Michael Rielly

U.S. Postal Service to Issue Classic Santa Stamps this Christmas (Merged)

Santa Ross

Yep just pre-ordered some plus the Nativity scene set

681204-L0.jpg

Edited by Santa Ross
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Grandpa Gus

Just to let everyone know, the Santa Christmas stamps should be in your local post office by mid October. It will depend on when your local office orders them from the main office in your area. You can also pre-order online now at USPS.com look for the holiday stamps and you will find them. If you have a good post office that you use regularly they may even be able to pre-order them and they will hold them for you to pick up. Happy mailing

• Like 2

SantaBill

Thank you for bringing the news about the new stamp issues to come out with the Christmas Santa Claus Forever Stamps.

For many years I would dutifully buy all the new stamps as they were issued. But sometime back in the last 1960s the Postal Service redoubled their efforts to keep pace with their promotion of the new stamp issues requiring increasing amounts to cover quite a lot of variations to the new issues. It became impossible to continue because of the great increase in cost to have all the varieties of stamps being issued. So I stopped my subscription requests. I will definitely purchase several sheets of each variety of the 4 Santa Claus stamps for use in my mail of Santa related materials. Thank you for bringing this to light. 

I also participated in the greeting card swap you sponsored at least one year quite awhile ago. It was loads of fun, but my law practice was a demanding mistress and I couldn't afford the time or expense to continue doing that. I think it is great you are still involved with that neat program.

I was an immediate fan of your site when I first joined it back in the early 2000s. I love the color and pagentry you chose for your site. It is still a tad overwhelming in using the site since I do not come back to it as often as I should. But I do enjoy the monthly issues you send out. Thank you for your tireless work you must do to keep it together.

I wish I had more time to spend on your site as I get so much out of it. But as I am on the downslope of my time as Santa, I seem to have less time for all the things I feel the need to participate in. But I will continue with my Santa activities as long as I can still get around. 

Santa Bill French

SantaBill@MyOwnSanta.com

www.MyOwnSanta.com

Orange Park, FL

• Like 3

Omaha Santa

Went looking at our post office was told October 11. Thanks to Claus NE, were they surprised to know I knew all about them. They had the post master open the safe to see if I knew what I was talking about. They will remember me and  bet I will  be first in line. Good hunting everyone! 

• Like 1

Grandpa Gus

Picked up 4 books this morning at local Post Office, I was told that the office was only able to order 100 books.  You may want to get these while you can, but postmaster did say that she was going to try to make a second order.

• Like 1

Grandpa Gus

The much awaited Santa stamps are in your local Post Office now. But whether due to short sightedness or printing shortfall or other reasons I'm not entitled to know the first shipment was limited to 100 books in my local office. I spoke with the Postmaster and was told that there should be a second order but they were not sure when. So, if you need them get them now, or you may have to wait until the next order comes in.  And if you should find that you can't get them from your local office, you can order them online from USPS.com. Good Luck and have fun.

SCSanta

Ordered mine online (7 books) and they came today!

It was a little odd paying postage to the post office so they could mail me postage stamps. :sc_hmm:

• Like 2

Santa Ed K

I ordered mine online as well, but they did not show up today. I also thought it was double dipping to change postage to but postage.

• Like 1

SantaDBC

Ordered mine September 15th and received them today-15 books.....now all I need are 300 friends 😀 🎅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Eileen Strom

Still waiting for mine to show up!!

• Like 1

Schwindy
5 hours ago, Eileen Strom said:

Still waiting for mine to show up!!

The Northampton Post Office doesn't have them yet and I was hoping to go pick up a few books

Eileen Strom

Mine in San Antonio didn't have them yet either on the 11th. The guy I spoke with had no clue about them.

• Like 1

Schwindy
3 minutes ago, Eileen Strom said:

Mine in San Antonio didn't have them yet either on the 11th. The guy I spoke with had no clue about them.

Well I am a little luckier then you, The girl knew what I was talking about but said I was the only one looking for them so far. So I will check other local cities and see what I can come up with. Allentown is a HUGE Post Office, I should be able to get four or five there. I go past it enough during the week to stop in and get a couple.

• Like 1

Eileen Strom

Stamps arrived today - they are very nice and colorful.

• Like 4

Santa Ed K

My stamps came this afternoon. They are nice.

• Like 2

Santa Mick

Just received mine in the mail today !

• Like 2

Steve Fletcher

Went by the PO yesterday afternoon, and the counter person didn't have a clue as to what I wanted.  Checked with the Supervisor and lo-and-behold, they had just arrived that morning.  I asked for 10 books but the clerk got confused and charged me for 20 which I didn't catch until I was halfway home.  Went back and well let's just say I am well stocked!!!!

• Haha 1

Schwindy

OK, so I gave Northampton PO until Tuesday the 16th and again I was told that the Postmaster wasn't in yet? He, or she is the only one who can open up the safe to get out the stamps!? Craziest thing I ever heard, so I went into the very small borough of Coplay (Co-play) and they have them ALL OVER THE PLACE IN THE OFFICE!

So I took a few books off their hands and I'll be looking to keep adding to them until they sell out. Since I can't get the mailbox going yet, along with MANY of the other things I am chopping at the bit to do but can't because of the shoulder, I can collect many of these stamps and I'll have a bunch for and when or if, I need them for when the children drop off their letters!

348986147_2018SantaStamps.jpg.9af1862894abdf6fa04742ca78988887.jpg

• Like 2

Steve Fletcher
On 10/13/2018 at 10:00 PM, Steve Fletcher said:

well let's just say I am well stocked!!!!

