ImSanta

Video Discussion: Santa is Not Just for Christmas Anymore.

ImSanta

Name: Santa is Not Just for Christmas Anymore.
Category: Member Videos
Date Added: 2017-08-03
Submitter: ImSanta

We are all very busy in December, but what about the rest of the year? Here's my recent effort to help promote some Summer Santa activities.

Santa Dan Greenleaf

ImSanta.Org

santa@ImSanta.org

Santa is Not Just for Christmas Anymore.

• Like 5

Santa Johnny Boy

This is absolutely cool!  Great video and I love your marketing.

Don't be surprised if a few haters reply,  but don't let 'em get you down either!

• Like 3

Santa Warren

Not a hater, but someone that just does not think Santa needs to  be everywhere.  Santa is Christmas,  maybe even Christmas in July., but I wish you the best of luck with it.

If someone disagrees, does that mean they are a hater 

• Like 2

Santa Marty

Santa promotion is an on going project, if you wait until after Thanksgiving...... well quite frankly, it is too late.

• Like 5

Schwindy
14 hours ago, ImSanta said:

videothumb_1501781946.thumb.png.33c93a4ec913ccb66a03403655ca1179.png

Name: Santa is Not Just for Christmas Anymore.
Category: Member Videos
Date Added: 2017-08-03
Submitter: ImSanta
Santa is Not Just for Christmas Anymore.

Good 4 U! I hope it works for you as well as turns out to be a positive massage as well as positive income for you.  

13 hours ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

Don't be surprised if a few haters reply,  but don't let 'em get you down either!

It's the out of the box type of thing we don't see everyday and I agree to .........
It makes one think WHAT ELSE .......

12 hours ago, Santa Warren said:

Not a hater, but someone that just does not think Santa needs to  be everywhere.  Santa is Christmas,  maybe even Christmas in July., but I wish you the best of luck with it.

Hater's DON'T WISH someone well or in your words "Best of Luck! Your just someone who disagrees, I see NO hate in that at all.

9 hours ago, Santa Marty said:

Santa promotion is an on going project, if you wait until after Thanksgiving...... well quite frankly, it is too late.

Agree with you Marty

As an Amateur Santa Claus, when I see out of the box and or different styles or different approaches to ones Santa Portrayal. I'll watch and try to learn that personal style and see what they do differently then I. From that point of viewing I will also see things that I agree with and things I don't. I call this learning as well as seeing WHAT ELSE don't I do or what else could I do, or NO WAY would or could I do that. Thank you Dan for sharing! I LOVE the green shorts as well as the candy cane socks!!!!!  

• Like 4

Santa Bruce Geron

I've done a few off-season promotions. I was very surprised at one event - October Fire Prevention Month at a local firehouse, a young believer was very surprised to see me there in October. I explained to her that even Santa needs to know about fire safety. When it comes down to it, it depends how the event is planned and your entrance is set-up.

• Like 5

Felix Estridge
21 hours ago, Santa Marty said:

I am going to take a hard line against this.  Promoting Santa for appearances related to a Christmas-related event is one thing.  But saying that Santa is not just for Christmas anymore is wrong, in my firm opinion.  It is this type of approach that ruins the magic and mystery of the legend that is St. Nicholas.

• Like 7

ImSanta
On 8/3/2017 at 3:04 PM, Santa Johnny Boy said:

Thank you. Since we often get requests for off-season activities, it was time to take a more proactive approach to that opportunity. 

I know there are some who have a very different attitude about what & where Santa should be. They are entitled to observe Santa in their way. I in mine.  

• Like 1

ImSanta
On 8/3/2017 at 3:34 PM, Santa Warren said:

We can agree to disagree amicably. As a RBS, I'm seen as Santa 24-7, 12 months of the year whether I want to be or not. Doesn't matter how I dress or what I'm doing, we get approached regularly throughout the year from folks wanting pictures, sharing stories or joking about not getting a gift they wanted as a child. 

I don't understand why the magic of Santa and the spirit of giving isn't appropriate year round. Why shouldn't we Santa be able to enjoy the joy of love and wonder everyday of the year? I take too much pleasure in it to just limit it to a few weeks every year.

• Like 2

ImSanta

Amen to that. Right now I'm sending out contracts and responding to requests from new prospects for Santa visits this year. And every year it gets earlier. We hold dates for past clients, but we have to get commitments early since new folks are clamoring for those dates. A few years ago, it was September. Then we started getting requests in August. Now it's June and early there are coming in from both new and past clients. I've decided Halfway to Christmas (June 25) marks the beginning of the Santa season now.

