Podcast Questions & Needs

RadioSanta

Hi all....‪I'm working on the January podcast and need a couple things from you.

FIRST: I'd love to hear your brief answers to the question, "Does Santa ever die?"

SECOND: I know the season is not quite over but I'd like to hear what worked or didn't work for you in this pandemic year. Make your answers as brief as possible.

Please give my answering machine a call, ASAP, 24/7 and leave your answers. (509) 416-6526.‬ Make sure you identify yourself. 

I'll be putting the show together during that first week in January with it hitting the "airwaves" on Jan. 8. THANK YOU ALL!

Radio Santa~

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now that the big day is over...please take a moment and re-read the above post and respond if the Christmas Spirit moves you. I could sure use your input to make the podcast truly yours!

• Like 1

Thank you to the few, the brave men in red that have called in to my answering machine to leave your answers to my above questions. I could use a few more of you to give a call.

The TWO questions:

Does Santa ever die? 

What worked or didn't work for you this year?

(509) 416-6526 CALL NOW>>>>Operators are NOT standing by!

• Like 1

My wife and I were talking about this podcast last night and I commented to her how much I enjoyed the first one and how well it was done.  I downloaded the podcast onto my phone and listened to it on my way to work after listening to it immediately upon its release. What a nice piece of programming and entertainment.  I get tired of driving and only hearing myself yell at the deer to get out of my way (they've been after me since I killed one of theirs in March with my pickup) and lame songs on the radio. THIS was fun to listen to.

For this podcast to continue it needs the support of everyone. All it takes is sharing some of your stories, the things you want to tell the rest of us about. We talk to kids for two straight months and have plenty to say to them. Well, talk to Greg. (He is threatening me with a restraining order because I keep calling). 😉 

I don't know about anyone else, but my wife and kids can't handle me chatting about Christmas, Santa, et al all the time because I am a junkie like many of you. Clausnet and this podcast are an outlet for me. So, to keep me from having to talk to the deer who are threatening me and my new truck, and to keep my wife and kids from threatening me because I have exhausted them, call in with your quips, comments, suggestions, stories, etc. Some of you probably have more yarns than Old Man River so give Greg a jingle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Black Hills Santa said:

(He is threatening me with a restraining order because I keep calling). 😉 

A little Santa shaming! I love it...!

I'll hold off on the legal proceedings for a bit, ok?! 🎅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just left you a voicemail.

• Like 1

I left a voicemail, hope it worked!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bllwnkl said:

I left a voicemail, hope it worked!

Got yours as well. Thanks. Hoping to drop the new show on Friday!

• Like 2

On 12/28/2020 at 5:29 PM, Black Hills Santa said:

I don't know about anyone else, but my wife and kids can't handle me chatting about Christmas, Santa, et al all the time because I am a junkie like many of you. Clausnet and this podcast are an outlet for me. 

I hear that Brother !!!   I play Christmas music in the background all year long - drives my wife nuts.  But I too am a junkie - there is too much good stuff to cram into one short month - especially when I end up on the road so much in December.  Gotta take the time to savor all the nuances of Christmas to get hyped for the big day!!!

BUT - since our home party was cancelled this year she is already on board to go nuts next year - so we hope to start decorating in September !!!     (I call that a win ! )

• Like 6

Listen to the January edition of The ClausNet Podcast! Click the link on the main page or the side link...or below to give a listen. There is an extra special surprise just for you!

Thanks to everyone for all your input. It makes for a great show.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Great Podcast thanks Greg et al.

Super interview with Eileen, she is the oracle, thanks Eileen :)

Looking forward to the next Pod

• Like 4

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bqs6teedj71zw6901e4

Wonderful show! Bravo!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

Great Podcast thanks Greg et al.

Super interview with Eileen, she is the oracle, thanks Eileen :)

Looking forward to the next Pod

I particular liked the bit about Eileen's husband advising a mother whose child was somewhat less than aromatic, that, "There's no way he's sitting on my knee, come back when you've changed his nappy" Big smiles :)

Edited by Rob Thompson
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Please don't repost the podcast back onto the ClausNet forum...just listen through the podcast page because it gives me tracking information that I don't get from the forum posts. Thank you!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rob Thompson said:

I particular liked the bit about Eileen's husband advising a mother whose child was somewhat less than aromatic, that, "There's no way he's sitting on my knee, com back when you've changed his nappy" Big smiles :)

He said it a tad more tactful than I stated...but the point was no way that fragrant package was coming near him! Which also goes to show what some parents think is ok to hand off to Santa.  :thumbdown:

On the day we did the interview, my allergies were off the chart...Dec thru Jan we have cedar pollen that pretty much drives the whole area to the breaking point. I felt like I had pillows stuffed in my head. So sorry that I sounded so stuffed up. 🤧

...never had any real allergies til we moved here and now I semi live with Kleenex boxes literally everywhere I turn, but Dec and Jan they are attached to my hand! At least I managed to not have a sneezing fit during it!

One thing I did forget to mention tho when hanging your coat when in use and storing it during the long off season is to make sure that not only is the hanger strong enough to support your coat, but that the ends of it are curved and don't poke out/deform the tops of your sleeves...not a good look and bad for the fabric.

Edited by Eileen Strom
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

This was SOOOOO good. Eileen you were amazing. I just received my very first Santa suit last evening and this was such great timing!

