Sign in to follow this  
StNickPDX

BBC Journalist Makes Outrageous Santa Claus Claim, Then Apologizes For ‘Fake News’

StNickPDX    94
StNickPDX

BBC Journalist Makes Outrageous Santa Claus Claim, Then Apologizes For ‘Fake News’

By Lee Moran, Huffington Post, 02/16/2017

Santa Claus is certain to put BBC journalist Nick Robinson on his naughty list this Christmas.

The BBC Radio 4 “Today” program presenter stunned listeners during Thursday morning’s broadcast by suggesting that the jolly gift-giver doesn’t actually exist.

“It’s like learning Father Christmas isn’t real for the first time, isn’t it? I’m still in shock,” Robinson said during a discussion about the station’s long-running drama “The Archers.”...

To Read More Click Here:  Source

• Like 1

Santa Johnny Boy    938
Santa Johnny Boy

Maybe he never got the toys he really wanted for Christmas...

• Like 1

Elf Without Jingles    1,511
Elf Without Jingles

Y'know what? Enough already with the references to 'fake news'! Before 2017 is out, this whole 'fake news' thing will find its way to Bakken and the World Santa Claus Congress; and they were gonna have a nice 60th Anniversary Bash in July. But noooooooooooo!!! Those media morons didn't wanna leave it alone; now, by this Christmas, we'll all be muttering about 'fake news'. 

• Like 2

Santa Robin Z    36
Santa Robin Z

News is fake? :o  (Just kidding)

Edited by Santa Robin Z
  • Like 1

SantaMikeUK    395
SantaMikeUK

Whilst this is a little different, anyone who still believes that the BBC is unbiased and impartial is living in a dream world. It is sad, but very true that the BBC has an agenda these days, and has done for around 2 decades. They spin their stories like everyone else now.

• Like 1

Santa Johnny Boy    938
Santa Johnny Boy
14 hours ago, SantaMikeUK said:

Whilst this is a little different, anyone who still believes that the BBC is unbiased and impartial is living in a dream world. It is sad, but very true that the BBC has an agenda these days, and has done for around 2 decades. They spin their stories like everyone else now.

Hey Santa Mike, don't dispare,  it's like that in THIS country, too!

• Like 1

mach1marty    51
mach1marty

I get my news from the newspaper, and it's not fake at all....

Blondie and Dagwood are still married, Dennis is always a menace, Beetle Baily is still lazy.....

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Carlo Klemm
      By Carlo Klemm
      Capitol Christmas Tree to Tour Northwest Montana
      September 16, 2017
      By Patrick Reilly -  Daily Inter Lake

Excerpt: - As lawmakers, dignitaries, journalists and tourists make their way to the U.S. Capitol this December, they’ll all pass a tree from Kootenai National Forest.
      The forest has been chosen to provide this year’s Capitol Christmas Tree. On Friday, the Forest Service announced dates and locations for the U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree Tour.
      Since 1970, the “People’s Tree” has been plucked from national forests and other protected areas around the country. Kootenai has had this honor once before, sending an Engelmann Spruce to the nation’s capital in 1989. The only other Montana forest to provide the tree has been Bitterroot, which sent a sub alpine fir in 2008.
      This year’s not-yet-selected evergreen will be cut Nov. 8. Kootenai National Forest, with support from nonprofit Choose Outdoors and various state and national corporations, will then send it on a 3,000-mile cross-country journey.

SOURCE:
    • Carlo Klemm
      By Carlo Klemm

'Holiday Express' train coming to 3 Arkansas towns before Christmas
      September 15, 2017
      by Brandon Riddle - Arkansas Online

Excerpt - Santa Claus is coming to three Arkansas towns around Christmastime aboard the festively adorned Holiday Express as part of a multi-state route.
      The route includes a stop Dec. 6 in Ashdown at Main Street and U.S. 71, another Dec. 7 in Mena at 524 Sherwood Ave. and a final Arkansas visit Dec. 10 in Siloam Springs on Jefferson Street. The stops are set for 4 p.m. each day.

The six-car train affiliated with Kansas City Southern allows guests of all ages to board three cars that are filled with holiday displays, according to a statement Wednesday.

The Kansas City Southern Holiday Express was created in 2001 when volunteers transformed a retired freight train into the Christmastime spectacle for use in the company’s service territory.
      Twenty-two communities in six states are part of this year’s schedule.
      Over its 16-year tenure, the project has raised more than $1 million for gift cards that are then donated to The Salvation Army at each scheduled stop.

SOURCE:

• Carlo Klemm
      By Carlo Klemm
      U.S. Christmas Carols set of four to be issued Oct. 5 at ASDA show in New York City
      September 14, 2017
      By Michael Baadke - Linn's Stamp NBews

Excerpt:- The United States Postal Service will issue a four-stamp set celebrating popular Christmas carols on the opening day of the American Stamp Dealer Association’s Fall Postage Stamp Show in New York City.
      The nondenominated (49¢) forever stamps each depict a scene and a phrase evoking one of four Christmas songs: Deck the Halls, Silent Night, Jingle Bells, and Jolly Old Saint Nicholas.

The issue date is the first day of the ASDA Fall Postage Stamp Show, taking place at the hotel Oct. 5-7. Admission to the show and the Thursday first-day ceremony is free.
      Among those participating in the ceremony will be USPS director of Stamp Services Mary-Anne Penner, USPS brand marketing executive director Christopher Karpenko, and American Philatelist editor Jay Bigalke, who is leaving the American Philatelic Society staff in October to begin work as Linn’s Stamp News editor-in-chief.
      The four stamps in the new set feature original artwork by Steve McCracken, whose previous stamp projects include the 1993 Circus set of four 29¢ stamps (Scott 2750-2753), the 44¢ Snowboarder stamp for the 2010 Olympic Winter Games (4436), and the 34¢ Community Colleges stamped envelope issued in 2001 (U648).

SOURCE: 

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
      • 4 replies
    • Our featured member this month joined the ClausNet Community back in 2015. Since then he has been an active contributor. Santa Tom, AKA Schwindy, has been portraying Santa Claus since 1998.
      • 32 replies
    • We've officially kicked off our annual Ornament and Christmas Card Exchange!

Each year many of the members here participate in these annual events. Our Christmas Card Mailing and Christmas Ornament Exchange events have become a much anticipated ClausNet tradition! Feel free to sign up for one or both!
      • 10 replies
    • Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.

What got my goat was his choice of accompanied text, “Finally got a little recognition…”.  Let me say that his post was all in jest, I am certain.  This man is one of the kindest, gentlest, giving souls you will come across.  I love him as a brother.  Yet his unintended incursion on the spirit of the Claus legend got me more than a little flustered. And I know it would be last thing he would want anyone to get from this posting.

If you are in this to seek recognition, get out.  Plain and simple.  It’s the last thing that the real Santa Claus would have wanted.  It’s the antithesis of St. Nicholas, for whom Santa is mostly based.
        • Love
      • 9 replies
    • Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
      • 0 replies
    • How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 84 replies
    • Hello everyone and welcome back!

We have upgraded the site with a host of new features and enhancements. It may be strange at first, but don't fret! Feel free to click on whatever you find. You may stumble across a new feature or two.

I am still fiddling around with some settings, so you may come across some bits I haven't turned on yet. But feel free to post your questions and issuers here!

Enjoy!
      • 46 replies
    • In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 17 replies
    • We are happy to announce our ClausNet Featured Member of the month for August 2017 is Santa Mike IN!
      • 23 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
      • 95 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2017 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.