What To Expect From The Christmas Chronicles 3

Drosselmeyer

What To Expect From The Christmas Chronicles 3

Here's everything we know about The Christmas Chronicles 3, including the status of it being ordered by Netflix, when it could release, and more.

BY Q.V. HOUGH     PUBLISHED NOV 25, 2020     ScreenRant
The-christmas-chronicles-3-.jpg?q=50&fit

Given how popular the first two movies are, Netflix could easily move forward with The Christmas Chronicles 3. In 2018, The Christmas Chronicles resonated with critics and general streamers, and so, The Christmas Chronicles 2 was produced for the 2020 holiday season. Since Netflix seems to be especially invested in holiday films, a third installment will likely be made.

Darby Camp reprises her role as Kate Pierce in The Christmas Chronicles 2. During a family vacation in Mexico, she's tricked by one of Santa's former elves, Belsnickel (Julian Dennison), and sent to the North Pole through a wormhole. There, Kate learns all about Santa's Village, a magical community consisting of one million elves and 300,000 shops. Santa (Kurt Russell) and Mrs. Claus (Goldie Hawn) reveal that Belsnickel transformed into a human after breaking all five rules of the Elves' Code, and because Kate is a true believer, the rogue elf tries to ruin her holiday spirit by destroying the Christmas Star that protects Santa's Village.

The Christmas Chronicles 2 Returning Cast & New Character Guide

The Christmas Chronicles 2 includes time travel, which at once links to the first film while further establishing Belsnickel as a conniving baddie. As it turns out, though, the former elf just wants to feel loved and protected, which is a story that could continue in The Christmas Chronicles 3.

Will Netflix Make The Christmas Chronicles 3?

The Christmas Chronicles 2 currently has a 62% Tomatometer score, which is always a good sign for a Netflix holiday film. Before making a decision about a third franchise installment, the streaming service will likely assess viewing numbers for several months in order to fully understand which sections of the movie work best (or don't). Expect Netflix to announce The Christmas Chronicles 3 sometime in 2021.

The Christmas Chronicles 3 Release Date

If Netflix continues with the same production schedule, The Christmas Chronicles 3 could release in November 2022. It's worth noting that the streaming service didn't officially announce the sequel until two months before the November 2020 premiere, so it's possible that the production process for The Christmas Chronicles 3 will move forward without any news releases along the way.

The Christmas Chronicles 3 Cast

All of the main cast members will presumably return for The Christmas Chronicles 3. The franchise will likely continue to focus on Kate, a young character who fully believes in the power of Santa (and Mrs. Claus). Even though Dennison plays a prominent role in the sequel, his character arc suggests that he'd only return for a voice role in The Christmas Chronicles 3 on Netflix.

The Christmas Chronicles 3 Story Details

The Christmas Chronicles 2 concludes with a happy ending. During a time travel sequence, Kate meets a younger version of her father in 1990 Boston, and realizes that Santa gave her the chance to say goodbye. By the end, Belsnickel has a change of heart after Santa and Mrs. Claus express their love and support for him. Dennison's character transforms back into an elf, and reunites with all of his pals. Meanwhile, Kate and Jack return to Mexico and join their family for a moving performance of "O Christmas Tree" at the beach.

In The Christmas Chronicles 3, a new villain will most likely emerge. In that case, Kate will have an excuse to reunite with her North Pole friends, and may even bring along a few friends for her next trip to Santa's Village. According to Russell (via The New York Times), he views the Netflix franchise not as a group of movies but rather as continuous TV production: "We've just cyclically found our way around to making television. You go to the movies and you're seeing television because there’s a serial aspect to it."

Source:    https://screenrant.com/christmas-chronicles-3-movie-release-date-cast-story/

• Like 2

Kurt Russell has been letting on that he'd like to do a whole series of "Santa" movies and even wind up his career as Santa. Not a bad way to finish up!

• Like 3

• Michael Rielly changed the title to What To Expect From The Christmas Chronicles 3

I can't wait for Christmas Chronicles 3 to come out. I love the first two movies. I also think it would be a wonderful thing, if Kurt Russell winds up being Santa for a new career! I would have to say, he is '' hooked". 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

While I thought some aspects of 3 were cool like the flashbacks to a young Nicholas, I thought the 1st movie was a better storyline.  I did like that they referred to the reindeer as all female. 

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
        • Love
      • 30 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply