Michael Rielly

Sign the Santa Claus Oath by Proxy

Michael Rielly

I see that this is the 2010 Oath. Will there be a 2011?

The Santa Claus Oath Book was sealed and placed into a time capsule back in November. You can still take the Oath at various events and meetings, but no more signatures will be added to the book.

Santa Bob Elkin

Presented as a matter of information:

The Palm Tree Santas make a point of standing, holding hands and reciting the Santa Claus Oath as we begin any of our meetings.

We either provide a written copy for each person to read or Santa Dennis or Santa Jim will play one of our video recordings of the words of the Santa Claus Oath.

I personally feel like this creates a reminder to each of us why we should practice the Santa Claus Oath every day of the year.

If I may, I would urge each and every group of Santas whenever you may gather together, please consider reciting the Santa Claus Oath......

Maybe I am just an old Fuddy-Duddy, just being honest, above board and totally transparent...... but.......I still get a little tear in my eye whenever my fellow Santas, Mrs Clauses and Elves, (especially the elves) of the Palm Tree Santas stand, hold hands and recite the Santa Claus Oath.

I wish every group, everywhere would practice the same!

• Like 1

Gator Claus

Just to echo a little of what Santa Bob said, reciting the Santa Claus Oath at our gatherings has become such a cherished tradition for us. We have expanded on the tradition in an unique way... At our most recent event, "Christmas in July" we were honored to be joined by approximately 12-15 of our newest members to the Palm Tree Santas Family, our Elves. These are young people ranging in ages 3 to 16 who are following in either their parents or grandparents footsteps in the Spirit of Christmas. Before we joined hands to recite the Santa Claus Oath, each Elf was called to the front of the room where the Official Elf Oath written by none other than the Legendary Santa, Santa Phillip Wenz, himself, was recited. Then each of our Elves was presented with an Elf Oath Certificate with their named on it as a memory of the event.

Santa Bear Larry
B)I really enjoyed watching each of the "elves" as they recited the Oath and received their certificate. PRICELESS!!!

Legendary Santa Claus

Besides the Santa Claus Oath…

The Elf Oath

As an Elf of the mystical and traditional spirit of Christmas, I do hereby affirm that I shall help spread the magic and folklore that is a part of the Santa Claus Legend. I will act as an emissary of love, hope and charity. I will always remember the true meaning of the Season by giving the gift of myself to each child or adult to whom I encounter. I will take my role seriously by serving honestly and faithfully. I pledge myself to these principals as an Elf to Santa Claus, the ambassador of St. Nicholas the gift giver of Myra.

Mrs. Santa Claus Pledge

As Mrs. Santa Claus I solemnly pledge myself, in the Spirit of St. Nicholas, to maintain and advance my vocation as a conveyor of the true meaning of Christmas to all that I may meet in my journeys and travels. I will devote myself in bringing a loving loyalty to the Santa Claus Legend and will do all in my power to encourage the sentiment that it is truly better to give than to receive. I will use my knowledge and love for Christmas to be a part of the magic of the Season and to be partners with Santa Claus in bringing a Loving, Joyful, and Happy Holiday to all. I will seek to see the enchanting wonder of each new day and seek to see that wonder in each child's eyes that I visit. I know that being Mrs. Santa Claus is a gift that I can give to children of all age and by undertaking this role I promise to create special memories, to the best of my abilities, for all that I shall encounter.

The Mrs. Santa Claus Pledge/Promise/Oath and other connotations and the Elf Oath/Pledge/Promise and other connotations are copyrighted under an attachment with Arcadia Publishing 2009-2011 by Phillip L. Wenz. ISBN # 978-0-7385-4149-5 and LCCC # 2007925452 - All rights reserved

Santa Frank CT

Is it still possbile to sign the oath by proxy. The PDF staes return by October 10, 2010. Is there a new proxy PDF coming out?

Santa Jim T

Greetings Guys

I have been looking the documents in reference to the Santa Oath. I have noticed that most of the literature is time sensitive to last year in October. I have read the oath and agree with it, Do we now sign it and pass it along. How does it all work a little help would be great. Have a fine day

Blessings

Santa Jim T

Santa Rickey

Hi Michael Santa Rick here at the workshop it was mentioned a electronic signature for the Santa Oath. Is that up and running?

Santa Rick

Santa Lou M

Is it too late to take the Oath?

Legendary Santa Claus

We are setting the program in motion for Oath signing. It will take a couple days to set it up.

Santa Lou M

Thank you

Gateway Santa

Wondering about the status of the electronic signature for the Santa Claus Oath that was taken at the Jim Yellig Workshop.

I'd like to sign it before I add any Buttons or refer to it on my cards.

Thanks...

• Like 1

Legendary Santa Claus

Click here for the uploaded Santa Claus Oath Certificate.

I would suggest using a good quality paper for the best reproduction, making sure that the paper is geared towards your inkjet or lazier printer. A 24 lbs bright white works well for a finished copy. Make sure the PDF file loads all the way and it is at 100% size when you print.

Gateway Santa

Thanks Phil. The new certificate looks beautiful! It will proudly hang on the wall over Santas desk! :spinthanks:

Santa Brian of SC

My understanding is the Oath has been sealed as well. Will there be another chance to sign by proxy?

Michael Rielly

My understanding is the Oath has been sealed as well. Will there be another chance to sign by proxy?

Yes, the Santa Claus Oath BOOK that contains the original signatures has been sealed in the time capsule. However, you can still sign the proxy. See the first post in this thread HERE

Felix Estridge

The Santa Claus Oath proxy has been updated for signing beyond the encapsulation that took place in 2010. You can find the PDF file here. Open the file, print it, and then follow the instructions to sign it and send it to me at the address listed as the Santa Claus Oath Signatory Chairman.

You will need Adobe Reader installed to open and print the PDF file. Let me know if you have any questions.

Michele

I have yet to be able to do this and would love to get it done so I feel more official .but it is now 2013 .How do we get it done now ?

Felix Estridge

I have yet to be able to do this and would love to get it done so I feel more official .but it is now 2013 .How do we get it done now ?

Michele,

Open the file by clicking on the "here" link above in my post. Read it, print it, and follow the instructions that you read in the document.

Santa Chris Allen

I read it in front of my grandmother as my witness and I will be mailing it tomorrow

Wolfbear

will be mailing mine on Monday Feb 4th read in front of spouse

SantaJoe

I've mailed mine. So, glad to do so!

Wolfbear

Dumb question but need to ask; do I turn in both the signed Oath and Proxy or just the proxy sheet?

Felix Estridge

Dumb question but need to ask; do I turn in both the signed Oath and Proxy or just the proxy sheet?

The signed Oath is for you to keep and display as you wish. Just send the proxy page to me. This allows me to sign your name on one of the signature pages that will be included in the Oath book once it us unsealed again in 2035.

Wolfbear

Thank you for clarifying for me

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 85 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 29 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.