• Like 1

ImSanta
29 minutes ago, Felix Estridge said:

I am going to take a hard line against this.  Promoting Santa for appearances related to a Christmas-related event is one thing.  But saying that Santa is not just for Christmas anymore is wrong, in my firm opinion.  It is this type of approach that ruins the magic and mystery of the legend that is St. Nicholas.

How exactly are we ruining the magic and legend of Christmas by spreading joy and his spirit year round? To you, Santa should only be present in December. As a RBS, we have no choice of being recognised as Santa no matter how we dress or what we are doing. Whether you like it or not, people enjoy interacting with Santa all year long in all types of settings. If anything, I think our off-season activities actually enhance the legend, spirit and magic of Santa. 

You are entitled to celebrate Santa as you wish. Why am I not entitled to do the same?

Edited by ImSanta
  • Like 2

ImSanta
11 hours ago, Schwindy said:

As an Amateur Santa Claus, when I see out of the box and or different styles or different approaches to ones Santa Portrayal. I'll watch and try to learn that personal style and see what they do differently then I. From that point of viewing I will also see things that I agree with and things I don't. I call this learning as well as seeing WHAT ELSE don't I do or what else could I do, or NO WAY would or could I do that. Thank you Dan for sharing! I LOVE the green shorts as well as the candy cane socks!!!!!  

Your appreciation of looking at different points of view as a learning experience is refreshing. The lack of respect for others' points of view or another way of looking at something is so absent in today's society. Today it's My Way or the Highway! 

The event this was shot at was a Halfway to Christmas, Spirit of Giving event at a local college-aged, wooden bat league baseball game. Members of the New England Santa Society were on hand to meet with the children and adults, do activities and entertain. We were all in summer Santa dress. In my case it was green knickers, candy cane socks, Converse hitops, Hawaiian shirt and alternative Santa hat. 

I decided for the grand arrival by helicopter, I should wear the traditional coat and hat so it was clear who was arriving. Since it was in the 90s, the coat came off at the first opportunity. As you can see in the video Santa was well received and we all had a great time.

• Like 2

Santa Marty

Since I mentioned Thanksgiving, I was referring to a Winter event, could even be for Christmas!

Santa Marty

Gentlemen,

You can look like Santa year round, you don't have to act like Santa all year.  It is a choice, a choice each of us makes.  And yes, this is more difficult for a naturally bearded individual.  Some, not all, have just chosen to take the position... Well, I look like Santa everyday, I might as well be Santa everyday.   If Santa is "seen" day in and day out, the "specialness" of Santa will be dissipated, diluted, and become ordinary.  In my opinion, Santa is not ordinary, not at all, Santa is SPECIAL. 

I may appear to look like I might be Santa most of the year.... for children, if I am asked, I will tell them that I am NOT Santa.  My engagement usually goes along the lines of "no, I am not Santa but, wouldn't having a job like Santa's be great?"  

Personally, I don't mind it one bit if I happen to be in a department store or any other store for that matter, and a child having "one of those moments" (tantrum or semi tantrum / I want this or that) and just my appearance.... not saying a word... I observe a distinct behavioral modification.  I happen to enjoy the smile I receive from a parent or guardian once I am noticed.

If I am hired to be Santa off season, I portray myself as Santa.  I don't walk around day after day in Santa Casual, but I will for Santa related events, meetings etc.  

Again, this is just my opinion and merely an expression of my thoughts, I have not been appointed, nor elected to be the Santa Sheriff.    

• Like 11

Felix Estridge
2 hours ago, ImSanta said:

How exactly are we ruining the magic and legend of Christmas by spreading joy and his spirit year round? To you, Santa should only be present in December. As a RBS, we have no choice of being recognised as Santa no matter how we dress or what we are doing. Whether you like it or not, people enjoy interacting with Santa all year long in all types of settings. If anything, I think our off-season activities actually enhance the legend, spirit and magic of Santa. 

You are entitled to celebrate Santa as you wish. Why am I not entitled to do the same?

No one said you weren't entitled.  The fact that you think you are entitled says a lot, though.  Its the consequences of your choice to do so that I was speaking to.

Protect the legend.

• Like 4

Chris Capstone

Put me down as a "hater.":santa_tongue:

• Like 1

TexasSanta

There are times when we all slip into Santa mode, whatever time of year it is. Some here have Patriotic Santa Suits. Others appear in Summer Parades.

I will not castigate someone for where or when they slip into Santa mode since I am not the arbiter of all things Santa. The last time I checked there is no official arbiter for Santa.

