Santa Rick of Memphis

'Strange Love:' Real-Life Santa Claus Looks For His Soulmate

Santa Rick of Memphis

'Strange Love:' Real-Life Santa Claus Looks For His Soulmate

ABC7.com Denver

EXCERPT:

On Wednesday night's new episode of "Strange Love," a real-life Santa Claus set out on a romantic mission to track down his very own Mrs. Claus. No, really. We're serious.

"I am the real-deal Santa Claus. I'm looking to find Mrs. Claus. Someone that can stand beside me, have a good time and live Christmas 365 days a year,"

Yup, Santa here is all Christmas, all the time in Roswell, Georgia. And he's had trouble finding a woman who will follow his traditions and stick to his strict moral code.

Kris Kringle will only court a lady who doesn't drink, smoke, cuss or watch R-rated movies. And she has to be willing to celebrate Christmas all year long. Now, is that so much to ask?!

Apparently not, because Santa ended up finding a pretty good contender when his friend set him up on a date with an old high school classmate.

Of course, Helene didn't recognize Santa when he met up with her for their first date.

But she ended up having a good time with him at the glass-blowing studio, even though she's been a little weary of flames ever since she was in a fire at age 13. And she happens to be Jewish too. As Santa himself would say...

"Holy reindeer droppings!" said Santa.

At the time of filming, though, Santa and Mrs. Claus, er, Helene, were an item.

SOURCE: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/newsy/strange-love-reallife-santa-claus-looks-for-his-soulmate

#

It seems the Santa from GA that was in the news about being asked to leave Disney World is in the news again. It appears he is looking for a Mrs. Claus. Hope he finds him a good one.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/newsy/strange-love-reallife-santa-claus-looks-for-his-soulmate

Edited by Michael Rielly
Edited for news format
  • Like 1

Santa Marty

This can't be a Georgia thing could it....................? 

LOL, I missed the episode last night.

Bestemor Claus

this is that Santa? how did you know? ( silly question-- Santas know everything)  am i the only one who finds this a little wierd ? looking for a spot on the Batchelor?

Gulf Coast Santa

The name of the show is Strange Love.I watched it.No comment.

Felix Estridge

The name of the show is Strange Love.I watched it.No comment.

What he said.  Yes...this is Thomas Tolbert.  The same one who went to Disney dressed in full Santa Casual, was asked to leave, and then contacted the media to garner publicity over it all.

Santa Leonard

I find this extremely weird as well.  It borderlines "creepy".

• Like 1

Santa TJS

Watched it ,pathetic and weird .

• Like 2

Michael Rielly

Roswell Georgia or Roswell New Mexico?

• Like 2

Glenn Johnson

Yes, he's from Georgia. NO, he is not representative of the majority of the rest of us here!

Gulf Coast Santa

I googled his name to find the Disney World story. I ran across a Time magazine article from 2013 that called him one of the top 11 Santas in the U.S..

Chris Capstone

Didn't see it but I heard about it. BARF!!!! Just what we need, another attention whore who is willing to make an a$$ of himself on TV and and provide a bad example of a Santa Claus actor for the general public to ridicule. :down:

Felix Estridge

Didn't see it but I heard about it. BARF!!!! Just what we need, another attention whore who is willing to make an a$$ of himself on TV and and provide a bad example of a Santa Claus actor for the general public to ridicule. :down:

On no...he is NOT an actor.  He said numerous times that he is "the full-on Santa Claus" and that he no longer goes by his birth name but uses either "Santa Claus" or "Kris Kringle."  He insists that even family members call him "Santa."  I think he has actually gone round the bend.

Santa Marty

My family & friends call me Santa, seems "normal".

Santa George

Some folks just want as much attention as they can get. Lonely people do desperate things. No comment on the top 11 Santa thing. At least they got the "strange" part correct.

Santa Caras

No "R" rated movies?? That in itself spells strange since most adult movies ( Im not talkin xxx here) but good movies for adults are mostly rated R. I watch a lot of PG13 with my grandchildren and while most of em are okay they are still childrens movies. Some people call me Santa just cuz I think they cant remember my name. Ive asked my wife not to introduce me as such as A:thats not who I am and B: Im only Santa when I have the suit on. Going to Disney as he did, the way he acted, and now lookin for love on TV is def not the type of person that should portray Santa. I find people like this that are going off the deepend mostly sad.

Michael Rielly

I googled his name to find the Disney World story. I ran across a Time magazine article from 2013 that called him one of the top 11 Santas in the U.S..

I guess that makes me one of the Top 7 Santas in the world!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/18/living/santa-claus-profile/

pfft!

• Like 3

Santa TJS

Curious how this guy supports himself, no mention of work, looks too young to be retired. He has a very upscale home pictured in the TV show. I don't think his Santa work supports him.

Elf Without Jingles

I have just now contacted Thomas Tolbert to wish him and his beloved Helene a long, happy life. I admit it, I've always been a fan of weddings. Oh sure, you might grumble at the man now, but as long as he's happy, it's not my place to grumble.

(By the way, welcome to Elf Without Jingles' Post #3800 here at ClausNET. These here milestones pop up when you least expect them; and I trust you'll be able to check out a whole lot more of 'em when the time comes --- and, as I previously typed herein, I hope I make it to 4000 posts. I imagine we'll be well into Christmas 2015 by the time that happens, huh? Ho-ho-ho!) 

Chris Capstone

Hahaha! The "best" according to Tim C. and Susan M. Both of whom own and operate booking agencies for almost exclusively RBS Santas! Riiiiight! They are definitely unbiased. :whistling: And some dude with Santa America? Wow, many of us tried to join SA and they don't even return emails. I'm wondering if the organization is defunct.

Typical media BS about the "best" this and the "best" that. Anyone who cites an article like that as "proof" of their claims to greatness has already violated two of the most important aspects of our work: anonymity and humility.

• Like 4

Chris Capstone

I have just now contacted Thomas Tolbert to wish him and his beloved Helene a long, happy life. I admit it, I've always been a fan of weddings. Oh sure, you might grumble at the man now, but as long as he's happy, it's not my place to grumble.

(By the way, welcome to Elf Without Jingles' Post #3800 here at ClausNET. These here milestones pop up when you least expect them; and I trust you'll be able to check out a whole lot more of 'em when the time comes --- and, as I previously typed herein, I hope I make it to 4000 posts. I imagine we'll be well into Christmas 2015 by the time that happens, huh? Ho-ho-ho!) 

Hey Richard, if you attend the wedding please give TT a kiss for Felix!   :santa_cheesy:

Santa Marty

Michael,

I had never seen that article before, and it turned my morning coffee time into brunch!

How wonderful to read a Claus story that actually is not looking for the bad side of topics.

Thank you.

Edited by Santa Marty
  • Like 2

Elf Without Jingles

Hey Richard, if you attend the wedding please give Thomas Tolbert a kiss for Felix!   :santa_cheesy:

Love to, Chris, but unfortunately, I'm already booked. Remember, as Elf w/o Jingles, I need to stick to the responsibilities I got here. I'm more content to see the wedding photos, though.

Carlo Klemm

Unless you are a regular Facebook user on Santa pages, you have no idea of this person. 

I wouldn't even give this story time, 

Maybe there is a reason why one of the top 10 Santas isn't even on Clausnet. 

Allan Siu

You know, it would make for some good reality television if he started a famous attention seeker by the name of Kris Jenner....