Sign the Santa Claus Oath by Proxy

Michael Rielly

yeah!! Felix I need to get my friends in Montreux to send theirs to you. the other ones were returned when the addy changed. Thank you so very much for the update

• 9 months later...

Is it still possible to do this, Felix?

• Management

Is it still possible to do this, Felix?

It sure is, Cayman Santa Len.  Go up to post # 42 in this topic and follow the instructions.

It is in the Mail Felix.  Thanks.

Just a note the oath PDF says 2013 (no big deal but thought I would point it out.)

I put mine in the mail this morning.

Hey, Felix!

Installing Adobe Reader has always been a chore for me, especially since I use a rickety, slightly used laptop, and that the only other way I can access the PDF file for signing the Oath is through Google Chrome, and loading that takes me practically a whole afternoon. More, from where I usually post my posts -- that would be me local library branch --- they don't let me print out my own stuff. So, can other alternatives be arranged? I mean, I've been wanting to sign the Oath literally since Phil wrote it! And I, for one, would love the opportunity to lend my signature to those who've gone before me.

• Management

Hey, Felix!

Installing Adobe Reader has always been a chore for me, especially since I use a rickety, slightly used laptop, and that the only other way I can access the PDF file for signing the Oath is through Google Chrome, and loading that takes me practically a whole afternoon. More, from where I usually post my posts -- that would be me local library branch --- they don't let me print out my own stuff. So, can other alternatives be arranged? I mean, I've been wanting to sign the Oath literally since Phil wrote it! And I, for one, would love the opportunity to lend my signature to those who've gone before me.

I will send you a private message to try to accommodate you, EWOJ.

• 5 months later...

Santa Felix,

I downloaded the 2013 proxy from post #42.  Is there an updated proxy Santa Oath for 2014?  I too will not feel properly prepared for my role until having taken, and signed the oath,

Thanks for all that you do for our community,

Santa Vern 

• Management

Santa Felix,

I downloaded the 2013 proxy from post #42.  Is there an updated proxy Santa Oath for 2014?  I too will not feel properly prepared for my role until having taken, and signed the oath,

Thanks for all that you do for our community,

Santa Vern 

No, there is not.  You can use the 2013 proxy files.

• 4 weeks later...

Has there been any consideration to incorporating the emblem of the oath onto a signet ring much like a college ring from companies like Jostens. It could be purchased through the committee to protect its exclusiveness and a Santa could size it so it could be worn over his white gloves.  If a child ask if he was the real Santa, the Santa could show this ring as the one he uses to seal documents etc. at the North Pole.  I would gladly wear such a ring instead of my seminary ring. 

• Like 4

I do not normally wear any form of jewelry, other than a small discreet silver wedding ring that is never removed.  However, just like the Reverend Santa, a Santa Oath ring would be one that I would proudly wear.

• Like 1

• Management

I would love to see this come to fruition.  I wear rings over my gloves, both the white and green ones.  Its rather fitting being inside Neiman Marcus.  I get comments all the time on both my wedding ring and my wreath ring.  I have them on both silver and gold to match the metal theme of my suit.

• Like 1

Thanks Santa Felix. My Mrs. Claus wanted to upgrade my seminary ring for my doctoral ring but I would wear that year around both in Santa regalia or not because the principles of the Oath are timeless. Will be sending our proxy copy after holidays but we are deciding who would be our witness(es). Want to do it special.

• Management

Has there been any consideration to incorporating the emblem of the oath onto a signet ring much like a college ring from companies like Jostens. It could be purchased through the committee to protect its exclusiveness and a Santa could size it so it could be worn over his white gloves.  If a child ask if he was the real Santa, the Santa could show this ring as the one he uses to seal documents etc. at the North Pole.  I would gladly wear such a ring instead of my seminary ring. 

I do not normally wear any form of jewelry, other than a small discreet silver wedding ring that is never removed.  However, just like the Reverend Santa, a Santa Oath ring would be one that I would proudly wear.

I would love to see this come to fruition.  I wear rings over my gloves, both the white and green ones.  Its rather fitting being inside Neiman Marcus.  I get comments all the time on both my wedding ring and my wreath ring.  I have them on both silver and gold to match the metal theme of my suit.

Thanks Santa Felix. My Mrs. Claus wanted to upgrade my seminary ring for my doctoral ring but I would wear that year around both in Santa regalia or not because the principles of the Oath are timeless. Will be sending our proxy copy after holidays but we are deciding who would be our witness(es). Want to do it special.

I believe Phil may be working on something. 

Thank you Legendary Santa Claus. I meant no harm as a newbie, just wondering. Merry CHRISTmas.

• 3 weeks later...

When I try to get the PDF file to sign I get this error: The requested URL /CNTV/OathBookProxy.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thank you 

Santa Scott

Edited by Scott Hunt

• Management

When I try to get the PDF file to sign I get this error: The requested URL /CNTV/OathBookProxy.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thank you 

Santa Scott

Post #42 in this thread contains the most recently updated version and it is viewable and downloadable.  I just tested it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Santa Felix,

Does the Oath Proxy sign sheet need to be notorized? or can my wife just witness? I just want to make sure I do this right.

Thank You, Charlie Johnson

• Management

Santa Felix,

Does the Oath Proxy sign sheet need to be notorized? or can my wife just witness? I just want to make sure I do this right.

