event! It's going to be a great time!! PM me if you are coming so I know! I'm working with Jim on having a dinner in the evening in Lancaster. Most restaurants are on average $20-25 per person and most are either "homestyle" or buffet. More info soon on that!

I can not be at the NY one but I will be at the Candy Castle.

• Management

I surely wish I could be at both but, unfortunately, cannot attend either. They are both going to be major historical events for the world of Santa Claus.

I just found out I will probably be going to Albion for Sept 25th!!!! So excited!!!!!

I just found out I will probably be going to Albion for Sept 25th!!!! So excited!!!!!

Great news Dutch!! It's going to be fa great time.

I would like to go to NY not sure I can schedule it yet, though it would be a nice time to celebrate my 58th.

Santa Tom:

Sure hope you can make to Albion, it's going to be a really great time.

I took the oath on 2-27-2010 in Rhode Island. In the rush of the moment, I got my certificate and signed it, but I do not believe I signed the book. Thanks to all of you who may be able to make it possible for me to sign before the book it is sealed. I am going to stay on top of this. Thanks again!

Dutch , do you have a head count yet for Lancaster?

I'm curious to know how many will attend.

• Management

I took the oath on 2-27-2010 in Rhode Island. In the rush of the moment, I got my certificate and signed it, but I do not believe I signed the book. Thanks to all of you who may be able to make it possible for me to sign before the book it is sealed. I am going to stay on top of this. Thanks again!

Kevin,

All you need to do is download the PDF and follow the instructions within. I have not received your signed signatory authorization to record your signature.

:toot: This just in.... :toot:

On Saturday evening in Lancaster, we'll be having a true Pennsylvania Dutch dinner experience if you would like to join us!!

We'll be heading over to Hershey Farm for a 6pm dinner.

Santa Jim Morrison will be showing his famous movie/slideshow afterwards at the Restaurant. :popcorn:

Cost is $16.50 per person for the dinner - due on Saturday morning (day of the festival). (I'd bring cash for Jim...)

For more info about Hershey Farm Restaurant and Inn - please click on the link below.

Hershey Farm Restaurant and Inn

If anyone has questions about Saturday - please feel free to contact me.

Since I'm so close, I'll be arriving Saturday morning (very early if anyone wants to meet for breakfast) and will be staying for dinner.

Looking very forward to seeing those coming!

Dutch

This dinner sounds great Dutch. Can't wait to get down there!! Thanks

No official head count yet Mike. I know of a handful coming from here and then a bunch from NJ and WV from what I hear.

Sounds good.

That was great Phil, Wish I could make it. We'll see what happens as we get closer

Phil, it is 12:35am down here in Florida, just finishing up some work for our Palm Tree Santas Christmas in July event. Thought I would check out clausnet, and I sure am glad I did! I am more excited than ever after seeing the piece you created! As soon as I finish the weekend, I will be booking that flight, etc. Thanks for all you do and for doing it with so much CLASS!

What a great piece of work Phil, I think Charles Howard would approve also. I am really excited about the Albion, NY Closing Ceremony and can't wait to be part of that. Thanks for sharing Phil.

Phil, this is going to be great,... I can't wait....Should be a big turnout...

• Management

Just got a call from Jerry Owens and Dutch Schrap from the National Christmas Center,

The outdoor events of the Midsummer Yule Festival, which the Oath is a part of, are being delayed because of a heavy down pour of rain. The displays are up, but the weather is causing major problems. Some of the vendors cannot even set up and the tour busses are on hold until the storm passes...later this afternoon as the weatherman says. Dutch suggested that the Santas should build an Ark at this time.

I know Jim Morrison and his staff have worked hard on the Midsummer Yule Festival. He is very disappointed. Hopefully the weather will pass and they can continue.

That's too bad. I certainly hope it will clear up and a successful event can be conducted.

Well, after many delays we had to go ahead with the Oath Ceremony under a tent. The rain continued and is still misting. We had a good turn out of about 50 Santa's, Mrs. Claus's, and Elves, plus a lot of friends of Santa. Jim Morrison I am sure was just devastated but the crowd was steady all day even with the rain. Most of the vendors stuck it out and the museum traffic picked up around 3 PM. We had lost all power at 9:15am and it wasn't restored until around 10:15am. With all the rain it was still an honor to be present with all those that share the belief in the Oath and what it stands for.

Let us all pray for better weather in Sept in Albion NY. It was a great pleasure to be able to help Dutch Schrap and I would also like to thank all those that attended and assisted in making this a memorable moment even in the in climate weather.

I'm sure the ceremony in Albion will go down in Santa history as a truly wonderful event -

one of those great memories in a person's lifetime.

I regret that I have already exceeded my Santa budget for special events travel and lodging this year, so I will not be able to attend.

I will certainly be there is spirit and hope to watch the event on video some day.

