Great Mrs. C Outfits!!

Eileen Strom

Recollections.biz is having a sale on many items, but the Dicken's Christmas Victorian Skirt is linked here. A real nice red and green plaid pattern is now available too!
And remember, they can custom fit* it (or any of their other items) to you (extra charge) if you do not fit the 30", 35", or 40" standard lengths offered.
So if anyone is looking for last minute items for their Mrs. Claus wardrobe, you need to hurry!

...and you don't need to wear a super size hoop under it to have it look nice.

My wife and I have been looking at http://www.plussizecostumeshop.com for a 2nd outfit for her.  We have decided to go with outfits in their Renaissance section rather than what's listed specifically as Christmas.  We have decided on this outfit package but with a straight waist bodice:

Plus-Size-Embroidered-Bodice-Renaissance

And replace the plaid in the picture above with this plaid and add a shawl.
plaid-tartan-2.jpg

That is one of the other places that I have on the Mrs. C links for clothing!

The outfit should look very nice when it is finished.

I'm going to have to get the bodice custom made, but plussizecostumeshop seems to have a pretty quick turn around on their outfits according to their website.  As for headwear we are looking at Tall Toad hat company and their "tall hats".  There are three green hats she likes there.  My wife has one in black that she wears to other formal occasions. 

There are only one or two Mrs. Claus outfits that we saw at the usual Santa suit sites that we liked, of course they don't come in my wife's size.

Sale on the Dicken's skirt above, ends TONIGHT at midnight P.T.

• Management

Trying to talk my Mrs. into this one:

Plus-Size-Irish-Overdress-Basic-Renaissa

There was no talking my wife in to an outfit from Plus Size Costume Shop.  I showed her the outfits listed as specifically Christmas. She liked the Irish Dress and the Caroler outfits, then started looking at the rest of the site and found several that she liked.  I told her for this year, only one.

I emailed Plus Size Costume Shop late yesterday evening with my wife's measurements for her new outfit.  Hope to hear back today. 

Both my wife and I love many things about this look, maybe not so much the actual material, and I can already see the fur getting very dirty so maybe a higher hem.  Do love the skirt, blouse, and short open waist jacket look.  I was looking for something similar for my wife, but she vetoed by saying she doesn't quite have the figure for this look.  Mrs. Claus does not wear her cleaning gowns when she goes to visit or goes to town.

I should probably also say I know nothing about the quality of this actual outfit in the picture, nor Buffalo Breath Costumes, I just like the style.

HO048_1024x1024.jpg?v=1535587065

Now through midnight 10/22 (pdt), Recollections is having on select dresses, a buy one get one at half off sale.

https://recollections.biz/clothing/BOGODressSale.html?Per_Page=48

Many of these could be nice Mrs. Claus outfits as most have a green or a red, or plaid color option that could make it Christmas looking.

And you can get them custom fit in the length, torso, bust and waist for an extra charge.

just a few more hours remain...

• Management

Well I managed to talk her into it! We ordered the Christmas Scottish Dress, but with a different plaid. 

Plus-Size-Scottish-Christmas-Plaid-Tarta

Awesome.  The dress I ordered should arrive by sometime late next week

Just an FYI for future consideration...

The 3 pc outfits (bodice, skirt, short chemise) have to have the bodice measured so that the length is long enough to go past the waist so as to cover up the top of the elastic/draw cord waistband of the skirt when standing, sitting and bending.

The 3 pc Irish version has the bodice and an attached over skirt as 1 piece. So any underskirt (piece 2) or long style chemise (piece 3) that you wear under it, only has the very front center waistband area to consider and that should be covered up at the bottom portion of the lacing area of the bodice.  

See the picture of the dark blue with red underskirt that Mike Rielly posted about 8 up from here to see the differences between the two. As you can see in the plaid one (2 up for here), the bodice is not covering up the waist band. For the websites purposes it might be that way so that you can see all the pieces better, but when actually worn, the separate bodice should cover up the waistband of the skirts.

My wife's outfit came today.  There was one slight error, they made the bodice a pointed waist instead of the straight waist as directed in the email I sent and in the confirmation reply that I received.  My wife's only concern with the pointed waist bodice is that her other bodice has square dags individually sewn to the bottom of the bodice, and these pieces curl up.  On the bodice received today, the point at the waist and the front panel are all one piece of material.  I'm thinking since it is all one piece of material, there shouldn't be any curling up of the point.  The bodice with the dags has the curling where the dags are sewn on at.  My wife is out of town until Tuesday, and will try the dress on Tuesday evening.  I did let Plus Size Costume Shop know of the issue and that my wife is not available to try on until Tuesday.

Anyways, here is a picture of the blouse, bodice, skirt, and shawl from Plus Size Costume Shop along with the hat from Tall Toad.
07XkQfo.jpg?1
8KZy3UB.jpg?1

Looks nice.

And only trying it on and wearing it for a short amount of time (standing, sitting and such), will determine if the front center point will curl.

Good luck!

Yeah I can't wait for my wife to get home on Tuesday to try everything on.  I hope the bodice that came works out because we have an antique Christmas market November 10 and 11, and she was hoping to wear this outfit.   Everything else is fine.  The bodice itself is made just fine, but not the exact style we originally ordered.

• Management

My wife's outfit came in Saturday. It's beautiful! I will have to post some pictures.

My wife put her new dress on last night and wore it for a while.  The bodice lays nice and flat and everything else fits well.  The bodice is long enough all the way around to cover the waistband of the skirt.  Here is a quick picture from last night.  As a note the bodice could be tied tighter.  I may be doing some video or pictures at my house this weekend and maybe have my wife put on the dress for her own pictures.  If not, we have an antique Christmas Market event November 10 and 11 and will definitely have pictures then.

I did tell Plus Size Costume Shop about the mistake.  They offered for me to ship the bodice back in exchange for the straight waist bodice and they would pay all shipping charges if we didn't like the fit.  Alternatively, if we did like the fit they would refund us an amount that we were happy with since it wasn't the style that was listed on the invoice and keep the bodice.  We will be keeping the bodice and are very happy with quality of the dress package and happy with their resolutions.

Kcayetx.jpg?1

Archived