Santa Johnathan

The Professional Santa Claus’ Podcast

Santa Johnathan

Today is the day! I have a gift for you, something that has been in the works for a while and I am so excited to finally share it with you! Introducing, The Professional Santa Claus' Podcast, available on many platforms and all entirely free for you.

Why a podcast?

You can consider a podcast like a contemporary radio show that individuals can download and listen to via a personal device or computer. The goal of this podcast is to uplift and inspire the Christmas community through our interviews. We hope that our guests share with the Christmas community the heart of Santa. There is so much focus on the business side of things with various workshops and classes, and while there is nothing wrong with learning, sometimes this focus comes ego, too much focus on money, and at times a loss of why this work is so special. The podcast will be a heart to heart; inspiring others to want to be better. The podcast is not a business, there will be no focus on creating a podcast for monetary reasons and should be considered entirely a gift to the Christmas community.

Clausnet has been a wonderful place for me and I support and share often to gem that is Clausnet to the Santas that I meet. In all avenues of this community, we see the good and the bad. Sadly, the bad seems to get so much more traction way too often. I guess this project is my way of highlighting what I love about this community, in particular the gift we have to do what we do. I have been fortunate enough to focus on some individuals that have made a difference for me in some way and whom I think, or my previous guests think could add something special. There are some wonderful guests coming up that I look forward to talking with and I look forward to possibly visiting with Clausnet’s Wizard behind the curtain, Michael. 

large.161F3CB9-9D03-4B89-A344-DA1027A3179E.jpeg.49b53af4a642e220fc81da1cdaecbcec.jpeg

Here is our starting lineup, beginning with none other than our dear, sarcastic, and deducated Marty! Subscribe to the podcast and enjoy! It’s a little rough around the edges but I truly am working hard to help give back something very special. 

large.F6E2CF87-7B57-4D86-A7EB-C5C063F308B5.jpeg.37097a3543c4b0274af924a2a89c80d9.jpeglarge.BC5D0A58-9AE2-4DC7-9C38-BE56CE1B67B6.jpeg.56ec941b269152f011c9b23f99da40f1.jpeglarge.8787868E-4C57-497F-9D6C-B7DCE0D6D5E2.jpeg.83f41a7d647585cdd4c7123ad1352724.jpeglarge.BA40FC49-AD5F-4E49-85C2-9EB02D022588.jpeg.80405661155fde3f7880cde24a65b7a9.jpeglarge.02117AEB-B923-4B46-AB76-9BBF33F9243B.jpeg.b3ed854e58a15a3b73582118cbbaa049.jpeglarge.AA7561A6-08E5-4CDB-8F23-E0BDE433774B.jpeg.3057715b55131fbf9c68fe284554650f.jpeg

large.D5E141DB-6375-407D-A05F-0D5406748C99.jpeg.24bd3a23bfca87f6190d3f379337e0b6.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Eileen Strom

These are GREAT!!!

Listened to #'s 1 and 4 so far...will get to the others as soon as I can.

And look forward to many more in the future!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

SantaAdamB

This is definitely one of my new favorite pass times. I have listened to the first two and plan on catching up on the rest this weekend.

• Like 3

Santa G

Gotta say thanks for making these, been listening to them the last couple of days so far 1 & 5 and will get to the others over this week I'm sure. Must say they are fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. Well done to everyone involved a real gift to us all.

cheers

• Like 2

Felix Estridge

I am on #4 now and working through them all.  Awesome thus far and I have no doubt that it will continue.

• Like 2

Kevin Fast

These interviews are so informative and inspiring.  Thanks Johnathan

(the way to develop the 'heart of Santa' in Santas, in my opinion, is to follow great examples of those with extremely large Santa hearts.  St. Paul has this same idea about the Christian example that he set being followed in Philippians 3:17.  So these podcasts are a great benefit to me personally.)

Edited by Kevin Fast
personal info added
  • Like 2

SantaNiels

This is awesome and I love it...:spinthanks:

• Like 1

Santa TJS

Totally enjoyed listening and giving an interview myself, great job.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

SantaJason

This is just AWESOME!  I've only listened through to the first one so far, but just love this for so many reasons.  Thank you for doing this - @Santa Marty, what a delightful, lovely interview.  Can't wait to listen to more very soon.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Santa Ross

I have enjoyed listening to everyone of them. Amazing interviews. question: Jonathan when are we going to hear your interview?

• Love 1

Santa Johnathan
6 hours ago, Santa Ross said:

I have enjoyed listening to everyone of them. Amazing interviews. question: Jonathan when are we going to hear your interview?

