Reindeer Food (3 recipes), to keeping them happy & flying!

Holly Claus

Hello to Mrs. Claus' Everywhere,

I found a website that has great recipes for making Reindeer Food. These recipes are easy, and fun to teach children to do. 

Without further ado, here they are: 

Check out these simple recipes below to make your very own magic reindeer food. 

Magic Reindeer food poem:

Sprinkle on your lawn Christmas Eve night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
Santa’s reindeer fly and roam
This will help them find your home.

Magic Reindeer Food Recipe 1

ingredients: 1 cup cereal flakes, 1/4 cup raisins, 1/4 cups nuts, 4 tablespoons green sugar, 4 tablespoons red sugar

(add food coloring to make colored sugar, it’s cheaper than buying the different colors)

Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a bowl

Step 2: Store in a zip-lock bag

Step 3: Spread on your lawn Christmas Eve or place in a cup next to Santa’s cookies. Write a note for Santa so he knows it’s for his reindeer

***************************************************************************************************************************

Magic Reindeer Food Recipe 2

Ingredients: 1 cup rolled oats or dried oatmeal,2 teaspoons cinnamon, 4 tablespoons red sugar, 4 tablespoons green sugar

Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.

Step 2: Store in a zip-loc bag

Step 3: Spread on your lawn Christmas Eve or place in a cup next to Santa’s cookies. Write a note for Santa so he knows it’s for his reindeer.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Magic Reindeer Food Recipe 3

Ingredients:  1 cup bran cereal, 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup shredded coconut

Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a bowl

Step 2:  Store in a zip-lock bag

Step 3: Spread on your lawn Christmas Eve or place in a cup next to Santa’s cookies.  Write a note for Santa so he knows it’s for his reindeer.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Here is a recipe below, that uses some of the above ingredients, to make "reindeer" treats to keep in the fridge, for the 2-legged Reindeer, lol.

Reindeer Snacks

Ingredients: 2 cups of Magic Reindeer Food Recipe 3, 1/2 cup peanut butter, small pretzel shape pretzels, M&M’s or small circular candy

Step 1: Pour 2 cups of the magic reindeer food recipe 3 in a bowl.

Step 2: Add in 1/2 cup of peanut butter.  Mix well.

Step 3: Place mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.  The mixture will harden a little bit.

Step 4: Take a spoonful of the mixture and roll it into a ball.  This will be the reindeer’s head.

Step 5: Use the M&M’s to make the eyes and nose.  You can use red M&M’s to make Rudolph.

Step 6: Place 1 pretzel on each side of the reindeer’s head to make the antlers.  

Step 7: Keep your reindeer snacks in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them.

******************************************************************************************

Here is the source website for all the recipes I included above. 

http://www.kidsplayandcreate.com/how-to-make-magic-reindeer-food-for-santas-reindeer/

Enjoy!!!

Holly Claus (Rev Kim).

• Management

Sounds a lot yummier than lichen...

Reindeer_Moss_(3145264334).jpg

Holly Says:  "When was the last time you had any Lichen ??"

Last year, when the children would ask myself, or Kev about where the Reindeer were, I would answer that they were at the North Pole, filling up on Sugar Plums, to give them energy for their nights' ride.  That would usually satisfy them for a moment or two (lol). Kris Kringle Kevin would tell them, that the Reindeer only go out on Christmas Eve, so Santa was relying on "wheeled transportation" until then.  

That lichen picture reminded me of my old model railroading days.  Boy, did I use that stuff for scenery!

I've seen a lot of kids and parents use reindeer food.  I think it's pretty cute.  Many children make sure I know their plans for having a snack for the reindeer on Christmas Eve.

• Management

I usually explain to kids that the treats they leave are just that, treats. And that reindeer eat lichen -- specifically "reindeer lichen". Here in the Northeast lichen grows on tree branches. It makes for some great story telling!

Side Story ...

Mrs Claus is asked "What is Santa's favorite cookie?"

Chocolate Chip, but if a Sugar Cookie -- please use Green Sprinkles, that way they brush away!

Red Sprinkles blend into the Suit and the Reindeer keep nudging his Suit and Pant Legs!!

That Answer makes Kids and Parents chuckle!

:129:

Archived