Michael Rielly

Featured Member of the Month - January 2019

Michael Rielly

Each month, our Featured Member section profiles a ClausNet member. Members are chosen totally at random by me and the staff. Once selected as Featured Member of the Month, we interview the candidate and post the interview here. This is a wonderful way to get to know your fellow ClausNet members!

We are happy to announce our ClausNet Featured Member for January 2019 is Biker Claus!

Biker Claus
Featured ClausNet Member – January 2019

dave

dave

Profile: Biker Claus
ClausNet member since: 7 January 2013
Community Reputation (as of today): 12 – Nice!
Facebook: @david.lovato.9809

January

Our first featured ClausNet member of the month for 2019 comes to us from Albuquerque, New Mexico! Biker Santa aka Santa David joined ClausNet back in 2013. We caught up with Santa Dave a few days ago, and here is what he had to say...

ClausNet: How long have you been portraying Santa Claus and how did you get started?
Biker Claus: "Since 1983 - 35 years. I remember that my uncle had rented out a suit and was Santa at our house he used my bedroom to undress so I saw the suit on my bed and just for the fun of it I put it on and was Santa for the neighbors I was hooked ever since."

dave

ClausNet: What or who are your influences on your portrayal of Santa Claus?
Biker Claus: "Hmmm. I must say like everyone else, it would be Edmund Gwenn from Miracle on 34th Street; that and Nicholas from Rise of the Guardians. What a mix right?"

ClausNet: What do you enjoy most about being Santa Claus?
Biker Claus: "It’s hard to say. There is so much about it that I like. I think it’s mostly the look in the kid’s eyes when they see you and believe."

ClausNet: What is your most memorable visit?
Biker Claus: "Wow that’s a hard one. There have been so many. I guess I would have to say when I met a little 11 year old girl at Walmart 10 years ago. I still think about it today. I was trying to talk to her and her little brother keep on interrupting. I finally turned to him and told him that he had to wait his turn, he then told me “Santa she is deaf and cannot hear me”. I told him sorry you did a good thing telling me. So I put her down and signed Merry Christmas have you been good and what is it that you would like for Christmas. She spoke so fast in sign her mom couldn’t keep up. I was told that they went to the mall to see Santa, but he couldn’t sign so that was not the real Santa the mother started to cry and thank over and over again. I always wonder about her."

ClausNet: Do you have a favorite gig?
Biker Claus: "My favorite would have to be my hardest one that I do. Kirkland Air Force Base pulls in kids from all the low income community centers around the area. They feed them, show them a petting zoo, see Santa and get a toy we see about 3 thousand people in one day."

ClausNet: What is your dream gig?
Biker Claus: "I’m not really sure. I guess it would be the next one. Haha! I do have a sort of Santa bucket list: parade, work 1 week at a mall, 1 out of state visit, and 1 out of country visit."

dave

ClausNet: What keeps you busy when you are not being Santa?
Biker Claus: "Riding my bike (motorcycle) and working on my next Santa idea. Yes, I know. I am close to being obsessed. I guess I’m in good company."

ClausNet: What are your hobbies / interests?
Biker Claus: "Santa, Motorcycles, Music, Food. Did I say Santa?"

ClausNet: What is your favorite color?
Biker Claus: "Purple for most, burgundy for the suit."

dave

ClausNet: What is your favorite food?
Biker Claus: "Are you kidding? I’m Santa size. There’s not much I don’t like. But if I have to pick one it would be lasagna. It has to be homemade!"

ClausNet: Coke or Pepsi?
Biker Claus: "Sorry guys, I have to say Pepsi."

ClausNet: What is your favorite cookie?
Biker Claus: "There will have to be two different ones: Biscotto’s and white chocolate macadamia nut."

ClausNet: What is your favorite movie?
Biker Claus: "It’s not a movie but a show Doctor Who."

ClausNet: Do you have a favorite Christmas movie?
Biker Claus: "Miracle on 34th Street, The Rise of the Guardians, and Scrooge."

ClausNet: What is your favorite Christmas song?
Biker Claus: "Easy one. Elvi’s Santa’s Back In Town."

