Welcome to ClausNet

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Second Annual Donation Drive

It is that time of year again! It is time once again for the Second Annual Donation Drive for ClausNet. Learn more...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elf Without Jingles

Santa and More Than 300 Santa's Helpers in Gatlinburg for Santa Family Reunion

7 posts in this topic

Santa and More Than 300 Santa's Helpers in Gatlinburg for Santa Family Reunion

from Sevier, Tennessee News-Messenger | Posted: 03-17-2017

EXCERPT:

GATLINBURG, TENNESSEE --- A Parade of Santas and other events will be held at the Santa Claus Family Reunion in Gatlinburg this weekend.

Santa Claus is coming from the North, from the South, from the East and from the West. But how can this be? Everyone knows that the real spirit of Santa Claus resides at the North Pole, but now through this Monday, Santa will hang his hat in Gatlinburg! More than 300 of Santa's Helpers will be heading to the Gatlinburg Convention Center for the Santa Claus Family Reunion. The event is the largest gathering of its kind in the Southeastern United States.

Many unique events are on the agenda, including special workshops on Santa and Mrs. Claus, an industry trade show filled with Santa-related items, and even a fashion show! Santas will also compete to see which has the fastest sleigh as they barrel down the mountain for snow tubing at Ober Gatlinburg. The whole weekend is full of fun and informative activities! And of course, what would a Santa Convnetion be without a Grand Parade: The Parade of Santas! Everybody loves a parade, and it stepped off this morning at 10:30 a.m. with a procession that included hundreds of Santas, Mrs. Clauses, and various local units from the surrounding area. There was also a rumor that the REAL Santa was expected to attend! Children of all ages had a fabulous time enjoying all the atmosphere and the Christmas cheer as the Parade jingled down the street.

The Santa Family Reunion was produced and coordinated by Team Leaders Sherri Heath from Michigan and Debra Ann Gabrelcik from Minnesota. Both ladies have been active in the greater Santa and Mrs. Claus community for many years. Together with their Team Members, they made this Reunion one VERY JOLLY EVENT!

SOURCE:

1 person likes this

Wish I could have gone but alas finances.

Finances would have been my excuse too... but my wife got there first, and asked me to go to Arlington National Cemetery with her for the anniversary of her grandmother's passing.

I'm waiting for something that will fit into my school schedule and that won't break the bank.  I loved going to the Jim Yellig Workshop in Indiana and running down to Branson for IUSC a few ears ago.  

Hope somebody posts some photos!

1 person likes this

Hopefully y'all have a safe trip home.

So many photos and videos came out of the Santa Family Reunion that it was literally impossible for even the KringleQuest Group on Facebook to share each and every one. Please visit the Facebook presences of those who did make the journey, and congratulations and best wishes to all who took part!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0