Sign in to follow this  
Elf Hermey

Trump Brings Chaos to the War on Christmas

Elf Hermey

Can we put politics aside for one minute during this election year and just talk about how good Donald Trump has been for the War on Christmas?

You see, the war on Christmas has been dead for a few years. Oh, we’ve had the occasional snarky atheist billboard and you can’t put anything Christmas on a Texas courthouse lawn anymore.

But eight years of the Obamas singing Christmas carols on the White House lawn has pretty much made a mockery of what the War on Christmas used to be.

Now Donald Trump is here and the War on Christmas has new life. The Donald says the war is not over and whether that’s an alternative reality or not doesn’t matter. We’re just glad to see it is back with such…style.

In the months that have passed with Trump canvassing America to get the Republican nomination he has mentioned Christmas several times. He’s talked about how Macy’s won’t use the word Christmas in their stores or advertisements (they do). He’s talked how “my Jews” used to say “Merry Christmas” (by all accounts, they still do). And today, his son Eric claims Donald Trump is running for president because “he sees the tree on the White House lawn has been renamed ‘Holiday tree’ instead of ‘Christmas tree”.

Um…Eric…buddy…that big tree on the White House lawn is called the National Christmas Tree. Of course, the trees inside the White House — and there are several — are called “holiday trees” by the Obama administration and have been the whole time. So you got part of it right.

Let’s hope that the Trumps don’t realize that the word “holiday” is not a dirty word. Oh, we’re all for Christmas and use it ourselves all the time. Make no mistake. Christmas is the only word we need. But let’s not disparage the word “holiday”. After all, it means “holy day”. Someone needs to shoot a memo to Donald about this.

If Trump wins the White House he’s going to say “Christmas” almost as much as he says “China”. When he lights the National Christmas Tree it’s going to be HUGE. Heck, he will probably even sing.

Saturday Night Live couldn’t do more for the War on Christmas than Trump is right now.

And we, for one, are glad. It was boring. Now the War on Christmas is back and better than ever.

View the full article

Santa Norm

Yes, put politics aside, this doesn't do that.

• Like 1

Santa Ed K

Let's make Christmas great again.

Wait, it always has been.

Niceville Santa

Merry Christmas to one and all!

• Like 1

Santa Gordon

I am sorry to see a satire piece from Saturday Night Live has started political comment here now. 

Not against political discussion per-see but would prefer to see it generated by solid position or fact than a satire piece stirring the pot.  

Of course that is simply my take on it, if going at it over satire is what floats your sleigh, May your season be Joyous.

Cedar Park Santa Bob
4 hours ago, Elf Hermey said:

Can we put politics aside for one minute ....

... and i wish you had stopped there.  i really do ... though time periods longer than a minute are welcome.

Edited by Cedar Park Santa Bob
  • Like 1

Santa Bob Ford

Politics aside... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!12573082_1130570123627483_6417114168499170721_n.jpg

• Like 1

Santa Ron Lane

This country was founded on God and country by men that were mostly Christians! It is us that have turned away from our roots and look at the direction our country is going. We need to turn back to Him and what better way than to celebrate Christmas like we did 50 years ago! Decorate more this year, put lights outside to show that you are celebrating Christmas, donate toys to Toys for Tots, help the needy, wish people a Merry Christmas with a smile and swap presents with family and friends. We always say the reason we exchange presents at Christmas is to remember the Greatest Gift of all and that is God's gift to the whole world, His Son Jesus!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 32 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.