Michael Rielly

Christmas movie quotes

Drosselmeyer

try again . . .

"I'm looking to do some serious damage . . . I want to shoot them at my neighbors house and hopefully give him a heart attack"    :sc_rofl:

• Like 1

Drosselmeyer
On 11/9/2018 at 11:07 AM, Drosselmeyer said:

try again . . .

"I'm looking to do some serious damage . . . I want to shoot them at my neighbors house and hopefully give him a heart attack"    :sc_rofl:

lets add to this....

"Don't let the reindeer pajamas fool ya pal - I'm not playing around - I'm looking to do some serious damage" :sc_rofl:

Felix Estridge
1 hour ago, Drosselmeyer said:

lets add to this....

"Don't let the reindeer pajamas fool ya pal - I'm not playing around - I'm looking to do some serious damage" :sc_rofl:

Deck the Halls

Drosselmeyer
7 minutes ago, Felix Estridge said:

Deck the Halls

nailed-it.jpg

SCSanta

Okay...here's a tricky one...

"Ho Ho Ho...Merry Christmas" 

Sorry...

How about this...not as tricky...

"Beat that, you little trout sniffer."

Drosselmeyer
57 minutes ago, SCSanta said:

Okay...here's a tricky one...

"Ho Ho Ho...Merry Christmas" 

Sorry...

How about this...not as tricky...

"Beat that, you little trout sniffer."

big brother in Home Alone 2 ???

SCSanta
1 hour ago, Drosselmeyer said:

big brother in Home Alone 2 ???

Indeed it is...

Strangely enough, online this quote is listed as a top quote for Home Alone...not Home Alone 2. The online 'trivia master' who made the list got it WRONG!

• Confused 1

Felix Estridge

This one should be easy...

"I tell you Max, I don't know why I ever leave this place. I've got all the company I need right here."

SCSanta
3 minutes ago, Felix Estridge said:

"I tell you Max, I don't know why I ever leave this place. I've got all the company I need right here."

'tis Jim Carrey from How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

(A movie I have NEVER seen!)

• Like 1

Drosselmeyer
30 minutes ago, Felix Estridge said:

@SCSanta beat me to it - Jim Carey as the Grinch

Felix Estridge
3 hours ago, SCSanta said:

'tis Jim Carrey from How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

(A movie I have NEVER seen!)

Yes!

• Like 1

Drosselmeyer

**sigh** 

try again.....

"Fixed the newel post!"

Felix Estridge
2 hours ago, Drosselmeyer said:

**sigh** 

try again.....

"Fixed the newel post!"

Puh-lease!  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Drosselmeyer
28 minutes ago, Felix Estridge said:

Puh-lease!  National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

HOW DOES HE DO IT ???

Minion-Amazed-Expression-In-Despicable-M

Drosselmeyer

**sigh** 

try again.....

"You're wrong Nick, you only believe what you see.  But what does that prove?  Nobody sees the stars in the daytime, but that's no sign they aren't there"

Drosselmeyer
On 11/14/2018 at 12:50 PM, Drosselmeyer said:

"You're wrong Nick, you only believe what you see.  But what does that prove?  Nobody sees the stars in the daytime, but that's no sign they aren't there"

no takers ???

Felix Estridge
13 minutes ago, Drosselmeyer said:

no takers ???

I have nothing on this one.

Drosselmeyer
3 hours ago, Felix Estridge said:

I have nothing on this one.

Come on, my friend - this is @Michael Rielly's favorite - I wouldn't know about it if not for him - an absolute must see....

Santa Bruce Geron

It's from The Great Gatsby, isn't it? But that's not a Christmas film...

Drosselmeyer
2 hours ago, Santa Bruce Geron said:

It's from The Great Gatsby, isn't it? But that's not a Christmas film...

negative my friend - this was a short drama that won an academy award...

Santa Bruce Geron
22 minutes ago, Drosselmeyer said:

negative my friend - this was a short drama that won an academy award...

It's not the Art Carney episode of the Rod Serling show.

Drosselmeyer
53 minutes ago, Santa Bruce Geron said:

It's not the Art Carney episode of the Rod Serling show.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bf2132f494e557463

Santa Bruce Geron

I have no idea.

Please, tell us.

Drosselmeyer
On 11/14/2018 at 12:50 PM, Drosselmeyer said:

STAR IN THE NIGHT - a must see . . .     @Michael Rielly posted this awhile ago - it is absolutely a favorite now...

is a 1945 American short drama film directed by Don Siegel and starring J. Carrol Naish, Donald Woods, Rosina Galli, Dick Erdman, Lynn Baggett, Johnny Miles, and Tony Caruso. The film was Siegel's directorial debut, and won an Academy Award in 1946 for Best Short Subject (Two-Reel).[1] The film is a modern-day retelling of the Nativitystory, set on Christmas Eve at a desert motel in the Southwestern United States.

Christmas Eve in a lonely desert in the Southwestern United States: Three riding cowboys have just bought out Christmas presents from a store, although they actually don't need them. One of the cowboys says that he just had the feeling that he should buy gifts to give them to someone. The cowboys see a flashing star in the distance, which they ride over to investigate. The star is actually a second hand star, used by the Italian-American Nick Catapoli for his little motel in the desert. A mysterious hitchiker appears at Nick's motel who states that he just wants to come in from the cold for a little while. Nick and the Hitchhiker have a discussion about Christmas. While the hitchiker tries to explain the true meaning of Christmas with love, goodwill and brotherhood; Nick opposes the holiday: He thinks that people behave badly during most of the year, but then try to behave in a fake-friendly way at Christmas. Nick shows the hitchiker his motel customers as examples: Miss Roberts complains about the noise of Christmas carolers; the businessman Mr. Dilson is furious about the shirt-cleaning service that Nick uses and a travelling couple demands to get extra blankets for their room.

A young Mexican-American couple, Jose and Maria Santos, arrives at the motel hoping to get lodging. There are no cabins available, so Nick's wife Rosa accommodates them in a small shed next to the hotel. Maria is expecting a baby and is in a somewhat critical condition without a doctor. When the motel lodgers find out about Maria's approaching birth they try to help her. The lodgers forget their selfishness and now react in a social way: For example, the businessman who was angry about the poor work of the laundry on his "expensive shirt", now insists that his shirts be torn up to make bandages for the delivery when none can be located ("These will make the best bandages in the world!"), tearing up the first one himself. After the successful birth, the three cowboys appear at the motel and give their presents to the child. Nick learns that there is still goodness in the world and is now positive about Christmas. He even gives the hitchiker, who observed the situation, a cup of coffee and his coat. He wishes "Merry Christmas" to the hitchiker who now leaves the hotel. At the end, Nick sees how much the birth of the child in his shed resembles the Nativity Story and cries.

• Like 1

SCSanta
2 hours ago, Drosselmeyer said:

STAR IN THE NIGHT - a must see . . .     @Michael Rielly posted this awhile ago - it is absolutely a favorite now...

is a 1945 American short drama film directed by Don Siegel and starring J. Carrol Naish, Donald Woods, Rosina Galli, Dick Erdman, Lynn Baggett, Johnny Miles, and Tony Caruso. The film was Siegel's directorial debut, and won an Academy Award in 1946 for Best Short Subject (Two-Reel).[1] The film is a modern-day retelling of the Nativitystory, set on Christmas Eve at a desert motel in the Southwestern United States.

I agree...this is a must see! I stumbled across this as an added feature when I bought the original Christmas in Connecticut movie (which is another must see...if you like schmaltz) 

• Like 1

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 85 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 29 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.