Welcome to ClausNet

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elf Without Jingles

Ed Asner playing St. Nick again in 'The Santa Files'

22 posts in this topic

by Sharon Knolle, Moviefone.com | Posted: 04-07-2017

EXCERPT:

LOS ANGELES --- Santa! Buddy the Elf is gonna be so excited that Ed Asner is gonna play Santa Claus again!

The veteran actor will once again portray the Jolly Old Elf in the upcoming family film, "The Santa Files," in which a group of children go in search of the red-suited icon, reports Deadline. Principal photography begins this month in Providence, Rhode Island.

Asner most memorably played Santa (the REAL Santa, not one of those department store phonies!) in the 2003 comedy "Elf." He reprised the role for its hour-long animated sequel, "Elf: Buddy's Musical Christmas."

He also played Papa Noel in a 2013 TV-movie, "Christmas on the Bayou." And will you look at all the Christmas-themed credits on Ed's resume: "The Man Who Saved Christmas," "National Lampoon' Christmas Vacation 2," "Home Alone: The Holiday Heist," "Christmas is Here Again," "The Christmas Card," "A Christmas Carol," "O Christmas Tree," Snowden's Christmas," "Olive, the Other Reindeer," "The Story of Santa Claus," "Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus" and "The Christmas Star." (Whew!)

SOURCE:   

5 people like this

Filming here in Rhode Island!

2 people like this

Ed Asner could possibly be a good candidate for the Santa Claus Hall of Fame,  and Mike can deliver him the good news right on set.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Elf Without Jingles said:

And Thanks to our news reporter WHO'S ON VACATIONS NONE THE LESS!!

But when breaking news happens did ANY OF US think he wouldn't report it to us!?!

NOT FOR A MINUTE! NEVER did I think he'd be gone too long! :sc_hands:  :thumbup:  :yahoo:

Thanks Richard! If you wouldn't have wrote this, I would have missed it for sure!

2 people like this

Great news

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

Ed Asner could possibly be a good candidate for the Santa Claus Hall of Fame,  and Mike can deliver him the good news right on set.

He is already a member, added last year in Branson at Discover Santa

1 person likes this

Now really --- did you honestly think I wouldn't not stick around? Besides, there was just too much happening before I could so much as take a break. In fact, I got even more for ya......

2 people like this

Too bad he didn't make it to Branson to accept in person, and too bad it doesn't mention that in the article. You would think being in the Santa Claus Hall of Fame would be worth a mention when you're talking about all his Santa credits.

4 people like this

3 hours ago, Florida Kris Kringle said:

Too bad he didn't make it to Branson to accept in person, and too bad it doesn't mention that in the article. You would think being in the Santa Claus Hall of Fame would be worth a mention when you're talking about all his Santa credits.

Being assigned to chauffeur Mr. Asner from the airport (115 miles away) to Branson I was disappointed when he didn't show.

I got the call! I will be on location tomorrow and Wednesday. Ed Asner is supposed to be on the set.

4 people like this

4 minutes ago, Michael Rielly said:

I got the call! I will be on location tomorrow and Wednesday. Ed Asner is supposed to be on the set.

Whoop whoop!!

1 person likes this

So cool!

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

Lucky YOU!

6 hours ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

So cool!

Ditto!

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

Beautiful! I only wish there were more Clausian entertainment programming on television that could allow us to cover Santa gigs and events from everywhere! 

2 people like this

I just Googled "The Santa Files" ----  and I just had a peek at the plot! Check it out:

"The story of a bunch of outcast kids, repeatedly bullied for believing in Santa. Despite ridicule from their peers, the kids diligently conduct interviews, gather on-the-spot evidence, etc. .... essentially to prove that Santa is for real."

Didn't I see this plot two years ago? Nickelodeon did a movie that told this same story --- only, that version was called "Santa Hunters."

2 people like this

Here are a couple of pictures from the set yesterday.

I am close up in several of the scenes. I am sure most will be cut, but it was still fun.

Ed Asner was moving pretty slow. He had a stunt double for many of the scenes we filmed. The scenes we filmed will involve a lot of special effects.

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2280.JPG

IMG_2277.JPG

1 person likes this

Well! All I can say is --- Wow!

1 person likes this

A strap beard with an attached mustache, really for a movie!

1 minute ago, Santa TJS said:

A strap beard with an attached mustache, really for a movie!

They told us there will be a lot of CG in this movie. I am hoping that the beard will be "enhanced" somehow in post production. The stunt double looked very different than Mr. Asner.

I, too, had a feeling that there was gonna be plenty of digital effects in post-production. After you watch(ed) all of Lucasfilm's making-of documentaries, especially Robert Guennette's SPFX: The Empire Strikes Back, you were eager to find out what they were gonna do if Industrial Light and Magic were gonna make a new Christmas movie in that way.

1 person likes this

Ol' Ed is looking pretty tired.  Kind of like me after a long season. :sc_sleep:

2 people like this

Any update on day two of the filming?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2017 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.