‘NO GUNS’: Santa Scolds Little Boy and Leaves Him in Tears After He Asks for a Nerf Gun for Christmas

Black Hills Santa

‘NO GUNS’: Santa Scolds Little Boy and Leaves Him in Tears After He Asks for a Nerf Gun for Christmas

NOTE: THIS ARTICLE IS FROM A NEWS AGGREGATE SITE. THE POINT OF ME POSTING THIS IS TO ENSURE THAT NO SANTA I AM AFFILIATED WITH BEHAVES LIKE THIS. THIS IS NO WAY FOR ANY SANTA ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME TO BEHAVE. PERIOD.

1-782-600x369.jpg

The Gateway Pundit
Dec 7, 2020

EXCERPT:

"... hired to play Santa Claus left a little boy in tears after he scolded him for asking for a Nerf Gun for Christmas.

After the child tells him that he wants the toy, the activist tells him “no, no guns.”

The mother of the boy steps in to clarify to the man that her boy said a Nerf Gun, which is a toy.

“Nope, not even a Nerf Gun,” the activist Santa replies. “Nope. If your dad wants to get it for you that’s fine, but I can’t bring it to you,” he says, not knowing if the child’s father is even in his life or not.

SOURCE: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/12/no-guns-leftist-santa-scolds-little-boy-leaves-tears-asks-nerf-gun-christmas-video/

Edited by Michael Rielly
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 3

Amazing..  simply unreal. When the child begins to cry you can here Santa say, "don't cry" and then telling other people its ok. He then asks the child "What do you think" in a tone which is akin to a direct order. For heavens sake what does he expect. This is wrong on so many levels, and as Black Hills said, the presumption that the child has a father..... dreadful/ Im sure the children waiting their turn to visit him were somewhat anxious. Not a great memory of Santa set here and a poor advert for us all. :( :(:( 

I often have children ask for Nerf guns and the only thing I ask them to promise is not to shoot at anyone's face. advising them (If the circumstance allows) that Granddads rear end is usually a good target and he is unlikely to catch up with you afterwards :)

Edited by Rob Thompson
typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is not Santa's place to be pro or con guns. It is his job to listen to the child, communicate with the child, and to allow the parents to dictate whether firearms of any sort are proper for the child. It's that easy. This Santa became an advocate and violated a behavior code. I am just mad about this. This behavior makes us all look bad.

• Like 6

When similar situations arise whether guns, pet tigers etc, I will generally tell the child, that I cant promise to bring everything they wish for, but I promise they will be happy with the gifts they do receive. In essence, as you say, leave the option where it should be, with the parents.

• Like 7

what a jerk.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Eileen Strom said:

what a jerk.

Is that a polite understatement :) 

• Like 1

I live in an area, and come from an area, that it is not unusual for children to get toy guns for Christmas, and the older ones get BB or pellet guns.  Usually the children are beyond Santa believe age before they get .22 rifles or shotguns.  Even though I know that the child will most likely get the gun for Christmas I always say that I have to check with their parents if that is okay.  I never say no or yes. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

Is that a polite understatement :) 

About as polite as I could make it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Eileen Strom said:

About as polite as I could make it.

DITTO

• Like 1

A nerf gun is a toy!!!  I have had children ask for BB guns and my standard reply is to ask, "will you be careful with it?"  I always end with, "I'll do my best."  

• Like 4

Santa definitely overstepped his bounds there.  Some really good advice on this thread.  Santa needs to be Santa for everyone, regardless if he disagrees with them. 

After my initial reaction above I did have a flashback to "you'll shoot your eye out kid" - and then using his boot to push him down the slide.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

OK SO WOW!

I have been asked for A "Tommy Gun", and or a "Toy machine gun" as well as "BB hand gun and of course the Red Rider riffle". I've learned these request sometimes came from out of NO WHERE! But I typically always throw it back to the parents or guardians of that child. A simple well, I got to get the permission of Mom AND Dad or whoever the guardians are  ..... and follow it up with, because sometimes even toy guns aren't OK with Mom & Dad and I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND, ....... ........ THEIR HOUSE THEIR RULES!  That typically gets me off the hook and all the power back to the head of the household. 

But to come out and say NO NO, NO GUNS, SILLY RABBIT YOU DON'T GET TO MAKE UP THE RULES! So very sad to see how things are going NOW A DAYS and HOW THINGS ARE BEING HANDLED THROUGH POLITICS and someone wearing the RED SUIT!!

Edited by Schwindy
  • Like 2

No matter what I would say I will see what I can do.

• Like 3

I'm kinda speechless here...which is really hard to do. Someone should take away his jingle bells and ask that he retire his reindeer. We don't need that!