If anyone would like a book, just send me $10.50 via PayPal Friends and I'll drop in the mail (that's what the .50 covers).  PM me for the email to use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Schwindy
35 minutes ago, Steve Fletcher said:

If anyone would like a book, just send me $10.50 via PayPal Friends and I'll drop in the mail (that's what the .50 covers).  PM me for the email to use.

I'll keep that in mind if I get low! LOL!

Santa Bill Reiller

I will have to see if my Post Office is stocked yet.   Great looking stamps

• Similar Content

• Michael Rielly
      By Michael Rielly
      Dorcas Reilly, Creator of Green Bean Casserole, Dies at 92
      Friends and family are mourning the creator of an iconic recipe and a Thanksgiving staple.
      NBC Connecticut
      By David Chang
      October 23, 2018

EXCERPT:
      Friends and family are mourning the creator of an iconic recipe and a Thanksgiving staple.
      Dorcas Reilly, the inventor of Campbell’s green bean casserole, died on Oct. 15. She was 92. 
      “Dorcas was an incredible woman, whose legacy will live on in more than 20 million American households this Thanksgiving,” the Campbell Soup Company wrote on its website. 
      Reilly, of Haddonfield, New Jersey, gained fame while working for Campbell’s Home Economics department in 1955. She combined green beans and Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup to create what was originally called “Green Bean Bake.” The recipe would later be known as green bean casserole, referred to by Campbell as “the mother of all comfort foods.” 
      Dorcas left Campbell's in 1961 and returned in 1981 to serve as manager of the Campbell’s Kitchen. She then retired in 1988. Campbell's donated Dorcas’ original recipe for green bean casserole to the National Inventors Hall of Fame in 2002. 
      A spokesperson described Dorcas as a person who was admired for her “humble and unassuming nature.” 
      “Dorcas would often share that the first time she made her famous recipe, it did not receive the highest rating in Campbell’s internal testing," the spokesperson wrote. "Yet, it was her persistence and creativity that led to an enduring recipe that will live on for decades to come.”
      SOURCE: https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/national-international/Dorcas-Reilly-Campbell-Green-Bean-Casserole-Death-498372271.html

• Michael Rielly
      By Michael Rielly
      Rockettes’ Christmas Show Gets More Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall
      Variety
      by Gordon Cox
      October 2, 2018
      EXCERPT

The “Radio City Christmas Spectacular” may have been around for 85 years, but don’t call it old-fashioned. The annual Yuletide showcase for the Rockettes is getting a major tech upgrade this year, boosting the show’s immersive and interactive elements, incorporating drones in the performance and bridging tech and live entertainment in ways that will all come together in a brand-new finale staged by Tony-nominated director Sam Buntrock.
      Don’t worry: This year’s “Christmas Spectacular” will still have that traditional Nativity scene, replete with live camels, which has always come toward the end of the annual production. But the new finale — featuring performers interacting with animation on one of the largest 8K LED displays in the world; 100 small, flying drones; live aerialists; and, of course, a new number for the Rockettes — will turn its attention to the North Star.
      “It’s an expressionistic sequence,” says Buntrock, known for meshing technology and theater in stage productions like the 2008 Broadway revival of “Sunday in the Park With George.” “It traces the North Star through time, and fragments that into points of light that then get carried forth into the world, in the tiny points of light on a Christmas tree or on a candle. It has this sense that the Christmas lights have an origin story — like Batman.”
      SOURCE: https://variety.com/2018/legit/news/christmas-rockettes-radio-city-music-hall-1202964995/amp/

• Michael Rielly
      By Michael Rielly
      What To Eat This Holiday If You Live In The UK: Christmas Tree-Flavored Chips
      FoodBeast.com
      October 6, 2018
      EXCERPT:

In the UK, propped among other varieties of chips (we're talking potato chips not fries), are a supermarket chain's newest holiday flavor. Snack brand 'Iceland' released "Christmas Tree Flavour Salted Hand-Cooked Crisps" throughout UK grocery stores.
      The ingredients are pretty simple: potatoes, sunflower oil, pine oil, and pine salt seasoning — an expected combination to create a piney, woodsy taste. A pine-flavored chip definitely sounds odd, but the flavors may taste similar to rosemary. Not so outlandish now, huh?
      But, whether it is a marketing ploy or not, this festive flavor breaks away from the flavors that we, as a society, have grown to associate with the holidays: pumpkin spice, peppermint, etc.
      As of now, these chips are only available in the UK but, honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it popped up in Trader Joe's shelves. Yet, for now, the British are winning the oddest potato chip flavor contest (sorry Lay's).
      SOURCE: https://www.foodbeast.com/news/what-to-eat-this-holiday-if-you-live-in-the-uk-christmas-tree-flavored-chips/
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• Coping With Depression Before and After The Christmas Season
      With all of the joy, love, wonder, and excitement that Christmas brings the "professional" Santa; it can, for some, bring a bit of sadness, anxiety, and overall depression too. Now, many might think, "What!? How can Santa be depressed...it's Christmas!" but it truly can happen and it's good to inventory those feelings and problem solve what an appropriate solution might be.
      • 3 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 1 reply
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • George Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation
      On October 3, 1789, President George Washington issued a proclamation naming Thursday, November 26, 1789, a national day of Thanksgiving.

In it, Washington called upon all Americans to express their gratitude for a happy conclusion to the nation's war of independence and the successful ratification of the United States Constitution. Especially this year, as we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving, we should reflect on the full meaning of the day. Let’s strive to be truly thankful in our hearts this Thanksgiving.

What better way to enter the holiday season?
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 68 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 90 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 29 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2018 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.