Thanks so much.

• Like 3

Just in case anyone is interested...this is what the show looks like when I'm putting it together! Lots and lots of little audio clips!! Hope you enjoy!🎅

ClausNet Podcast Editing.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, RadioSanta said:

Just in case anyone is interested...this is what the show looks like when I'm putting it together! Lots and lots of little audio clips!! Hope you enjoy!🎅

oooh....rockin that Audition!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SantaFredNY said:

oooh....rockin that Audition!

Is this a schematic under the bonnet of a Jaguar?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

Is this a schematic under the bonnet of a Jaguar?

I thought it was an old Atari space invader screen shot.

Too technical for me :) 

Edited by Rob Thompson
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Rob Thompson said:

I thought it was an old Atari space invader screen shot. T

oo technical for me :) 

I'd rather drop Eileen's sewing box down a stair well, and then open it, than to try to cypher/cipher that screen.

• Like 1

• Management
55 minutes ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

I'd rather drop Eileen's sewing box down a stair well, and then open it, than to try to cypher/cipher that screen.

I don't think @Eileen Strom would want you to do that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Supporter
4 hours ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

3 hours ago, Felix Estridge said:

I don't think @Eileen Strom would want you to do that.

One CN member on the missing Claus list afterwards?

Only the reindeer knows

Edited by TamaleClaus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, RadioSanta said:

Ahhhh, Audition!  I use Reaper myself!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

Ah...no!

But then again, you'd have one heck of a time trying to even lift my sewing box (it probable weighs a couple hundred pounds), let alone get it down a stairwell!  :)

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Eileen Strom said:

Ah...no!

But then again, you'd have one heck of a time trying to even lift my sewing box (it probable weighs a couple hundred pounds), let alone get it down a stairwell!  :)

I know Eileen. I chose my imagery from a lifetime of experience. I grew up with a mom who was a professional seamstress. She made my play, work, and formal clothes well into my 30s. Especially three piece suits, and tuxedos. I spent many years playing trumpet in night clubs, which she hated, but she kept me dressed better than Al Hirt, or Doc Severinsen. She would have long conversations with me while clinching a half dozen straight pens in her teeth. We were strictly forbidden to even think about touching any of her sewing kits. When Mom passed, my wife and I kept her Pfaff, but can't figure out how to use it. Have you been able to pass on your craft? Who will carry on when the last of your kind are no longer sewing?

8 hours ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

Ahhhh, Audition!  I use Reaper myself!

I've been using Audition before it WAS Audition!! Lol. I've used Reaper but still prefer Audition. I use it for sound design with our movie production team as well.

• Wow 1

Another entertaining and informative edition! Eileen is a real gem and a wonderful resource, we're so lucky to have her as a member!

• Thanks 1

Now that I've put out two podcasts and you can get the idea of where I'm going with it I'd like to know some things from you.

1. How's the length? Too long? Too short?
  2. Format? Do you like the way it's laid out?
  3. Information? Too much? Too Little? JUST Right?
  4. Other? Ideas...comments...criticisms? (Be kind!)

I could still use some more of the Santa Shouts. That's where you call in and introduce yourself and where you are from then say "You're listening to the ClausNet Podcast"...then give me your best ho-ho-ho!! The number to call in on is 509-416-6526. You can always record something at home on your phone or other recording device and just email it to me as well.

Thanks for helping make the podcast something for ALL of us!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RadioSanta said:
  • How's the length? Too long? Too short?
  • Format? Do you like the way it's laid out?
  • Information? Too much? Too Little? JUST Right?
  • Other? Ideas...comments...criticisms? (Be kind!)

The length is just right. It allows for the listener to focus without it seeming to drag on forever. The tone you use is just right: not hard like some talk radio shows and not squishy soft like a PBS radio show.

The format is really good. I like the two cents worth you put in, mixed with the commercials, and then the interviews. Sometimes shows will tease you with an interview which will be at the end of the show and they allot about 3 minutes worth of interview. You nail it.

The info is about right. Not too heavy and not too light. If I want heavy I will read or delve deep into the vaults of a subject. Radio or podcasts should be light and informative.

It's radio. It's hard to relate numbers and paint pictures to an audience. You are hitting it just right. I can "see" what you are saying. 

• Like 4

Hi Greg,

I like the format as is, and agree totally with Black Hills, it is spot on. Thanks for the work that you put in and the great contribution this is to ClausNet.

Top man!  :) 

• Like 3

• Management

It is great.  Nothing needs changing, IMHO.

• Like 3

In the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, I would agree with the Baby Bear - “It is just right!”

Keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Love the sound, it is perfectly produced into a well paced radio show!

One request:

When you post the announcement that the February Podcast goes live, in that same announcement, could you include the links to all the sponsors?  It would make it easier for me to patronize the sponsors if the links were readily available.

• Like 3

8 hours long and a new episode everyday so I can listen to it at work would be great...:coffeenpc:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

Love the sound, it is perfectly produced into a well paced radio show!

One request:

When you post the announcement that the February Podcast goes live, in that same announcement, could you include the links to all the sponsors?  It would make it easier for me to patronize the sponsors if the links were readily available.

Great suggestion! Thanks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SantaFredNY said:

8 hours long and a new episode everyday so I can listen to it at work would be great...:coffeenpc:

Uhhhhh...

• Haha 2

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 94 replies