Edited by VetteCitySanta

Hi Folks!

Here are some photos from the National Christmas Center Santa Claus Oath signing. We were soaked, but that didn't stop us!

JerryDisplay.jpg

MacArthurOwens.jpg

OathDisplay.jpg

OathFramed.jpg

Pouring.jpg

RichardSigning.jpg

Signing.jpg

Signing1.jpg

CNCrew.jpg

CNCrew2.jpg

DaveandElfEric.jpg

DinnerCrew.jpg

DutchandJimMorrison.jpg

TomLongSigning.jpg

Great photos Dutch, It was a pleasure to meet you and make some new friends.

Great photos Dutch. I am so happy that you, Jim, Jerry, and Dave were able to get the event in, even with the bad weather. Turnout looked good even with the rain. Congratulations to you all.

Great Photos! A real shame about the weather problems for sure, but still and all, sounds like it was a great event and everyone had a good time. Wish we could have been there.[/i] :(

Well despite the weather, it looks like everyone attending had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Thanks for posting the pictures Dutch. What a great time it was!!

Great photos, Santa Dutch. Looks as though everyone enjoyed themselves despite the rain. Congratulations!

Dutch and Phil, thanks for the opportunity to read the biography of one of my Santa heroes. I hope that Santa Jim Yellig would have approved. Also want to thank Jerry for his time for the discussion about Jim afterwards. I was very honored to be a part of the event. Thanks

What wonderful photos. Thanks, Dutch for sharing them with us. Memories to last a lifetime.

Thanks for the photos Dutch. Makes me feel like I were there. Santa Vern2thumbup.gif

wow! this really looks like an awesome event! thank you Phil, Santa Dave Troutman, Santa Mike Stroh and all the Santas of the Western New York Santa group for your efforts and hard work to bring us the opportunity to walk, however briefly, in the footsteps of Charles W. Howard and I am sure feel his presence among us.

I can't imagine any Santa, especially the many graduates of the Charles W. Howard Schools that would not make every effort to attend this most momentous and history creating event in the modern day annuals of Santa Claus!

With the assistance of Santa Dave Troutman and Santa Mike Stroh, we have reserved a block of rooms at the Holiday Inn, Batavia at an attractive reduced rate. (Published rates are $99, AAA, $89) This property is located just off Interstate 90, a New York State Thruway, easy to get to, 30 minutes from Rochester or Buffalo Airports and 15 minutes from Albion.

Rooms will be available for $75 per night (Double/Double) one or two persons, Friday, Sept 24th, Saturday Sept 25th.

King rooms are $85 per night

Suites are $95 per night

You must call 1-866-281-2704 or 585-344-2100, ask for "In-House Reservations", then ask for a room from the "Santa Claus Oath" room block. You will need to reserve the room with your own credit card as is usual with any hotel.

You can view the property and it's amenities at www.hibatavia.com but these reservation prices are not available on line, you must reserve your room by telephone!

We are also working on and planning to put together an informal dinner Friday and/or Saturday evening, probably in the Batavia area, as this is the closest area with larger restaurants that may accomodate a large group of folks!

Just made my reservations for the Batavia Holiday Inn for my Girlfriend and I! Staying over 9/24 & 9/25... Can't wait!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

ho ho ho!

I have made my airline reservations, my rental car reservations and my Holiday Inn reservations for 9/24 & 9/25.

I am really looking forward to seeing a lot of great friends and many new ones.

To be able to attend and witness a little of the History of Charles W. Howard is an honor I know I will always remember and cherish!

• Management

Just made my reservations for the Batavia Holiday Inn for my Girlfriend and I! Staying over 9/24 & 9/25... Can't wait!!

Well I guess I am not staying with you! ;)

• Management

Well I guess I am not staying with you! ;)

Awkward!

I in, booked a suite for the 24th and 25th. Looking forward to seeing all of you there.

I just made my reservations!!

So does that mean your home will be available? Everette was looking for a place that wasn't to far away from Albion and reasonable. sc_rofl.gif

• Management

You lucky dude! I bet you were in hog heaven just listening to her.

Phil, that’s, wonderful. 100 and she’s going to attend the ceremony. God Bless her!!!

I have been reading all the ClausNet threads and posts about the” Final Oath Singing” at the Charles W. Howard home in Albion NY on Sept. 25th. It looks like there is a lot of interest building from my brother Santa’s here on ClausNet. My wife and I are very excited about attending on the event on the 25th. Last night we drove to Batavia, it’s about 25 miles from here, to make our hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn, while I was talking to the hotel clerk he said the block of rooms being held for Santa’s is filling up fast. Another clerk said that they (the staff) were all very excited about the Santa’s coming to the Holiday Inn.