As many times as I have run through the forums, I tend to see the same people talking about marketing, promotions and brand awareness. Most everyone agrees that if you are not preparing for December in July you will be missing out on some very special opportunities.

While I may disagree with the OP's timing and his position on the subject (of being 'entitled'), I also find some of the responses to be just as disagreeable.

Would I do as the OP has done? Probably not. If they spring for a helicopter to deliver Santa would I participate? Unknown. What if they compensated? Probably.

I view this as a slippery slope but it is not about what I think or feel. 

Anyhoo

• Like 1

Felix Estridge

Can you tell I feel strongly about this?  It sickens me that we care that little for the legend.  I will not mince words on this.

I totally agree that there are times when a RBS slips into Santa mode no matter the time of the year.  Its the ones who approach children or call out to them or just plain seek them out that I have an issue with.  Its creepy...regardless of your intentions.

You are correct in that there is no ruling arbiter for Santa.  We are all our own arbiter.  And if we all were to want to keep the mystery of the legend alive and approach our interactions with that in mind, then I would have absolutely NO issue at all.  Don't seek them out.  If you are approached as an RBS, do what you want at that point.  But no.  We get caught up in our feelings...the feelings that we experience.  We also get caught up in what we hope those that we serve feel.  But, we should be more concerned with only their feelings and not our own.

This legend...this character...it has a history and we should not go changing the history of who he is, how he behaves, and when he appears.

I can say this to prove my point.  I would say 99.9999% of all of us who do this, when we were children, seldom (if ever) saw Santa Claus outside of the Christmas holiday unless it was at a themed event or park.  Why do we feel the need to change that except for our own benefit?  We can say its for the children, but its not.  It all comes down to ego.  And that will be the downfall of this legend.  And if you cannot even begin to see it from that standpoint, then you are the problem.

• Like 10

Santa Marty

Self stimulation of ego?  An ego junky getting one more fix?  One more high?  

Sure Christmas is an adrenaline filled time of the year, exciting, Santa is the center of attention.  The end of December rolls along, and theres the let down, an actual depressive state where you feel like you just went from HERO to ZERO in one day.   I suffer from this after Christmas blue feeling, I have found that as soon as I can, I need to make a drastic change to my appearance.  It is shaving or trimming my beard way back, or cutting my hair, or both.  Another thing is to get my Santa gear stowed away as soon as possible.  Something to make that break.. stepping away.. 

I personally never have seen the need to carry around a pocket full of "I got caught being good" coins, or peppermint candies to pass out in the off season. 

You never see a traditional bearded Santa with this problem (well, not never, but seldom) if you did see a traditionally bearded guy walking around off season,  as Santa at a non Santa/Christmas themed event.... you would think him NUTZ.. Truthfully, when you see a Naturally bearded guy going around in similar situation you should be thinking NUTZ too, but for some reason RBS guys have a real problem with this.  Its amusingly sad that you find these same individuals touting "Its All For The Children".... A nice saying, but really who is this for?  I think that its far from the children.

1 hour ago, Felix Estridge said:

would say 99.9999% of all of us who do this, when we were children, seldom (if ever) saw Santa Claus outside of the Christmas holiday unless it was at a themed event or park.

When I was a child, I never looked at Santa and thought... thats not a real beard, in fact I don't even know if I say a Santa that was a naturally bearded Santa.  Heck, everyone... and it was usually ONE that I saw was Santa.  You never saw Santa on Christmas Eve... cause Santa wouldn't come unless you were asleep!  Santa completely disappeared, back to the North Pole, to rest up, and to begin building the toys for next season... Of which, I was already hoping for the something that I wanted and didn't get, to get it next year, MAYBE.

Back then, there was never the worry about seeing two Santas, there was only one department store in town that had a Santa, no one else did, no one else expected to have Santa.  Having a Santa was the role that the best department store had... and no one else had one.  If you wanted to see Santa, there was only one place you could go.

If part of the role we strive for is to make children "Believe", why then do we confuse them by having so many?  Why would it be that parents have to tell their children... "He is the REAL Santa", or Which one is the real Santa, There's Santas Helper.  

Back then, back in my childhood there was no need for comments I've listed.  The Santa that you saw... the only one that you saw was Santa, no doubt it.

Life was simpler then, we were more innocent as children.  We didn't walk through a mall and see several different Santas (when I was a child, there were no malls, there was Main Street).  We didn't see a few more on the way home either, if we had, I can think of no quicker Believe Killer than that.  We were innocent but not dumb.  Kids to day are smart, they know somethings fishy... But perhaps, there is a bit of fear in their hearts, that if they don't believe, they might NOT get something they want.

