Jump to content

Twitter Bans the Star of David


Elf Hermey
 Share

Recommended Posts

Twitter is locking the accounts of users who display the Star of David in their profile image or header, deeming it “hateful imagery.” The London-based nonprofit Campaign Against Antisemitism said several Twitter users have contacted them recently to report thatRead more

View the full article

  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the article: "Why is this applicable to Christmas?"   Um, Jesus Christ is of the House of David.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smells of antisemitism. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone else long for the days when the phone was attached to the wall, NASA was the only one with a computer, and we had one T.V. in the house and four channels and the news was only on 3 times a day?

  • Like 8
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Management

I am really getting tired of the cancel culture crowd...

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

🥵🥵

15 minutes ago, Michael Rielly said:

I am really getting tired of the cancel culture crowd...

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Michael Rielly said:

I am really getting tired of the cancel culture crowd...

These folks are filled with hate. There is no other way to describe it. Only hate can enrage an individual as many of the cancel culture seem to be enraged

 And, that hate helps explain how the Star of David could offend. It's the Star of the Savior who can take away the hate, pain, and anguish.

We must pray that what is in the dark will be brought into the light.

Edited by Black Hills Santa
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Black Hills Santa said:

These folks are filled with hate. There is no other way to describe it. Only hate can enrage an individual as many of the cancel culture seem to be enraged

 And, that hate helps explain how the Star of David could offend. It's the Star of the Savior who can take away the hate, pain, and anguish.

We must pray that what is in the dark will be brought into the light.

Reckless hate can't be allowed to prevail 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Twitter said it was an accident. Much ado about nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Santa Ross W said:

Twitter is now back-peddling, saying it was a mistake.

 

You're damn right it was a mistake!  Thank God people spoke up, and had this thing reversed.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Management
5 hours ago, RusticSanta said:

Twitter said it was an accident. Much ado about nothing. 

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2020 at 6:26 PM, Black River Santa said:

Does anyone else long for the days when the phone was attached to the wall <<<<<<<<<<<snipped>>>>>>>>>>>>and we had one T.V. in the house and four channels and the news was only on 3 times a day?

It is STILL ALL I HAVE!
Really!
We have a pay as you go VERY OLD cell phone that
Doesn't flip / fold

No screen to it other than to read the caller ID
We were going to use her work smart phone
if we were going to Disney this year.
But Disney cancelled us, and I'm off the hook to having to get one!
So back to
WALL MOUNT PHONE
Kitchen
Cordless Phones
Front room & basement

I'm just NOT THAT
important enough to have one of those fancy phones!
LOL!

Edited by Schwindy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

They were trying to rid cases of anti-semitism and accidentally caught some other accounts by mistake.  They explained, apologized, and unlocked the accounts after they (twitter) were notified of the mistake.  So how does that make them anti-semitic in any way shape or form? 

It seems one can either believe twitter in that it was a  mistake or believe twitter was simultaneously both anti-semitic and pro-semitic.  My sense of logic leads me to conclude it was an accident, probably due to automated recognition software. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Schwindy said:

It is STILL ALL I HAVE!
Really!
We have a pay as you go VERY OLD cell phone that
Doesn't flip / fold

No screen to it other than to read the caller ID
We were going to use her work smart phone
if we were going to Disney this year.
But Disney cancelled us, and I'm off the hook to having to get one!
So back to
WALL MOUNT PHONE
Kitchen
Cordless Phones
Front room & basement

I'm just NOT THAT
important enough to have one of those fancy phones!
LOL!

People can't believe it when I tell them I don't have a cell phone. My wife and daughter have one but if it were up to me, I'd still be using carrier pigeons.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Black River Santa said:

People can't believe it when I tell them I don't have a cell phone. My wife and daughter have one but if it were up to me, I'd still be using carrier pigeons.

I am in the same situation. Very few of my college students believe me. (or colleagues for that matter) No Cell Phone, No Facebook, Twitter, etc. ad nauseum either. Just email, ClausNet and my Santa website

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, RusticSanta said:

They were trying to rid cases of anti-semitism and accidentally caught some other accounts by mistake.  They explained, apologized, and unlocked the accounts after they (twitter) were notified of the mistake.  So how does that make them anti-semitic in any way shape or form? 

It seems one can either believe twitter in that it was a  mistake or believe twitter was simultaneously both anti-semitic and pro-semitic.  My sense of logic leads me to conclude it was an accident, probably due to automated recognition software. 

It's the timing. While Twitter is censoring some for their political views and let's be honest, the issues of Israel and the Middle East are political. Since the Star of David is Israel's symbol, it does make one think it's perhaps not an accident.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SCSanta said:

I am in the same situation. Very few of my college students believe me. (or colleagues for that matter) No Cell Phone, No Facebook, Twitter, etc. ad nauseum either. Just email, ClausNet and my Santa website

Patrick:

    I tell my Mother, brother, & lots of my "friends" I don't need, nor do I want a cell phone, smart phone, any kind of phone other than the one that hooks into the house. I can typically count on one hand in a years time, the times I say, boy I wish I had a phone with me RIGHT NOW. RARELY IF EVER, do I say that. And ask people who rely on their phone for someones number by heart! LOL LOL LOL FORGET IT! IT DOESN'T HAPPEN! SMART PHONE maybe but it certainly doesn't help the mind of the one using it.  

Edited by Schwindy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RusticSanta said:

probably due to automated recognition software. 

Someone had to write that software, and I bet they were paid by Twitter.

Don't get me started on the irresponsible misuse of recognition software. Too many horror stories, including a personal one of my own.  I wonder what would happen if someone accused Santa Claus? How many of us would be hauled off to jail? Ho Ho Ho!

 

Edited by Santa Ross W
addition
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The automatic speech recognition has a lot to answer for. I run a business called Murder Most Foul. We stage murder mystery dinners in hotels and other venues. But I cannot use that business name on Facebook as they will not allow the word “murder”. I emailed them to explain, their auto word recognition continued with their auto email, and the standard email reply refused my explanation. I cannot find any other way to get a human response and the FB tag of MMostFoul is now recognised.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

Post your pictures and comments here daily!

  • Donations

    All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

    Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

      Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

      Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

      This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

      By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

      No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

      The 5 Second Rule

      I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
        • Like
      • 5 replies
    • If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

      Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
        • Love
        • Like
      • 26 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
        • Like
      • 8 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Love
        • Like
      • 3 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

      However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

      Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

      That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
        • Like
      • 1 reply
×
×
  • Create New...