Thanks to Phil W. we soon will have new insights of interesting facts, stories and information concerning Charles W. Howard, his life and his legend. I can’t wait to hear more about it from Phil when we all get to Albion.

Anyway my question is: I haven’t heard anything about this Once in a Lifetime event from the Charles W. Howard Santa School Alumni? I would have expected to hear something about it from Lamar May. (All CWH alumni know who Lamar is, he is the alumni information man or “the go to man”)

I’m sure there are lots of CWH Alumni who don’t belong to ClausNet that would like to attend or at least be informed of this wonderful event and be part of the “Celebration of the LIFE and Legend of Charles W. Howard”. Maybe there is already something in the works to inform the Alumni and I’m just jumping the gun… I hope I haven’t stepped on any toes

I had a conference call meeting with the Albion committee for the Charles W. Howard Celebration today that was fantastic. I was given a number to call to talk to a lady who was a manger for CWH at Christmas Park. Now hold on to your sleigh bells…she is 100 years old! She was born in 1909 and started to work for CWH in 1952 at the age of 43. She worked at the Park for 16 years until it closed in 1968. (The Park was sold in 1965 to a group called the “Jolly 5” who ran it for 3 years.) She still lives independently in a Senior Community and for 100 years old, she still has it going on. I could have talked to her all day about her experiences with CWH, Christmas Park, the School, and Albion. She is “living history” and happily accepted our invitation to the Ceremony.

What a treat…she really made my day!

That is just awesome Phil. I can't wait until the 25th

I'm really going to try to be there. This is going to be fantastic

I had a conference call meeting with the Albion committee for the Charles W. Howard Celebration today that was fantastic. I was given a number to call to talk to a lady who was a manger for CWH at Christmas Park. Now hold on to your sleigh bells…she is 100 years old! She was born in 1909 and started to work for CWH in 1952 at the age of 43. She worked at the Park for 16 years until it closed in 1968. (The Park was sold in 1965 to a group called the “Jolly 5” who ran it for 3 years.) She still lives independently in a Senior Community and for 100 years old, she still has it going on. I could have talked to her all day about her experiences with CWH, Christmas Park, the School, and Albion. She is “living history” and happily accepted our invitation to the Ceremony.

What a treat…she really made my day!

AMAZING!

Phil, I believe I can see your point, they have been invited and have shown no response. To just be able to meet the lady who actually worked with Howard, what a treat to anyone who cares about the history of Charles W. Howard and what he taught in his schools. Without the real history of Charles W. Howard, aren't they going to be missing a lot??

In my opinion, it would appear there will be a tremendous amount of information in Albion (unavailable anywhere else) regarding the Life and Legend of Charles W. Howard that their school and it's graduates would really benefit from.

Even being the weekend before, it is still only one day. With good planning, schedules can be tweaked to accomplish most anything if a person really desires to do so.

l would think at the very least, they would want the Alumni to know about the Albion Event, to at least be able to make their individual decisions as to attend or not!

I would urge any alumni who are on clausnet to inform any alumni groups or individuals they know about this historic event in honor of Charles W. Howard.

And, yeah, how cool would it be to have the 75th Anniversary School (2012) in Albion, right where it first started!! awesome!!

This is the perfect moment to be part of History...its that simple, an event on the Howard land, where it all began with a simple idea, and now everyone can come together to celebrate that. Think of how amazing it will be to visit with a lady that is 101 and lived, breathed was part of the Howard magic, think of the real reason for all of this, to come together and honor the life of Charles W. Howard in his actual home where it all took place. I know for a fact that WNY is starting to buzz about this, I live 25 minutes from the Howard house and have grown up with the stories and Legacy that Charles created...having this event and being part of this event is much more than just a "Santa Gathering" its telling the real story of a Legend and Celebrating that, one thing I get from the Howard story is "Believe" you can do anything you want in life, you can be Santa, you can make toys, you can start a school and bottom line make children happy and it all started with a simple idea...I strongly urge anyone that is able to attend this event to do so, by attending this event you are honoring Charles W. Howard, and his family, and showing your respect to a Man and an Idea that started in Albion New York...a very special Thank You to Phil and everyone else that is a part of this event, it goes to show that Charles has affected some great people with his story and this event is a great way to honor that.

Thanks for your reply Phil, you certinly answered my question. I guess you did reached out to them, further than I would have expected. Thank You !

Has the actual date been set for the Ceremony in Santa Claus Indiana yet where the Oath is to be placed in the Time Capsule?

I know it's slated for sometime in November but need to know if the actual date has been set yet. We'd love to attend that event, if possible.

• Management

Hi Folks!

Here are some photos from the National Christmas Center Santa Claus Oath signing. We were soaked, but that didn't stop us!

<snip>

Thanks for these pictures Dutch. Seeing my grandfather's picture up there with these gentlemen choked me up a little. I am looking forward to the NY and IN events.