• Like 2

• Michael Rielly changed the title to ‘NO GUNS’: Santa Scolds Little Boy and Leaves Him in Tears After He Asks for a Nerf Gun for Christmas
  • Management

Simple fix.

Someone tell that child (and everyone there) that he is NOT Santa Claus. He is just a mean and bitter person with no joy in his heart for anyone or anything -- including Christmas. And that the real Santa Claus would never allow himself to be portrayed in this way.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just did some snooping and this jack wagon was apparently fired immediately thereafter. Yet, the damage is done. Another Santa, apparently a professional, has stepped in, name not disclosed, to help right this wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Sadly, this Santa could buy liability insurance, pass an FBI fingerprinting and background check, with flying colors. (There's probably a "go fund me" page set up for his dismissal reimbursement package.) Seeing the tyke crying on a shoulder makes we want to cry too. Then I want to...

• Like 1

• Management
1 hour ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

Then I want to...

kick his a$$

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Felix Estridge said:

kick his a$$

You want me to swing by Texas and pick you up?  I'll drive. 

I'm blown away by the blinders on this man.  I can certainly understand that some people do not agree with personally owned firearms of varying degrees or not at all, in the same vein that I do not agree with personally owned unicorns....His adamant NO to a toy request... is unbelievable.  I'm going to stop now as I'll get even more angry.  

The person who should be horsewhipped, as Edmund Gwen would say,  has been fired.  Apparently the kid and his family are now distributing the insane amount of nerf guns that he has been receiving to other kids.   

Edited by YoungSC
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, YoungSC said:

You want me to swing by Texas and pick you up?  I'll drive. 

I'm blown away by the blinders on this man.  I can certainly understand that some people do not agree with personally owned firearms of varying degrees or not at all, in the same vein that I do not agree with personally owned unicorns....His adamant NO to a toy request... is unbelievable.  I'm going to stop now as I'll get even more angry.  

The person who should be horsewhipped, as Edmund Gwen would say,  has been fired.  Apparently the kid and his family are now distributing the insane amount of nerf guns that he has been receiving to other kids.   

More Nerf guns will be sold now than ever before. 😜

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Black Hills Santa said:

More Nerf guns will be sold now than ever before. 😜

I want one. I think my TX. LTC covers it.

• Like 1

The whole situation is very sad indeed. I truly believe that people seem to be forgetting the spirt of Christmas. Santa is the one adult that can bring magic and joy to all especially during these trying times. All he had to say was I will talk to the Nerf elves department and see what we can do, or something along those lines. I am sure he did not want to make a child cry. However, the damage was done. It was good to see that the Mall corrected the problem and hopefully restored the faith in Santa and Christmas Spirt to the child. We need more Magic and less Bürgermeister, Meisterbüger. 

Burgermeister.jpg

• Like 1

follow up to the little boy!! The REAL Santa comes through...

• Like 5
  • Love 4

One of the head lines states, "Politically correct Santa says no to Nerf Gun"

Being honest here, I am not a supporter of guns, but this is my personal view and accept that other parents have their own views. Re 'Politically correctness', when my daughter was a toddler both my wife and I decided we would not purchase or encouraged toy guns etc... "New wave parents what"!

We spoke to our daughter about it etc... but some weeks later she is playing in the garden with a few friends, all with sticks in hands shouting, 'Bang Bang' ! Reality check for parents!! Our intention was positive, but the reality was somewhat misguided. Lesson learned, children will find a way, we can only guide them and hope for the best :) 

Anyway, the bottom line, for me, is this is the domain of parents an hopefully responsible parents, not the domain of Santa or other parents

• Like 1

Another yikes! Again, I'm pretty left minded, but can't imagine behaving this way if a child ever told me they wanted a gun,

I'd probably say something like "let Santa talk to your family first, but make sure to be a good child and stay on the nice list", as I know lots of parents who don't want their children to have toy guns.

I'd never say "no" to any request, no matter what the ask. The above response could likely be used for lots of requests: Puppy, Kitty, pet Lizard, Trip to Disney, Go Kart, Pocket Knife, etc.

• Like 1

Thank you so much Eileen, I needed this.

15 minutes ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

Thank you so much Eileen, I needed this.

My wife and I watched the home visit you shared, and noticed that the Santa teared up at one point, as did we.

4-year-old says 'bad Santa' denied his request for Nerf gun for Christmas at Illinois mall

Mom tells 'Fox & Friends' mall Santa 'shamed' her son

By Talia Kaplan | Fox News      12/9/2020
clint-eastwood-nerf-the-good-the-bad-and

Michael DeCarlo, 4, called the Illinois mall Santa Claus who rejected his request for a Nerf gun for Christmas a "bad Santa" on “Fox & Friends” on Wednesday.

