Elf Without Jingles

Easter Bunny Surpasses Santa Claus as Most Lovable Holiday Character

Legendary Santa Claus

Did you know that Easter Bunnies in the off season work at I-HOP?  And their favorite style of music is Hip-Hop...

:thumbsup:

• Like 6

Dutch Schrap

Santa isn't happy about this poll.

935ba0ae-93b0-4298-b985-b5d3105a7154_zps

• Like 3

Coudy Santa

Hmmm, makes me think a little. The just before Easter thing is real. The Easter Bunny is clearly a character and kids know this, they don't think the character is real. The bunny is non-judgmental, he/she doesn't keep a nice or naughty list. There is nothing like a basketful of candy with a chocolate Easter bunny to turn a kids head. I believe the survey, not so much the conclusions. The kids that come to see me at Santas Workshop at the North Pole NY are either really happy to see me or genuinely afraid, at leas until I warm them up' - Pete

Santa Dave

Did you know that Easter Bunnies in the off season work at I-HOP?  And their favorite style of music is Hip-Hop...

:thumbsup:

And when they get behind in their work they HOP TO IT.

Santa Bendron

I do want to point out it was only two percentage points, as well as being days before Easter. Also, there aren't any really loud voices denouncing the Easter Bunny as a symbol of the corruption and commercializing of a holiday the way some attempt to beat Santa over the head. The Easter Bunny is seen more as a candy-giving mascot, and since 90% (if not 99.999%) of the time, the Easter Bunny doesn't say or do anything other than pose for photos and hand out candy, so it is almost impossible for him to unintentionally cause controversy. (Also, few children send the Easter bunny wish lists that can total several hundred bucks worth of merchandise expecting to wake up with it in their Easter basket.)

Edited by Santa Bendron

John Johnson

And when they get behind in their work they HOP TO IT.

Most Easter Bunnies are very busy right now.  They miss their favorite shows.  So they love the HOPPER! 

Santa Dave

What does the Easter Bunny use to keep his feet warm? SNOW SHOES

Santa Bruce Geron

To clarify:

I do think that there is over saturation of Santa throughout the year. It is frustrating, I am to the point that I am very cautious about accepting off-season Santa appearances unless the charity or cause is presenting a definitely strong reason for Santa to visit outside of Advent/Christmas.

As for the poll, yes there are many highly respected firms that carry out polls, but polls are easily squewed. Especially at this time of the year. As a group, I believe we should be concerned how and when the image of Santa should be present and how Santa is presented.

For me this situation is very difficult to make a black and white judgment call. As a young child, I remember the Christmas Mummers coming and visiting our neighbourhood. Most of them where dressed as Santa, poorly I thought (even at age 5, I had definite ideas of how Santa looked - tells me why I am doing what I am doing now). But, in that group I believed the real Santa was with the crowd at the end of the line. Not because he was handing us gift stockings but because he had something special about who he was I can't explain it, but out of a group of 15-20 men, there was the one real Santa. I recognize that was over 40 years ago. I think we live in a more skeptical society, a society that is very concerned over security. I am one of these who 9/11 has changed how I travel and view strangers. I don't have an answer, but I does hurt me when I read about parents trying to explain to their children who are believers why is Santa here in June or why are all those people dressed as Santa. This poll is simply a means for a healthy discussion about off season presence.

Felix Estridge

Q: What are four hundred rabbits hopping backwards?

A: A receding hare line. 

• Like 1

Santa Dave

What is the Easter Bunnies nickname? Bugs. As in Bugs Bunny!!

Santa Dave

What is it called when a rabbit has a 1 night stand? Hare today gone tomorrow.

Kevin Fast

How do you catch a unique rabbit?

U-nique up on it.

Felix Estridge

What is the Easter Bunny's favorite kind of books?

The ones with a hoppy ending!

Santa Dave

What happened when the Easter Bunny hit his head on the door?

He got a hare line fracture.

Santa TJS

Elmer Fudd where are you when we need ya

Santa John Gable

I have to say it.  Maybe the key is that the Easter Bunny never opens his mouth.  :lol2:

• Like 3

NYSanta

Yes they do 

Yup - Figures lie and liars figure. 

Michael Rielly

gallery_5_44_4486.jpg

I don't know why I find this so funny. :)

• Like 3

Chris Capstone

gallery_5_44_4486.jpg

Because you are warped like me. 

Santa Castor

Okay, everybody now....

Here comes Peter Cottontail

Hopping down the bunny trail

Hippity hoppity Easter's on its way

He's got ....something something something

Something something something

Boy I love that Easter music playing on the radio!

Hope you all have a wonderful Resurrection Sunday

HE IS RISEN

SCSanta

gallery_5_44_4486.jpg

This is hysterical. My first smile of the day...thank you!

Santa Marty

Michael,

A classic cartoon, and a great smile producer.

Elf Without Jingles

Well, Elf w/o Jingles, this, once more, is what you get for opening up the proverbial can of worms. Knowing my fellow Kringles, I imagine nobody's gonna wanna hear "We're #2!" For the most part, I certainly don't. While I love the Easter jokes posted here as a result of the preceding excerpt, I do feel a tad silly. Santa Claus remains #1 for me --- and that's the way (uh huh, uh huh) I like it (uh huh, uh huh)!

[sorry, had to unleash my inner KC and the Sunshine Band there.] 

• Like 1

Santa Leonard

One of my fellow teachers showed me a picture of her 2 yr old with the Easter Bunny - kids cry at the Easter Bunny, too!

Michael Rielly

How can this surpass Santa?

16601_10152411115681803_4598080638311248

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 32 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.