Final Santa Claus Oath Ceremony

Michael Rielly

Wish we could be there to celebrate with everyone.

Thanks for the pictures Santa Dutch - I realized that that was you in the pictures - sorry for saying so and I'm sure that you have heard it before, but what a baby face you have! I am sure that you still get asked for ID. Enjoy that for as long as you can!

Cindylu it is set for Nov.6.

This is to all 2009 Santa Oath Committee members it would be great if we all could be at the last one. We were there at the Start we should be there at the last one. So what do you all say I will be there I know Dennis and Jerry as will be too. Who else.

How neat all this is. I'm hoping we will be able to attend the Ceremony in Santa Claus, Indiana on Nov 6.

We've always intended to visit there and can think of no better place to be on Nov. 6.

Phil, that's a lot of information! I'll have to keep it all under wraps, though, as none of it has as yet happened (some secrets, after all, reveal themselves with the passage of time, I've heard it said). But needless to say, I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful ceremony. I'm just sad that I won't be able to make it. I'm sure someone'll put the whole thing on YouTube, won't they?

HO HO HO!

I received word last night that the Holiday Inn was "out" of rooms for our discounted room block!

I am happy to inform everyone, this was a mistake! Even though a lot of folks have already reserved rooms,

The Holiday Inn in Batavia has rooms available at our discounted rate of $75 per night.

If you are interested, you must call 585-344-2100 or 866-281-2704, you must ask for "In-House Reservations" then ask to reserve a room from the "Santa Claus Oath" room block. You can reserve your room with your credit card.

Any other method may result in being told there are no rooms left, no room block, etc. This is their method of handling room blocks. If anyone has a problem with making their reservation, please let me know!

For more information, please see my post #100, on this thread!

We are working on a possible restaurant and will keep everyone informed! looking forward to seeing everyone in Albion!

Edited by Santa Bob Elkin

Would have loved to here the audio, great stuff!

I love this vintage footage. It gives me goose bumps and fills me with such pride. Makes me want to see so much more. Once again, Thanks Phil for sharing all this with us and for all that you do to keep these memories alive. You are a real gift to all of us.

You are so right, that is really an excellent picture! the look on the little girls face is priceless, look at me Mommy, I am sitting on Santas lap!

Question, how do you know this little girl is 52 years old???

Sitting down, Howards beard extends past his belt! how cool is that? I have to agree with Shanta, some of these pictures of designer beards

make a lot of us wish we could have one! ho ho ho!

Was that the same float that was used in, "Miracle on 34th Street"?

I wish i could be a signitary of that great importaint document.

• Management

No,

The float in the movie was used only twice in 1946 & 1947. Only Edmund Gwenn who was filming the movie at the parade in 1946 and reprised the role again in 1947 used that float. Howard's first Macy's Parade was 1948 and a new float was used.

Is the float from the 1947 movie still in existence?

I so wish I could be there.

Wow, bring me back to my childhood years, great video Phil.

• Management

Wow...how I would have loved to have grown up in that area at that time.

Sept 25th is truly a Once In A Lifetime opportunity, those folks that miss this will indeed miss a very important and historic event. It will not happen again, I would urge everyone who can to consider attending, I know that each of us who attend will leave having become better folks and better Santas as we will be priveleged to actually walk in the shadow of the footsteps of our modern day icon, Charles W. Howard!

I can only urge you, don't miss it!!

I have tentative approval to get time of prior to the 25th. Now if I can work out the travel details before things at work change again.I know that AMTRACK goes to Rochester NY, does anyone know about that train stop is there a car rental place close by?

Tom, let me know what time and date your train comes into Rochester.

Wow it is pretty cool that they had interest in taking the Santa Claus Oath, Good job Santa Tim. I may have to reconsider my soft drink of choice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Management

Marvelous photo! Thanks for sharing with us, Phil!

Great photo and in color, too. An added treat.

I hope that I will have a chance to have my name added. I'll keep watching for the chance

You can do it by Proxy, Santa RonD. I believe if you look back on this post you find out how to do that. Also, check with Santa Felix. All you have to do is download the paper work, follow the driections and fill out the paper work and send to a Santa Claus Oath Proxy representative, which Santa Felix is. I hope you can get your name in as well. It is not too late.

I love these photos. They really inspire me. As Always, your dedication to keeping this wonderful history alive helps to make us all better Santas.

I can't add more than what everybody else has already said - Thanks for all the hard work!

I so enjoy all the info. and pics that you have been able to dig up from all over the place, and on so many different places that have been important in the development of Santa in this country, esp. the Santa's Village stuff, as that is near and dear to my heart.

I really can't wait till Albion, it will be great. Thank you seems so small Phil for all of your hard work but I know it is also more like a labor of love for you too. We as a Santa community owe you and Mike so much! Thanks again!!

I had the pleasure of signing taking the Santa oath almost two weeks ago in Atlanta .Somehow theres a magic there that makes you feel like you are apart of something very real and important.Peace,Sinternoel

Going to be a great weekend!!!2thumbup.gif

Now that sounds like fun. Imagine, me a certified dancing Santa.....cool. 2thumbup.gif

Now that sounds like fun. Imagine, me a certified dancing Santa.....cool. 2thumbup.gif

yeah, Imagine me light on my feet :sc_rofl:

yeah, Imagine me light on my feet sc_rofl.gif

Light headed would be more like it, especially if you partake of a certain beverage from south of the border.

Light headed would be more like it, especially if you partake of a certain beverage from south of the border.

:sc_rofl: Ole!!

You could say I am able to hold a beat. I was a professional partner and Ballroom dance and Tap instructor for many years. Mrs. Claus is quite the hoofer too. Kind of hard on the body as you get older.

If that is a current picture of her, we should all be that lucky to look so well in our upper years, let alone 100!

Wow!

I do hope that nothing (health wise) gets in the way of her attending this special event.

• Management

gallery_15_310_978.jpg

Mildred Baker

I talked to Mrs. Baker yesterday and she is very excited about being part of the Howard Celebration. She told me that her 101st Birthday is in September and this event is a great present. Well...now knowing that it is her Birthday, I would like to ask all the Santas that will be in attendance to bring their singing voices. As part of the ceremony, we are going to surprise Mrs. Baker with a cake and the singing of Happy Birthday.

That is so cool! God bless her!

I realize the Sept ceremony is key right now but any additional info on the Indiana program, attire etc.??

This is "GREAT" news Phil, thanks for the update.

Phil, the more you post on the Charles W. Howard Memorial Day Celebration, the happier I am that I have my reservations!

If anyone is still "thinking" about going, hotel information is on page 5, post #100 of this thread! a once in our lifetime opportunity, don't miss it!!

Great video, Phil, Thanks

More great stuff,thanks Phil

Phil, you continue to amaze me with the footage you come up with. It is truly inspiring and makes me proud to be Santa. Thank you so much for all you do for us.

It looks like he just removed the beard from his face in this picture as you can see a

"line dent" in his skin from the top of his ear to the side of his mouth.

• Management

How wonderful! I bet you were excited, Phil!