ClausNet: What was the last book that you read?
Biker Claus: "The Last Christmas of Ebenezer Scrooge."

ClausNet: What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Biker Claus: "I would love to be a singer, but I can’t sing."

ClausNet: What profession would you not like to attempt?
Biker Claus: "Sky diving. You can only fail once."

ClausNet: What were some of your favorite toys as a child?
Biker Claus: "As a child it would be G.I. Joe and now, Transformers. They are just cool. Yes I still play with toys.I loved Lincoln Logs! I loved to build forts with them for my little green army men."

ClausNet: What is your most memorable experience of Santa while growing up?
Biker Claus: "When I was growing up, I really don’t remember meeting up with any Santas. I do remember going to the North Pole at Pikes pick and fighting with an Elf on top of the North Pole. I think we were fighting over if I was Naughty or Nice."

dave

ClausNet: What is the hardest question you have gotten as Santa Claus and what was your response?
Biker Claus: "It would have to be when I visited a children's hospital. There was a child in a room that none of us could go in. We just had to wave to him from outside. This kid about 8 or so I'm assuming. His bother asked if I could make his brother better. I had to tell him that even with all my abilities there are some things even I cannot do, but I do know someone who is a lot more powerful than I am and I will pray and ask him to help. After that I had to leave and be by myself for a while. I did learn a lesson that being Santa is not just all fun, there can be a lot of heartbreak."

ClausNet: How did you find ClausNet?
Biker Claus: "I heard about it from Facebook through another Santa."

ClausNet: And what do you like most about ClausNet?
Biker Claus: "I like all the info you could get from other Santas, plus great ideas for your outfit and what things you could do for entertainment at your visits. I also like the idea that there was no competition. Everyone helped for the greater good."

ClausNet: Is there a Santa or Mrs. Claus over the years that you admire or has inspired you? Can you tell us a little bit about him/her?
Biker Claus: "Santa Brain Voyles has been great to bounce ideas off and get ideas. Santa Marty was great for getting ideas of outfits. I took his idea for the brass on my boots."

ClausNet: What advice can you give to a first time Santa or Mrs. Claus?
Biker Claus: "Above everything else, be kind and have fun. Don’t try to be perfect. You never will be, so just enjoy being there in the moment."

ClausNet: Anything else you would like to add?
Biker Claus: "I would like to say thank you to ClausNet. I feel like this is a great honor to be recognize by your own peers."

Thank you David! Everyone, please join me in congratulating Biker Claus, our ClausNet Featured Member of the Month for January 2019!

dave

• Like 4

Santa Ed K

Congratulations! Well done

Santa Mike IN

Congratulations.

Felix Estridge

Congratulations and welcome to the MOTM Club!

Kevin Fast

Congratulations 

Santa Peter

:congrats:

and welcome to the MOTM club

Santa Bill Reiller

Congratulations Biker!!!!   Welcome to the MOTM Club!!!

Hubcity Santa

Congratulations!!!

Jason2274

Wonderful interview. Biker Claus, if you ever come to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, look me up. It would be an honor to meet you. The rally is down the road from my house.

Edited by Jason2274

Drosselmeyer

:groupwavereversed::congrats::groupwavereversed:

DeputyDogRick

Congratulations Santa job well done

Santa Steve H

congratulations confetti GIF

Eileen Strom

Welcome to the club!

SCSanta

Congratulations and Welcome to the MOtM Club!

Santa Johnny Boy

Congratulations, Santa Dave, on a well deserved honor!

Tommy

Congratulations!! Wonderful interview!!!

Santa Brian of SC

Congratulations my brother in red. Chat with you on Facebook message..

Biker Claus

i would like to thank everyone i feel that this is a great honor something I need to add to my Santa bucket list and scratch off to be recognized by my peers.     

Big-Un

Congratulations and welcome to the "Club." You and I have a few things in common, especially praying with them for a request we can't honor. Keep up the good work!

Santa Bruce Geron

Congratualtions.jpg.abd43a368e16926947c862f7b2429be1.jpg

magicsantaphil

Loved the interview and congratulations! 

Bestemor Claus

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 31 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.