DeCarlo appeared with his parents, Michael and Sabella, who described what happened to their son at the Harlem Irving Plaza in Norridge and blasted the employee, who was reportedly dubbed 'Woke Santa’ on social media, for denying their son’s request.

“Even if he doesn't agree with Nerf guns or guns, that's fine, but it's not his job to tell my son ‘no.’ It’s my job to tell my son ‘no,’” Sabella said.  

“And I clearly reassured [Santa] that it was okay so he could have just glazed over it and moved on. I feel like he shamed my son for his choice in toys,” she added.  

The New York Post reported that “the politically correct” mall Santa told DeCarlo that he wouldn’t bring him the toy, which caused the 4-year-old to cry. The exchange was captured on video taken by his grandmother and was then posted on Facebook and went viral.

The video shows the Santa denying DeCarlo’s request, saying, “Nope, no guns.’’

When his mother clarified that he was asking for a Nerf gun, he said, ‘Nope, not even a Nerf gun.’

“If your dad wants to get it for you that’s fine, but I can’t bring it to you,” he added. He then asked DeCarlo what else he would like. Shortly thereafter, DeCarlo started to cry.

Source:     https://www.foxnews.com/us/mall-santa-denied-boy-request-nerf-gun-christmas

• Love 1

Perfect example of what kind of talent you get when you lowball the pay rate.  Serve the company right if they have to pay to avoid a legal battle.

My Mrs. Claus is still working as a Jr. High librarian. She told her 7th and 8th grade library assistants about this Santa and they were livid. They said Santa is supposed to bring joy to children. One boy said: "Wait, how can a Santa be like that?" She told them he got fired, and they all said, "Good!!!".

NRA delivers Nerf guns to 4-year-old after mall Santa denied his request for the toy

Here's how the NRA responded to the viral video

By Greg Norman | Fox News               12/14/2020

A mall Santa refused Michael DeCarlo’s request for a Nerf gun for Christmas, so now the National Rifle Association is stepping in to help the 4-year-old expand his toy arsenal. 

The gun rights group released a video of Santa delivering a sack of the popular toys to the child’s home in Illinois as part of their “mission to make Michael’s Christmas the best ever.” 

“Mean Santa won’t be happy I have this,” DeCarlo says in the clip before emerging victorious in a Nerf battle with this more generous – and sunglasses-wearing – version of St. Nick. 

Earlier this month, DeCarlo had asked a Santa Claus at the Harlem Irving Plaza shopping center in Norridge for a Nerf gun for Christmas – but was promptly denied. That exchange was captured on video taken by his grandmother and was then posted on Facebook and went viral. 

The footage shows the Santa denying DeCarlo’s request, saying, “Nope, no guns.’’ 

When his mother clarified that he was asking for a Nerf gun, he said, ‘Nope, not even a Nerf gun.’ 

“If your dad wants to get it for you that’s fine, but I can’t bring it to you,” the Santa added. He then asked DeCarlo what else he would like. Shortly thereafter, DeCarlo started to cry. 

Harlem Irving Plaza later wrote on Facebook that the mall and their third-party Santa company were “distraught and deeply apologetic about the unfortunate incident, which occurred at [the] Santa set on December 6, as both parties strive for families and their children to have a happy holiday experience. 

“The Santa company will continue to remind all Santa’s how important it is to not impose personal opinions during visits with the children,” the statement continued. 

The mall then posted a video on its Facebook page showing the "real” Santa giving DeCarlo a wrapped gift at his home – and said the Santa who denied his request has since resigned. 

Hasbro, the company that owns the Nerf brand, also said it sent DeCarlo “a care package of our latest Nerf blasters just in time for the holidays.” 

“I am so grateful for all of the people who reached out and sent Nerf guns to Michael. Americans of all backgrounds came together and rallied for my son,” the boy’s mother, Sabella, later says in the NRA’s video, which doubles as an advertisement for the organization. “We have received hundreds of Nerf guns and Michael will be distributing those to other little patriots in need.” 

“NRA, thank you for making my family’s Christmas one we will never forget,” added his father, also named Michael.  

source:    https://www.foxnews.com/us/nra-delivers-nerf-guns-illinois-child-christmas

• Love 1

a Santa should never yell at a kid plain and simple, i mean look at it it makes not only santa's look bad but gun control advocates like myself look bad. this is not a political issue, but we need to be careful. 

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
        • Love
      • 30 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply