Felix Estridge

The Christmas Chronicles - Second Trailer (more content!)

Felix Estridge

Netflix released their 2nd trailer to the new moving coming on out 11/22, The Christmas Chronicles.  It gives us a LOT more content than the first trailer.

• Like 1

Michael Rielly

Grrr.

rdpugh

I'm at work and can't see the video.  Being on Netflix has me greatly concerned. 

Edited by rdpugh

Felix Estridge
4 minutes ago, Michael Rielly said:

Grrr.

...inch.

• Haha 2

Drosselmeyer

I think this looks like a lot of fun - I am excited to see it

Michael Rielly

Not thrilled with the cheesy Minions aka elves...

• Like 1

Steve Fletcher

I thought it was a fun interpretation.

Drosselmeyer
2 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

Not thrilled with the cheesy Minions aka elves...

agreed - a lot of the movie will be CGI - but the elves just don't look right - but I am pretty sure plenty of kids will be referencing the movie (and asking about Santa's fat butt) after this comes out....

Drosselmeyer

just want to say 

showed this clip to my son 

he commented that he can "totally see that being you as Santa"

I think that is a compliment....

but hey - I have a 17 year old son who still likes to hang out with his old man, even when he suits up for Santa !   :thumbup2:

• Like 2

Pjork

Just watched the movie (it's 10:30 pm) in the Netherlands. It was fun, I was amazed by the CGI, I laught, and at the end had a tear. Kurt Russell made a nice Santa, I like his suit a lot, I believe in him as a marvel comic Santa. But it's quite far from the traditional Santa Claus I want to be!  

Santa Everett

Just finished watching the movie and I'm not impressed. Sorry, I'm just a bit old fashion and this one is definitely  not my cup of tea. One item marked off my bucket list by saying been there done that but never again. Way overboard and out of line with my interpretation of Santa Claus and the mystic that surrounds him.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

Edited by Santa Everett
Spelling
  • Like 1

David Dixon

I just watched the movie. It was very different, but I liked it!

Michael Rielly

Watched it today. Not a big fan of how they turned Santa's Elves into gremlins with tails. A little creepy if you ask me.

• Like 1

Michael Rielly
2 hours ago, Santa Everett said:

Just finished watching the movie and I'm not impressed. Sorry, I'm just a bit old fashion and this one is definitely  not my cup of tea. One item marked off my bucket list by saying been there done that but never again. Way overboard and out of line with my interpretation of Santa Claus and the mystic that surrounds him.:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I'm with you Everett.

Santa Bill Reiller

We don't do Netflix so I will have to wait.  I agree with the look of the elves.  Do not really care for the look at all.

• Like 1

Schwindy

If we had Netflix I'd give it a shot, but I don't so I can't. From what little I saw of the movie clips, it wasn't enough to get me to want to sign up for it. We had Netflix for four of the months after my third rotator cuff surgery and I was told to DO NOTHING for the first 3 months after surgery. Don't see me signing back up as nothing too new except the movies that go right to them directly. Not worth the $10 a month when your not working. 

SantaShawnH

It was a fun movie.  I watched it this morning (and don't have a Netflix account).  The elves threw me a little but they're for the children watching and I understand the choice.  I like Kurt Russell's look though the slight snarkiness wasn't quite what I expect from Santa.  

It may just be me, but I hoped for a fancier sleigh.  This one was very utilitarian and I'd never have glimpsed at it and thought "Santa." 

On a related note, Rudolph was conspicuously absent.  As in The Santa Clause, I'm assuming that it's a copyright issue.

I do like how they explained Santa's speed and ability to travel around the world in a single night.  Kurt Russell's Santa was a very magical being.      

• Like 1

rdpugh

I would love to see this, but not going to give money to Netflix.

SantaShawnH

One word:  torrent

Eileen Strom

Mixed feelings...

Elves: :thumbdown:

Reindeer, explaining the way Santa could travel all over the globe, general overall storyline: :thumbsup:

Costuming: :thumbup:

Santas snarky behavior: :sc_hmm:

But his overall view of Christmas spirit: :clap:

Do I feel it ranks up there with other Santa based Christmas classics: :sc_hmm:

Would I watch it again: :popcorn:

Having Goldie as Mrs. Claus as a surprise at the end: :thumbsup:

• Like 6

SantaT

We had a wee gathering last night (middle east time) to watch this "Christmas Chronicles" and get into the spirit of things!

The movie was amusing and we all liked Kurt Russel as a Santa and his outfit.

But.....

Yes we all agreed, what the heck are the Gremlins doing in the movie! They were a little creepy and reminded us most definitely of scenes from various gremlin movies!

Though I suppose they were attempting to give a kind of Scandinavian feel to them?

Overall about 7/10 was the general consensus, the movie may well have just come out but it felt like it could have been out for years and made a good Sunday afternoon movie at home.

• Like 1

Drosselmeyer
3 hours ago, Eileen Strom said:

Mixed feelings...

Elves: :thumbdown:

Reindeer, explaining the way Santa could travel all over the globe, general overall storyline: :thumbsup:

Costuming: :thumbup:

Santas snarky behavior: :sc_hmm:

But his overall view of Christmas spirit: :clap:

Do I feel it ranks up there with other Santa based Christmas classics: :sc_hmm:

Would I watch it again: :popcorn:

Having Goldie as Mrs. Claus as a surprise at the end: :thumbsup:

gonna agree with @Eileen Strom on this one - we watched it - had some fun - it was cute but snarky - of course Christmas spirit wins out in the end - and of course Santa knew that all along - will probably add to the library and watch again

Santa TJS

Watched it, it was Ok ,the elves with Gremlin like appearance I did not like. The sleigh looked like an old wooden boat with runners. How soon will we see Santa's leather outfit recreated and his watch copied and up for sale?

• Like 4

Drosselmeyer
13 minutes ago, Santa TJS said:

Watched it, it was Ok ,the elves with Gremlin like appearance I did not like. The sleigh looked like an old wooden boat with runners. How soon will we see Santa's leather outfit recreated and his watch copied and up for sale?

my Father Christmas robes are a little more rustic - so I am halfway there - but I expect by next season you will be seeing that style outfit and the watch quite a bit...

Santa Roberts

I watched it last night. I enjoyed the costuming, it reminded me of David Huddleston.  I’m on the fence about the gauntlets though. I thought the elves were cute in and of themselves, but they didn’t make me think of Santa’s elves. The sleigh was disappointing. I really enjoyed the little girl’s first interaction with the reindeer and I liked the way they were portrayed.  I enjoyed Russell’s performance, but he just didn’t look like Santa to me. 

On a positive note, I did like that he portrayed Santa as a physically fit guy. 

• Like 1

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• George Washington's 1789 Thanksgiving Proclamation
      On October 3, 1789, President George Washington issued a proclamation naming Thursday, November 26, 1789, a national day of Thanksgiving.

In it, Washington called upon all Americans to express their gratitude for a happy conclusion to the nation's war of independence and the successful ratification of the United States Constitution. Especially this year, as we prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving, we should reflect on the full meaning of the day. Let’s strive to be truly thankful in our hearts this Thanksgiving.

What better way to enter the holiday season?
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Coping With Depression Before and After The Christmas Season
      With all of the joy, love, wonder, and excitement that Christmas brings the "professional" Santa; it can, for some, bring a bit of sadness, anxiety, and overall depression too. Now, many might think, "What!? How can Santa be depressed...it's Christmas!" but it truly can happen and it's good to inventory those feelings and problem solve what an appropriate solution might be.
      • 3 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 1 reply
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 68 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 29 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2018 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.