Well, I have my list of individuals that have made a difference in my life and that I've been impressed by. These are certainly those that I want to hear from. I also open it up to those that have interviewed for their list too. I would say the majority of those that have suggested names have also asked to hear from me, which is very kind. My worry is that, it turns the podcast into it being about me...and that's not the desire I have for this. That being said, my wife had a suggestion that my children take over the podcast for an episode to interview me. It could be fun...but for now, I'm enjoying hearing from others. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Santa Ross
6 hours ago, Santa Johnathan said:

That being said, my wife had a suggestion that my children take over the podcast for an episode to interview me. It could be fun...but for now, I'm enjoying hearing from others. 

Since I have had the pleasure to spend time with your wife and kiddos I think that would be a great interview. Of course I could see your oldest going off script and that could potentially be hilarious 😆 

• Haha 1

Santa Johnathan
12 minutes ago, Santa Ross said:

Since I have had the pleasure to spend time with your wife and kiddos I think that would be a great interview. Of course I could see your oldest going off script and that could potentially be hilarious 😆 

On second thought.....

• Haha 1

Santa Ross

:D

Santa TJS

It is fun to hear the voices of those you have only communicated with over the internet and to hear their stories, great idea Johnathan!

• Like 1

Dutch Schrap

Proud and Honored to have been interviewed by you, Johnathan!  I am SO impressed by ALL of the interviews so far - and have learned many things from each and every one of them so far!  Looking forward to being a long time listener!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

SantaAdamB
13 hours ago, Santa TJS said:

It is fun to hear the voices of those you have only communicated with over the internet and to hear their stories, great idea Johnathan!

My sentiments exactly.

• Like 2

Santa Ed K

Just finished listing to #7 with Tom.

The person in Anaheim he mentions that he sent two sets to is me. Thanks TOM, always does a great job.

• Like 1

Florida Kris Kringle

Hi, I'm Keith, and I'm a podcastaholic.

Thank you Johnathan for doing this wonderful service for the Christmas Performers, all at a tremendous expense to you, and all for free to us. Thank you as well for your warm invitation to be your guest on podcast #2.

OK, I'm all caught up and ready for the next one...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Santa Trever

I have listened to all of them and they are all wonderful!!! I can’t wait for more. 

Santa Marty
On 4/8/2018 at 11:45 AM, Santa Johnathan said:

Well, I have my list of individuals that have made a difference in my life and that I've been impressed by. These are certainly those that I want to hear from. I also open it up to those that have interviewed for their list too. I would say the majority of those that have suggested names have also asked to hear from me, which is very kind. My worry is that, it turns the podcast into it being about me...and that's not the desire I have for this. That being said, my wife had a suggestion that my children take over the podcast for an episode to interview me. It could be fun...but for now, I'm enjoying hearing from others. 

I think your thinking on this is correct, Don’t make it about the host.  Even if your children interview you it still be about you and possibly construed as egotistical. (Which you are not.... but hey, do you really want to perceived that way?)

• Like 2

Santa Johnathan
9 hours ago, Santa Marty said:

I think your thinking on this is correct, Don’t make it about the host.  Even if your children interview you it still be about you and possibly construed as egotistical. (Which you are not.... but hey, do you really want to perceived that way?)

I agree with you on this Marty...but not for those reasons. If they are hearing from me as the subject, then I’m not getting the opportunity to hear from someone else...which is what I’m enjoying. 

As far as egotistical, well, that’s something I try to keep in check. You do not become a professional performer without some ego, I AM egotistical, I think we all have that in some degree but I do try. I have longed stopped worrying about what others think of me in that regard as well. Friends and family know me, know the person I am. That’s what matters to me. 

I will not rule out some type of interview in the future...and I’d certainly love to involve my family and have that for them but it’s not happening anytime soon. I have a long list of people that I think have much more to offer the community within the interview. These take a ton of time to edit and I’d rather spend that on someone else's story. It’s not about me. 

Nick Hudson

I ever get some slower time to figure everything out, I will look forward to this! 

Michael Rielly

Here's in our interview with @Santa Johnathan from 2014 if anyone is interested...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Santa Johnathan
3 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

Here's in our interview with @Santa Johnathan from 2014 if anyone is interested...

Thank you for posting Michael. It was good to go back to this and reread it. It’s a great check for me on where I’m at today. One of the stories I had forgotten and reminded me again of the importance of documenting and journaling those tender moments to look back at. These Clausnet Member of the Month features are so special and I remember being so honored. 

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 31 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.