Of course there are you young whipper snappers out there that have no idea what I'm trying to relate to. 

But Felix, you are (in my mind) spot on in your statement which I quoted above.  Spot ON!

Edit:  This is yet another great discussion here on ClausNet, lets keep it great by not lining up and throwing snowballs at each other.  We are not going to drastically change each other's minds, but hopefully, we will see the topic from a different perspective.  After all, if everyone thought exactly the same way we do... then how can one of us be better than the other?  Sarcasm of course, but we wont always agree on everything and we can still be friends, and remain respectful, and cordial.  Thanks

• Like 9

Schwindy
11 hours ago, ImSanta said:

Your appreciation of looking at different points of view as a learning experience is refreshing. The lack of respect for others' points of view or another way of looking at something is so absent in today's society. Today it's My Way or the Highway! 

Santa Dan, I had a great baseball coach tell me one time, "Schwindy you can learn from every batter in the box, even if he is the #9 batter there is something they are doing right or wrong, you're still learning something. I try to take this approach to everything in life. Now that being said, you just ask the wife how open I am to all things different! I hear she is writing a book, "How he drove me crazy after year two and the rest is just a blur" INSIDE VOICE INSIDE VOICE! :sc_wink:
Peace & Love

Edited by Schwindy
INSIDE VOICE INSIDE VOICE!
  • Like 2

Santa Warren
15 hours ago, Felix Estridge said:

I would agree, you said what I was thinking.  I market and promote my Santa business all year, but I do not do any event that is not Christmas central.  Again this is just my opinion.

• Like 2

Santa Warren
15 hours ago, ImSanta said:

We can agree to disagree amicably. As a RBS, I'm seen as Santa 24-7, 12 months of the year whether I want to be or not. Doesn't matter how I dress or what I'm doing, we get approached regularly throughout the year from folks wanting pictures, sharing stories or joking about not getting a gift they wanted as a child. 

I don't understand why the magic of Santa and the spirit of giving isn't appropriate year round. Why shouldn't we Santa be able to enjoy the joy of love and wonder everyday of the year? I take too much pleasure in it to just limit it to a few weeks every year.

I also am a RBS.  Have been for many years.  Many people know me as Santa.  Although if I do not confirm I am Santa, there is  wonder if Iam or not.  It is not just the beard that makes you , over exposed in my opinion, it is the hats clothes etc.  During the year, unless I am trying to be Santa, I am Warren.

If it is about the children, then let it be about them and not our enjoyment.  I wish you the best of luck though.  For me the ,I have a white beard there fore I am Santa, all year reasoning is not all fact.  As I also have a natural white beard.  Children see me, look, wonder.  I smile and move on.  The mystery is still there.

Edited by Santa Warren
  • Like 4

Santa Warren
14 hours ago, Santa Marty said:

Gentlemen,

You can look like Santa year round, you don't have to act like Santa all year.  It is a choice, a choice each of us makes.  And yes, this is more difficult for a naturally bearded individual.  Some, not all, have just chosen to take the position... Well, I look like Santa everyday, I might as well be Santa everyday.   If Santa is "seen" day in and day out, the "specialness" of Santa will be dissipated, diluted, and become ordinary.  In my opinion, Santa is not ordinary, not at all, Santa is SPECIAL. 

I may appear to look like I might be Santa most of the year.... for children, if I am asked, I will tell them that I am NOT Santa.  My engagement usually goes along the lines of "no, I am not Santa but, wouldn't having a job like Santa's be great?"  

Personally, I don't mind it one bit if I happen to be in a department store or any other store for that matter, and a child having "one of those moments" (tantrum or semi tantrum / I want this or that) and just my appearance.... not saying a word... I observe a distinct behavioral modification.  I happen to enjoy the smile I receive from a parent or guardian once I am noticed.

If I am hired to be Santa off season, I portray myself as Santa.  I don't walk around day after day in Santa Casual, but I will for Santa related events, meetings etc.  

Again, this is just my opinion and merely an expression of my thoughts, I have not been appointed, nor elected to be the Santa Sheriff.    

You said what I was trying to say, but so much better.

• Like 2

Santa Johnny Boy

Edited by Santa Johnny Boy
remove post
  • Like 1

Santa TJS

I grew up as a child of the 1950's when Santa appeared in the department store the day after thanksgiving. It was a magical moment we waited for all year. Santa was not seen again after Christmas Eve for a whole year. The stores did not unveil their window displays until the week of Thanksgiving either,then there was the parade. I guess that has gone,the season starts at Halloween. For me Santa from November until Christmas Eve is what I still do. I think it's ok for Santa to appear in a Christmas theme park or event out of season.But I like to stay in season like it was when I grew up,I like the tradition. Santa year round dims the special importance of Santa for me but that is not everyone's cup of tea.

