Sign in to follow this  
Eileen Strom

Great Mrs. C Outfits!!

Eileen Strom

Recollections.biz is having a sale on many items, but the Dicken's Christmas Victorian Skirt is linked here. A real nice red and green plaid pattern is now available too!
And remember, they can custom fit* it (or any of their other items) to you (extra charge) if you do not fit the 30", 35", or 40" standard lengths offered.
So if anyone is looking for last minute items for their Mrs. Claus wardrobe, you need to hurry!

...and you don't need to wear a super size hoop under it to have it look nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rdpugh

My wife and I have been looking at http://www.plussizecostumeshop.com for a 2nd outfit for her.  We have decided to go with outfits in their Renaissance section rather than what's listed specifically as Christmas.  We have decided on this outfit package but with a straight waist bodice:

Plus-Size-Embroidered-Bodice-Renaissance

And replace the plaid in the picture above with this plaid and add a shawl.
plaid-tartan-2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Eileen Strom

That is one of the other places that I have on the Mrs. C links for clothing!

The outfit should look very nice when it is finished.

• Like 1

rdpugh

I'm going to have to get the bodice custom made, but plussizecostumeshop seems to have a pretty quick turn around on their outfits according to their website.  As for headwear we are looking at Tall Toad hat company and their "tall hats".  There are three green hats she likes there.  My wife has one in black that she wears to other formal occasions. 

There are only one or two Mrs. Claus outfits that we saw at the usual Santa suit sites that we liked, of course they don't come in my wife's size.

• Like 1

Eileen Strom

Sale on the Dicken's skirt above, ends TONIGHT at midnight P.T.

• Like 1

Michael Rielly

Trying to talk my Mrs. into this one:

Plus-Size-Irish-Overdress-Basic-Renaissa

• Like 5

rdpugh

There was no talking my wife in to an outfit from Plus Size Costume Shop.  I showed her the outfits listed as specifically Christmas. She liked the Irish Dress and the Caroler outfits, then started looking at the rest of the site and found several that she liked.  I told her for this year, only one.

I emailed Plus Size Costume Shop late yesterday evening with my wife's measurements for her new outfit.  Hope to hear back today. 

• Like 1

rdpugh

Both my wife and I love many things about this look, maybe not so much the actual material, and I can already see the fur getting very dirty so maybe a higher hem.  Do love the skirt, blouse, and short open waist jacket look.  I was looking for something similar for my wife, but she vetoed by saying she doesn't quite have the figure for this look.  Mrs. Claus does not wear her cleaning gowns when she goes to visit or goes to town.

I should probably also say I know nothing about the quality of this actual outfit in the picture, nor Buffalo Breath Costumes, I just like the style.

HO048_1024x1024.jpg?v=1535587065

Edited by rdpugh
  • Like 2

Eileen Strom

Now through midnight 10/22 (pdt), Recollections is having on select dresses, a buy one get one at half off sale.

https://recollections.biz/clothing/BOGODressSale.html?Per_Page=48

Many of these could be nice Mrs. Claus outfits as most have a green or a red, or plaid color option that could make it Christmas looking.

And you can get them custom fit in the length, torso, bust and waist for an extra charge.

• Like 2

Eileen Strom

just a few more hours remain...

• Like 1

Michael Rielly

Well I managed to talk her into it! We ordered the Christmas Scottish Dress, but with a different plaid. 

Plus-Size-Scottish-Christmas-Plaid-Tarta

• Like 4

rdpugh

Awesome.  The dress I ordered should arrive by sometime late next week

• Like 1

Eileen Strom

Just an FYI for future consideration...

The 3 pc outfits (bodice, skirt, short chemise) have to have the bodice measured so that the length is long enough to go past the waist so as to cover up the top of the elastic/draw cord waistband of the skirt when standing, sitting and bending.

The 3 pc Irish version has the bodice and an attached over skirt as 1 piece. So any underskirt (piece 2) or long style chemise (piece 3) that you wear under it, only has the very front center waistband area to consider and that should be covered up at the bottom portion of the lacing area of the bodice.  

See the picture of the dark blue with red underskirt that Mike Rielly posted about 8 up from here to see the differences between the two. As you can see in the plaid one (2 up for here), the bodice is not covering up the waist band. For the websites purposes it might be that way so that you can see all the pieces better, but when actually worn, the separate bodice should cover up the waistband of the skirts.

Edited by Eileen Strom
  • Like 1

rdpugh

My wife's outfit came today.  There was one slight error, they made the bodice a pointed waist instead of the straight waist as directed in the email I sent and in the confirmation reply that I received.  My wife's only concern with the pointed waist bodice is that her other bodice has square dags individually sewn to the bottom of the bodice, and these pieces curl up.  On the bodice received today, the point at the waist and the front panel are all one piece of material.  I'm thinking since it is all one piece of material, there shouldn't be any curling up of the point.  The bodice with the dags has the curling where the dags are sewn on at.  My wife is out of town until Tuesday, and will try the dress on Tuesday evening.  I did let Plus Size Costume Shop know of the issue and that my wife is not available to try on until Tuesday.

Anyways, here is a picture of the blouse, bodice, skirt, and shawl from Plus Size Costume Shop along with the hat from Tall Toad.
07XkQfo.jpg?1
8KZy3UB.jpg?1

Edited by rdpugh
  • Like 2

Eileen Strom

Looks nice.

And only trying it on and wearing it for a short amount of time (standing, sitting and such), will determine if the front center point will curl.

Good luck!

rdpugh

Yeah I can't wait for my wife to get home on Tuesday to try everything on.  I hope the bodice that came works out because we have an antique Christmas market November 10 and 11, and she was hoping to wear this outfit.   Everything else is fine.  The bodice itself is made just fine, but not the exact style we originally ordered.

Michael Rielly

My wife's outfit came in Saturday. It's beautiful! I will have to post some pictures.

• Like 4

rdpugh

My wife put her new dress on last night and wore it for a while.  The bodice lays nice and flat and everything else fits well.  The bodice is long enough all the way around to cover the waistband of the skirt.  Here is a quick picture from last night.  As a note the bodice could be tied tighter.  I may be doing some video or pictures at my house this weekend and maybe have my wife put on the dress for her own pictures.  If not, we have an antique Christmas Market event November 10 and 11 and will definitely have pictures then.

I did tell Plus Size Costume Shop about the mistake.  They offered for me to ship the bodice back in exchange for the straight waist bodice and they would pay all shipping charges if we didn't like the fit.  Alternatively, if we did like the fit they would refund us an amount that we were happy with since it wasn't the style that was listed on the invoice and keep the bodice.  We will be keeping the bodice and are very happy with quality of the dress package and happy with their resolutions.

Kcayetx.jpg?1

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this  

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 31 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.