Santa Claus Oath copyright violations

Michael Rielly

• Management

This is what I deal with at least once a month.

This was just found on eBay. A big thank you to one of our members for bringing it to my attention.

I don't understand why people do this. Are they just not creative enough to make something unique? Is it laziness or just plain stupidity? Do they not understand this is essentially stealing? Have they no clue that it is illegal? What do think think would happen if they tried this with the Coca-Cola, BMW, or Oracle logo? Try slapping the Google logo on something and putting it up for sale. I DARE you. Watch how fast you are contacted by Goggle's legal team.

Sorry for the rant, but I just don't get it. Maybe it's because I have never stolen anything in my entire life. Or maybe it's because I was raised differently.

:ranting:

s-dl1600.jpgs-l16dd00.jpgs-l1600.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Angry 3

• Management

It is all their ego.  They think they can do what they want, when they want to, and without any consequence.  They claim ignorance, sure.  We all know that ignorance is not a defense.

• Like 2

Not cool. Has Ebay pulled this yet?

Edited by Santa Johnathan

• Management

I reported it. Looks like this person has several for sale. If this person is a Santa, it is another example of Bad Santas

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Perhaps I could try to buy them all and try to pay with this...

s-l1000.jpg

Think they would get the message???

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

Hopefully Ebay will shut it down but I kind of doubt it.

• Like 1

I don't know what is the most wrong about this: the example of entitlement by stealing the Santa Claus Oath artwork, the laziness not to remove Oath from the seal, or thinking they can steal this property. Sad state of affairs.

• Like 2

• Management

I just checked on eBay for this and it is no longer an item for sale, as far as I can tell.

• Like 3

• Management
  • Management
41 minutes ago, Santa Bruce Geron said:

I don't know what is the most wrong about this: the example of entitlement by stealing the Santa Claus Oath artwork, the laziness not to remove Oath from the seal, or thinking they can steal this property. Sad state of affairs.

There are no words...

3 hours ago, Santa Bill Reiller said:

Hopefully Ebay will shut it down but I kind of doubt it.

2 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

To @Santa Bill Reiller and @Michael Rielly

Not trying to upset anyone here but merely stating a truth. Ebay stinks as I was sold two 7 day hopper Walt Disney Passes and lost $780.00. Even my Master Card was having trouble getting back the money. Then I had to call her local police where she lived, and thanks to a GOOD MAN and or police officer he helped me go after her legally to the point I was getting phone calls from her attorney. TRUE STORY and I wish you the very best Michael, I'd be glad to help you out if you need LEG WORK TO BE DONE, As I am getting around pretty good as of late and would be glad to help. You know how to get a hold of me!  Yes I finally got our money back! 4 months later

Edited by Schwindy
  • Like 1

Honestly, it's because the Santa Oath Crest is AWESOME!

5 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

It looks like she has pulled all photos that include the crest and there is no mention of it...I highly doubt she has changed things though. 

• Management

The second link still has the images of the Oath crest.

• Management
6 hours ago, Schwindy said:

I've been going back and forth with this guy. He claims he found the Oath Crest on a "free clipart" website. I asked him for the website URL. He replies with "google.com"

Seriously? Are people this stupid?

He can not be very smart if he thinks everything on google is free.  Some people can not understand a copyright.  See if they will do something from Disney and see what happens.  We hear about it all the time in the craft show circuit.

• Like 2

• Management
28 minutes ago, Santa Bill Reiller said:

He can not be very smart if he thinks everything on google is free.  Some people can not understand a copyright.  See if they will do something from Disney and see what happens.  We hear about it all the time in the craft show circuit.

Put the Google logo on something and try to sell it ANYWHERE online. Watch what happens within 2-4 hours...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

I've been going back and forth with this guy. He claims he found the Oath Crest on a "free clipart" website. I asked him for the website URL. He replies with "google.com"

Seriously? Are people this stupid?

@Michael Rielly
    YES, because they don't care nor do they care ONCE they find out! Again if I can help you out,
do any leg work as I am home most of the days, other than PT. I can start digging around for you if you'd like. Let me know what you need. 

• Like 1

Most people know the first part of the Oscar Wilde quote "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..." I wonder how many of these 'imitators' (thieves) know the rest of the quote. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness"

• Like 4

Guess that copyright wording at the bottom of where the Oath is posted means nothing? Or is it that he's from the United Kingdom and considers himself free to abuse American copyrights?

• Like 1

• Management
1 hour ago, Florida Kris Kringle said:

Guess that copyright wording at the bottom of where the Oath is posted means nothing? Or is it that he's from the United Kingdom and considers himself free to abuse American copyrights?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Looks like he took the Oath Seal off and replaced it with another set of Coat of Arms instead.

• 1 year later...

The price of ownership is eternal vigilance.

Why, it's like stealing from Santa Claus!!!

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies