Santa Trever

9th Annual Northwest Santa Workshop

Santa Trever

It is without a doubt that I am very excited and happy to announce that Santa Johnathan Burton, host of The Professional Santa Claus Podcast will be our special guest speaker Saturday October 6th at our 9th Annual Northwest Santa Workshop. The annual event is held at Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, WA and is a two day event Oct 5th & 6th. This year we have announced two $250 scholarships will be awarded to NORPAC members to attend the workshop. Registrations and room bookings with be opening soon - stay tuned for more details. :thumbup:

Johnathan Burton.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Jerry Nebel
On 6/30/2018 at 1:03 PM, Santa Trever said:

It is without a doubt that I am very excited and happy to announce that Santa Johnathan Burton, host of The Professional Santa Claus Podcast will be our special guest speaker Saturday October 6th at our 9th Annual Northwest Santa Workshop. The annual event is held at Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, WA and is a two day event Oct 5th & 6th. This year we have announced two $250 scholarships will be awarded to NORPAC members to attend the workshop. Registrations and room bookings with be opening soon - stay tuned for more details. :thumbup:

Johnathan Burton.jpg

Wow NORPAC is bringing it this year. 

• Like 1

Santa Trever
51 minutes ago, Santa Jerry said:

Wow NORPAC is bringing it this year. 

Yes we are Jerry, and this is just the beginning! :112:

Santa Johnathan

I am thankful for the opportunity to visit with my brothers and sisters in red up north! I look forward to meeting you face to face and having an opportunity to learn with you and share in our love for what we do. Let’s have a blast.

• Like 2

Santa Trever
On 7/5/2018 at 10:08 AM, Santa Johnathan said:

I am thankful for the opportunity to visit with my brothers and sisters in red up north! I look forward to meeting you face to face and having an opportunity to learn with you and share in our love for what we do. Let’s have a blast.

It's going to be great fun Johnathan - I can't wait!!

Santa Trever

9th Workshop jpeg.jpg

Edited by Santa Trever

Santa Trever

The time of our 9th Annual Northwest Santa Workshop is rapidly approaching! If you plan to join us October 5th & 6th, now is the time to make it happen. As with past Workshops and NORPAC gatherings, it will be a fun filled weekend full of learning, networking, fellowship, seeing old friends and making new ones. We will have special guest speakers giving workshops on various topics all pertaining to us as Christmas Performers. 

If you plan to stay with us at Great Wolf Lodge, room reservations must be made directly with Great Wolf Lodge prior to Sept 4th 2018 to receive discounted rates. Please use booking code 1018Santa when making reservations online at www.greatwolf.com/grand-mound/plan or by phone at 1-866-941-9653.

King Suite (1 king and 1 hide-a bed) max 4 persons $129.00
Family Suite (2 queen and 1 hide-a-bed) max 6 persons $129.00 for 4
(additional cost per person beyond 4)

If you want to join us for the 9th Annual Northwest Santa Workshop but do not wish to stay at Great Wolf Lodge, we have secured a block of rooms at the brand new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott down the street and just minutes from Great Wolf Lodge. The rooms are $129 - $149 a night plus tax and you must book by Sept 14th 2018.

Here is the reservation link to make online reservations:

https://www.marriott.com/meeting-event-hotels/group-corporate-travel/groupCorp.mi?resLinkData=NORPAC%20Santas%5EOLMRO%60NORNORA%7CNORNORB%7CNORNORC%60129.00-149.00%60USD%60false%606%6010/4/18%6010/7/18%6009/14/18&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

We will do another ornament exchange again this year ( make sure to bring a ornament ) as well as a gift basket raffle. If you would like to donate a gift basket or any items for the registration bags, please email Trever at santat@comcast.net

Please send registration and fees to:

Dennis Gorley
18221 NE 176th St 
Woodinville, WA 98072
Make Checks payable to: NORPAC SANTAS

or

via PayPal on the PayPal tab on the NORPAC website. * Please provide a digital copy of registation form
to dennisgorley@comcast.net

Attached to this email you will find a Workshop flyer as well as a registration form if needed. 

For more information or if you have any questions please contact: Trever Waltos email:santat@comcast.net
cell ph. 253-732-1482  or go to www.norpac-santas.org 

IMG_0355.JPG

Jerry Nebel

I have heard via the Tundra Telegraph that Jonathan will be doing an interview for his podcast series while at the NORPAC conference. Around the toy shop the Elfs who will be going with Santa to Great Wolf are getting more excited every day. Talking about visiting with all of their Santa friends and playing in the water. 

SantaNeale

I don't think I will be able to make it this year. Is this an annual event and is it always in the same place?

Jerry Nebel
31 minutes ago, SantaNeale said:

I don't think I will be able to make it this year. Is this an annual event and is it always in the same place?

S.N.

This is the first year we have meet the first week of October. We were doing it the first week of November but many of the NORPAC members are busy that first weekend so it was moved to the October dates. So yes it is a yearly event and has been at Great Wolf every year. With all the kids that are there it is a good venue for Santa's to get their chops tuned up for the upcoming season.

5835290758e2d_NORPAC1.thumb.jpg.74e17597d4a8dc9c409e593c3321371e.jpgI would encourage you to check the NORPAC web site and see dates for our general membership meetings. They are fun and informative. We would love to have a visitor. 

• Similar Content

• Santa Trever
      By Santa Trever
      General Membership Meeting

*Founding Member Plaque presentation for Dennis Simpson.

*Elections for new board members to be held

Billy McHale's
      1320 S 324TH ST,
      FEDERAL WAY, WA
      Saturday, February 01, 2020 12:00pm - 3:00pm
    • Drosselmeyer
      By Drosselmeyer
      Name: Nicholas the Sweep
      Category: Commercials
      Date Added: 11/13/2019
      Submitter: Drosselmeyer

Nicholas the Sweep
    • Drosselmeyer
      By Drosselmeyer
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• Every Once in A While
      Every once in a while I see some flagrant abuses of Santa’s appearance and etiquette. It strikes me some men don’t care about how they act or portray the beloved character of Santa.

Gentlemen, you undertake an awesome responsibility when you button up your Santa Suit. Don’t take it lighty!

The “World” has an image of Santa as represented by illustrations, traditions and personal contact. Believe it or not, you’re being measured by those who see you for your authenticity.

You’re fooling yourself if you believe that no one notices or cares if your bead is yellow or unkempt. Maybe you’re also missing a few of those pearly whites, or they are stained from tobacco products. Again, don’t fool yourself….kids notice everything! I have a gold crown capping one of my lower teeth. Every once in a while, I have an inquisitive youngster question what that gold thing is in my mouth. Years ago I thought it was well hidden however; kids have uncanny radar to pick out any of our flaws….

You may be asking yourself, “What difference does it make? “It’s not the Christmas Season.” Maybe it isn’t however, If you’re representing Santa, you’re representing one of the most recognizable characters in the world. What you do reflects upon me and every Santa reader of this article. If you’re going to be recognized then do justice to the character we are reenacting.

Over the years I have been a Santa, I have frequently been by told by people about the Santa they hired or saw which left a very poor expression. Most of their comments were predictable. Their Santa did not interact with the children as expected or he was unprepared. He was unanimated, had a dirty suit or lack luster beard. Obviously these are sure fire ways never to be called to this group again.

Think about what impression you make as a Santa and pay attention to developing your character. You can become one of the best Santas in your area by learning everything about your character and performing from the heart.

Always remember: It's not about you. It's about the children.

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 26 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 3 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.