• Like 5

• Similar Content

• Santa Trever
      By Santa Trever
      Saturday August 3, 2019
      Santa Ernie’s house
       8 Creekwood Ln SW
        Lakewood, WA 98499
       12:00 noon
      There will be a gas grill available for you to cook hamburgers and hot dogs that you bring.
      Please bring your own meat, bread and a dish to share.

The following items will be provided: paper plates, cups, plastic ware,  ketchup, mustard, relish,
      lettuce, tomatoes, salt, pepper, water, soda and unsweetened ice tea.

Please bring your own lawn chairs and if you like wading…we have a creek for you. You will need water shoes and towels.

Santa Ernie will be out front helping to park cars. We can get quite a few in the driveway and the overflow in a neighbor's (#12) driveway. We will be in the back yard and side yard (behind the garage). Come through the house or walk around when you get here.

Shopping is available in Lakewood at:
      The Lakewood Costume Shop
      5932 Lake Grove St SW
      Lakewood, 98499
      and
      The B & I Shopping Center
      8012 S Tacoma Way
      Lakewood, 98499

Directions: from I-5 take the Gravelly Lake Drive exit #124 and head west
      Take the second right turn at Nyanza Rd.
      Turn right at 116th St SW (last turn before traffic signal)
      Take the first right at Woodbine Ln SW
      Take the first left at 118th St SW
      This street becomes Creekwood Ln SW
      We are at the end at #8 on the left. The number is on the mailbox and post and front door.

• Mervyn The Hired Hand
      By Mervyn The Hired Hand
      My mother’s father was a wiry old cuss, more elf than Santa but for one thing: he was a story teller. I guess he had to be, raising ten kids on an old dairy farm in the rocky hillsides of middle upstate New York during the Great Depression. He had an amazing ability to sit down with children and spin a bedtime story out of thin air on the spur of the moment, sometimes starting with something mundane that had happened the same day, but never telling the same story twice. We kids were spellbound as we listened quietly—probably the only quiet time during the day—to Granddad tell his bedtime tales. Ah, what I would give for a book of those stories today!

This was no sentimental softy charming the children. He had a grip of iron when he squeezed your knee, and his word was law when settling squabbles. He had been a lumberjack, a plumber, a furniture re-upholsterer, and eventually a dairy farmer to feed his kids while others stood in bread lines. Skinny as a rail and tough as nails, none of my larger uncles would stand up to him. But he had a soft spot for kids, and an imagination to rival Mother Goose.

He also had an old red dog named Fritz. Nobody knew what kind of dog Fritz was, but he was about the size of a border collie, covered head to toe with long rusty red hair, and his tail held up like a flag. This was a farm dog: twice a day Granddad would make a small hand motion telling Fritz to go get the cows. That sleepy red dog would suddenly tear out of the yard like a tornado, streaking down the hill, across the creek and up through a distant pasture. A half hour later, he’d bring 60 dairy cows slowly into the barn for milking. Fritz was an amazing dog, quick to find the cows, but never rushing them to the barn, so they never lost their milk. And he never left one out to pasture, bringing in every stray.

One cold, stormy Christmas Eve, Granddad told a bedtime story about his forgetting the cows had been shut in the barn all day due to the weather, and sending Fritz out to bring them in for milking by mistake. Fritz was off like a flash, skidding around the corner of the barn to find the cows. He was gone an unusually long time.

After awhile, Granddad remembered the cows were still in the barn. He began to wonder what was taking Fritz so long to figure it out and started milking, when suddenly there was a loud commotion at the barn door, which remained open about a foot. Granddad looked up to find a mob of every goose, chicken and barn cat on the farm squeezing through the door opening, carefully herded by that red dog Fritz.

Not finding any cows in the pasture, Fritz had done the best he could, bringing everything else he could find into the barn. Apparently Fritz had a rather strong herding instinct, and wanted everyone to be included. We kids all laughed and marveled at this story of the red dog with a determined but gentle Christmas spirit. Then we went quietly to bed.

• DeputyDogRick
      By DeputyDogRick
      Name: Little Wings
      Category: Events and Get Togethers
      Date Added: 2018-12-29
      Submitter: DeputyDogRick

The last two years I have appeared with the Adaptive Ballet in Milford, Ct and it has become one of the most endearing events of the Season.  I hope all of your seasons were Merry and Bright

Little Wings
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 32 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.