7th Annual Northwest Santa Worklshop

Trever

It's hard to believe that NORPAC SANTAS will be hosting our 7th Annual Northwest Santa Workshop  at Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound,WA on November 4th & 5th with early arrival and check in on the 3rd. We will be gathering together for a fun weekend of networking, learning and kinship among our fellow brothers and sisters in red and green. Yes, I said green! If you've attended one of our workshops, you know The Grinch  himself always makes an appearance. We will be having panel discussions on Scheduling and Booking Agents & Business Organization. Guest Speaker Dr. Shawna Purcell on helping Santa & Mrs Claus stay healthy. Also, Christmas Karaoke with Santa Ramsey Cowlinshaw, Santa Olympics and Fun Entertainment with Danny Vernon's "Illusion Of Elvis" show. And as always, the now infamous Santa Bucket Dump in the water park area of Great Wolf Lodge. If you'll be in the area and would like to join us, there's still time to register and book a room at GWL. Although, staying at GWL is not a requirement of attending the workshop. 

You can get all the info at www.norpac-santas.org

IMG_7338 (1).JPG

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2016 at 7:30 PM, Santa Marty said:

santa-thumbs-up.jpg

Wish you could join us this weekend Marty!!

Oh, me too!  

Its not like I am sitting around and doing nothing!

But still, what an absolute spotted owl hoot it would be to be there with my many PNW Santa brothers and friends.  Friends like you, Trever, Gene, Jerry and others.

Please pass on my Aloha to all.

Have a fun and safe weekend at the lodge.

Have fun!

And send best wishes and prayers to Scott as he recovers.

Great Wolf Lodge.  You should check this place out!

img_5948_w640.jpeg

I thought I had posted here?  Did my comment get erased or did the Grinch take it away?  Anyway, I wish I could go but finances dictate otherwise!  I am hoping to next year!

Santa Marsh,

Are you a member to the NORPAC Santa Group?  If not you really should consider it, they are a really great group of people.

(if I lived in Washington, I would be there!)

I am relatively new to Claus Net!  I would have loved to be at the convention this weekend but finances dictate that I work overtime this weekend!  But Trever, I would like to be in touch with you after the holidays and join Norpac Santas.  As for my past Santa experience, many years ago, I was Santa at a nursing home.  The past two seasons, I was Santa at a food bank and will do that this year!  But next year I would like to do it more and be good at it!  So I hope to network with some Santas in 2017!  I hope you all have a blast this weekend!  Wow!  Here is what I thought I had posted!  Silly me, I was doing this on my phone and forgot to press the submit button.  Or didn't press it hard enough!

1 hour ago, Santa Marty said:

Santa Marsh,

Are you a member to the NORPAC Santa Group?  If not you really should consider it, they are a really great group of people.

(if I lived in Washington, I would be there!)

I do plan on joining!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 94 replies
Ă—
Ă—