5 Places Around the U.S. Where It’s Christmas All the Time

Michael Rielly

5 Places Around the U.S. Where It’s Christmas All the Time

The Daily Meal
Aug 10, 2017
By Carolyn Menyes

EXCERPT:

night%20north%20pole%20AK_flickr_edit.jp

For most people, it is impossible to think about Christmas when you’re spending your days at the beach, picking pumpkins, or staying indoors to keep out of the springtime showers. However, there’s another portion of the population that sings “Jingle Bells” out loud and dreams of sugar plums no matter what time of year it may be.

For you festive few, worry not! There are enchanting towns around the country that share your passion for Santa, sugar cookies, snow, and presents. They don’t call it the most wonderful time of the year for no reason! And in these five destinations, it’s wonderful all year long.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Founded on Christmas Eve 1741, it makes sense that this Eastern Pennsylvania town would take its name from the town in which Jesus was born. Known as “Christmas City U.S.A.,” Bethlehem is easy for travelers to find: The town hosts its own northern star and LED lights downtown, and they are illuminated nightly year-round. When the holiday season actually approaches, visitors can see Christmas trees throughout the years and learn about the history of this 275-year-old town.

Frankenmuth, Michigan
Michigan’s “Little Bavaria” is filled with German- and Austrian-inspired Christmas festivities. This charming town includes a replica of Austria’s Silent Night Chapel (where the song of the same name was written) and a German Christmas museum. Most importantly, Frankenmuth is the home of the “world’s largest Christmas store” — Bronner’s, which is essentially a warehouse lined with ornaments, Christmas trees, and other décor. Of course, the outside of Bronner’s is decorated with thousands of twinkling Christmas lights and other festive decorations.

North Pole, Alaska
It may be 1,500 miles away from the real North Pole, but visitors to this suburb of Fairbanks will be greeted by a 42-foot-tall Santa Claus statue. If that fact and the name of the town aren’t enough, Alaska’s North Pole host its own version of Santa’s workshop, where kids hoping to get on the nice list can stop by any day of the year to meet Kris Kringle and his reindeer. North Pole’s postal code, 99705, has the honor of being designated as “Santa’s ZIP code.”

North Pole, New York
Alaska isn’t the only state with its own North Pole; New York has one, too. In addition to being the home of Santa’s Eastern U.S. workshop, North Pole, New York, features its own year-round theme park that caters specifically to the young (and young at heart) with sled-themed roller coaster, a peppermint swing, holiday shows, and Tannenbaum the Talking Christmas Tree.

Santa Claus, Indiana
This town is the ho, ho, home of Holiday World, one of the world’s first theme parks. Fittingly, it pays homage to Christmas (as well as Thanksgiving, the Fourth of July, and Halloween). In line with its name, Santa Claus has a festive post office where visitors can get letters postmarked with Santa’s own name. There’s also a supersized holiday store and a candy store, fittingly called Santa’s Candy Castle.

SOURCE: https://www.thedailymeal.com/holidays/5-places-around-us-where-it-s-christmas-all-time

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Santa Johnny Boy

My bucket list is to visit all five of these places!

• Like 2

SantaDBC

We've been to 3 of the 5😀 Only the 2 North Poles to go.

• Like 1

Santa MikeE
4 hours ago, SantaDBC said:

We've been to 3 of the 5😀 Only the 2 North Poles to go.

The only one I've ever visited was the one in Alaska... in fact I lived only a few miles away when I was 12.  :D

• Like 1

Florida Kris Kringle

Two out of five. I have some catching up to do!

• Like 1

Santa Everett

Fortunate to have visited three. There are many other places that I sense the spirit of Christmas both past and present.

• Like 1

Skye

Haven't visited any😖, but oh how I would Love to🎁🎄🎅😍

Carlo Klemm

I've been to Bronner's and would go back in a heartbeat. The replica of the Silent Night Chapel is such a peaceful and solemn place.  One day O would love to be in Austria at the real chapel in time for Christmas Eve. 

• Like 1

Santa Claus Rob

I lived in Michigan for 35 years and Bronners and Frankenmuth were an annual tradition around the holiday season.  Nearby is also crossroads village and huckleberry railroad in the Flint area... not Christmas year round there, but they put on a fun festive christmas during December, and late November, and you have an opportunity to take a ride on a well preserved wood fired steam train through their Christmas displays, some that can only be seen from the train.

Edited by Santa Claus Rob
  • Like 1

SCSanta

I see that my house missed making the list again...  :sc_hmm:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Schwindy
1 hour ago, SCSanta said:

I see that my house missed making the list again...  :sc_hmm:

Patrick: They don't even give us "Honorable mentions?" For the way we decorate, I don't get it?! :sc_rofl:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
        • Sad
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 94 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
        • Love
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 32 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.