Thank You, Charlie Johnson

No notarization necessary, Charlie.  Just get your wife to fill out the witness.

Santa Felix,

I still have not formally signed the oath, as to me it is such a meaningful act that I have been delaying signing until a special occasion. I assume that the upcoming conference in Albion would be an appropriate occasion, and look forward to meetings and fellowship other Clauses.

Still learning my way around ClausNet, several days ago I sent my registration to Santa Everett, but haven't found an acknowledgement yet.

I believe I saw where you and your Mrs. Cluse are also attending and look forward to meeting you both there.

Hugs,

Santa Vern

Edited by Vern Crawford

• Management

Santa Felix,

I still have not formally signed the oath, as to me it is such a meaningful act that I have been delaying signing until a special occasion. I assume that the upcoming conference in Albion would be an appropriate occasion, and look forward to meetings and fellowship other Clauses.

Still learning my way around ClausNet, several days ago I sent my registration to Santa Everett, but haven't found an acknowledgement yet.

I believe I saw where you and your Mrs. Cluse are also attending and look forward to meeting you both there.

Hugs,

Santa Vern

I am not aware that there is a signing of the Oath during this Albion, NY event, but the agenda has yet to be released.

As for your acknowledgement, it may not come for a while.  I registered right after it was first announced but did not get an acknowledgement until months later.

If things work out for me in my daily job, I will be there and would love to meet you, too.

No notarization necessary, Charlie.  Just get your wife to fill out the witness.

Sounds good it will be in the mail tomarrow. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

Signed and sent.

• Management

Signed and sent.

And I'll let you know when I get it.

• Like 1

Beautiful 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just downloaded the pdf and will mail it on Friday. 

• Management

Just downloaded the pdf and will mail it on Friday. 

Sounds good!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Sorry , only seen this post now , will download it , sign it and post it in the new year 

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried to download the Oath for signing and I get an error message that the file is not found.  Any help would be appreciated.

• Management

I think Mike is updating it this evening.  I sent him a message that my address, as the Oath Proxy Chairman, is old in this version and needed to be updated.  He may have taken it down to update it and will be putting it back up with the correct address.

I just tried to download the Oath for signing and I get an error message that the file is not found.  Any help would be appreciated.

Reiller, I got it send the other day , if you want I can email you the pdf file 

Edited by Santa Peter

• Management

There is a new version in the Downloads section.

• Like 1

Thanks!!!  I went to the download section and got it.  I'll be mailing it in the next few days.   Thanks again for all the help.  

My proxy will be mailed out on Jan 14th with any luck

• Like 1

It was my privelage to renew the Oath at the Lone Star SantasRoundup this past weekend.

Hugs from Texas,

*<[;-) } Santa Vern

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Pardon the lack of knowledge from a newbie. What is the Oath? What do we do when we sign it? The description seemed to tie it to an event that happened in 2010.

• Like 1

• Management
1 hour ago, SantaNeale said:

Pardon the lack of knowledge from a newbie. What is the Oath? What do we do when we sign it? The description seemed to tie it to an event that happened in 2010.

Here is some background on the Santa Claus Oath

• 8 months later...

Hello all. Could anyone offer advice on when and where the oath signing ceremonies take place? I am happy to fill out the form and sign by proxy, but it sounds like a wonderful occasion to be part of the ceremony. Thank you!

Edited by KofC Santa
  • Like 2

• Management
7 hours ago, KofC Santa said:

Hello all. Could anyone offer advice on when and where the oath signing ceremonies take place? I am happy to fill out the form and sign by proxy, but it sounds like a wonderful occasion to be part of the ceremony. Thank you!

They used to happen at national get-togethers but I am not sure if they still do.  I know that many state-wide groups still do them.  You should check with yours.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Is there a way persons who were not around in 2010 can sign the Oath, even if their signatures do not go into a time capsule?

Seems to me this is very popular and should be an ongoing activity rather than one with a 2010 cutoff date.

Can a/the window for it be set up to allow new signatures now and in future, with no closing date? Let's see how many signatures it will attract.

• Like 1

• Management
1 hour ago, Mervyn The Hired Hand said:

Is there a way persons who were not around in 2010 can sign the Oath, even if their signatures do not go into a time capsule?

Seems to me this is very popular and should be an ongoing activity rather than one with a 2010 cutoff date.

Can a/the window for it be set up to allow new signatures now and in future, with no closing date? Let's see how many signatures it will attract.

Yes...go to the oath signatory pages here and print them.  You can then sign them for yourself.

• Like 1

• Management
2 hours ago, Mervyn The Hired Hand said:

For those if you new to ClausNet and/or the Santa Claus community, I encourage you to read through some of our archives here on this site. There is a considerable history in regards to the reasons for and the creation of the Santa Claus Oath.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Management

There has been quite a bit of feedback on the Oath proxy pages and their reference still to 2010.  They have been updated for anyone who still wants to sign it by proxy for placement into the Oath Book once it is removed from storage inside the time capsule in 2035.  Those files now replace the old ones here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for these ...I downloaded the originals with the 2010 dates and thought that I would not be able to sign until 2035 when the time capsule will be opened for a year and then rededicated ... God willing I will still be around in 2035!

I look forward to attending the opening of the time capsule and re-dedication if I am able to ...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

HI

Where can I find the pdf of this please or am I too late?

Thanks

• Like 1

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 94 replies