Ep. 1 - Kids' questions and the history of ClausNet

Michael Rielly

Michael Rielly

Welcome to our premier episode of the ClausNet Podcast!

In this show we’ll take a look at some of the latest Santa news, we’ll answer a question from the big chair as well as discuss some ideas for your upcoming season and have a chat with ClausNet founder, Michael Rielly. It’s all coming up on The ClausNet Podcast!

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4
Black Hills Santa

Really good. Fantastic job!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Michael Rielly
21 minutes ago, Black Hills Santa said:

Really good. Fantastic job!

Yes! Already excited for Episode 2! :D

• Like 3
  • Love 1
Rob Thompson
13 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

Welcome to our premier episode of the ClausNet Podcast! In this show we’ll take a look at some of the latest Santa news, we’ll answer a question from the big chair as well as discuss some ideas for your upcoming season and have a chat with ClausNet founder, Michael Rielly. It’s all coming up on The ClausNet Podcast!

Great job. Really enjoyed the podcast, it adds a new dimension to the website.

I'm looking forward to the next one :)

Edited by Rob Thompson
typo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Drosselmeyer

downloaded and listened to it last night - FANTASTIC

thanks for all your hard work @RadioSanta - you have a great radio voice !!

WELL DONE !!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
JollyFatMan

Fantastic work, @RadioSanta and @Michael Rielly! One episode in and it's already stacking up to be my favourite Christmas 'cast,

Couldn't help but notice that my little Santa voicemail came right after my little ad--sorry if that's a little too much JollyFatMan in a row for y'all. 😉

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Santa Bill III

@RadioSanta,

I tried to listen to the Podcast yesterday on my IPad, but it kept stopping and I couldn’t get past the midway commercials.

Today I was able to listen to the whole thing on my IPhone on the way to my first gig of the season at Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster PA (it was raining here all day, it was slow, but it was good for me to get back into the swing of being Santa, I missed last year)

WOW!  It was great, keep up the good work.  I can’t wait until the next one.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
RadioSanta

I'm so happy you are enjoying the podcast and I look forward to your input as we go forward! Thank you all!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
RadioSanta
2 hours ago, VancouverSanta said:

This is extraordinary. We're lucky to have @RadioSanta. Thanks for retiring!

Lol!!! Who knew retirement could be this fun!

• Like 3
Black River Santa

Well done! This is a wonderful addition to Clausnet. Really enjoyed it!

• Like 1
Black River Santa
On 12/3/2020 at 10:24 PM, Michael Rielly said:

Yes! Already excited for Episode 2! :D

Really enjoyed your interview! The workshop in Bristol sounds amazing.

• Like 1
Michael Rielly
2 hours ago, Black River Santa said:

Really enjoyed your interview! The workshop in Bristol sounds amazing.

IMG_4462.jpg

Santa.jpg

127274700_4168134076535744_1031951906528218300_o.jpg

128163523_4168134273202391_7486357245668583747_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1
Eileen Strom

Nice job!

• Like 1
Black River Santa
On 12/5/2020 at 7:50 PM, Michael Rielly said:

IMG_4462.jpg

Santa.jpg

127274700_4168134076535744_1031951906528218300_o.jpg

128163523_4168134273202391_7486357245668583747_o.jpg

Amazing! It's like a LIVING old-fashioned store Christmas window. 

• Like 2
Jerry Nebel

Bravo

Well done RadioSanta. 

Are you aware of NORPAC the IBRBS chapter here in the PNW? http://www.norpac-santas.org/ Come join us at our next virtual meet up.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Felix Estridge

How do I listen on my mobile device?  Do I have to go to the website to access it or is it available on a podcast app?

Black Hills Santa
29 minutes ago, Felix Estridge said:

How do I listen on my mobile device?  Do I have to go to the website to access it or is it available on a podcast app?

I went to clausnet and clicked on the podcast logo. I was then able to listen to it off the site and able to download it onto my phone.

RadioSanta
1 hour ago, Felix Estridge said:

Felix...since the podcast is only available to ClausNet members it's not available on iTunes, Spotify, etc. You can, like Black Hills Santa said, just click on the logo in the right sidebar of ClausNet or click the link below in my response. Then you can either play it from there or download it. See the screen shot below.

If you still have problems...email me!!

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 12.34.05 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Michael Rielly pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
Santa TJS

Well done , loved listening to the podcasts

• Michael Rielly changed the title to Ep. 1 - Kids' questions and the history of ClausNet
  • Similar Content

• Michael Rielly
      By Michael Rielly
      In the February show...
      Santa News: Mike Rielly discusses the ClausNet Forum update Answers from the Big Chair: We take a look at the ever-changing Santa story Feature Interview: A chat with the Legendary Santa, Phil Wenz Sponsors
      Santa’s Tailor
      Bespoke clothing to look like the best Santa Claus you can be. Wear clothing, not a costume with SantasTailor.com
      Patron Donation
      SantaFredNY - Fred Bulmer
    • Michael Rielly
      By Michael Rielly
      In the January show...
      Santa News: How social distancing and the pandemic affected us Answers from the Big Chair: Does Santa Ever Die? What you had to say… Feature Interview: A conversation with Eileen Strom about taking care of our Santa suits. North Pole Marketplace: What worked and what didn’t work this year? AND...A very special surprise!
    • Trever
      By Trever
      It is without a doubt that I am very excited and happy to announce that Santa Johnathan Burton, host of The Professional Santa Claus Podcast will be our special guest speaker Saturday October 6th at our 9th Annual Northwest Santa Workshop. The annual event is held at Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, WA and is a two day event Oct 5th & 6th. This year we have announced two $250 scholarships will be awarded to NORPAC members to attend the workshop. Registrations and room bookings with be opening soon - stay tuned for more details. 

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Love
      • 2 replies
    • If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 26 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 3 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Love
      • 3 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply