[TOY NEWS] Baby Balance Bike Product Review

Elf Hermey

Bikes are a part of every child’s life, and now children have the opportunity to learn at an earlier age than ever thanks to some of the great products that companies are making, like this balance bike for kids.  The baby balance bike we are reviewing here is one of those examples that can allow your child to start learning this life long skill as early as 1 year old.

Baby Balance Bike Product Review

Baby Balance Bike Product Review

We were asked to review this product and sent a sample by the manufacturer, the Xiapia Baby Balance Bike.  As with all our products, we always like to check out the product listings on Amazon or a seller’s website prior to actually receiving the product.  This helps us to make sure our readers will be interested in it and get a sense of how we feel about it before it arrives.

Specs

• Suitable for ages 10 to 36 months
  • Made of steel and plastic
  • Weight: 3.5 pounds
  • Product Dimensions: 15.8″ high x 9.8″ wide x 21.6″ long
  • Seat Height: 11″
balance bike for baby

Appearance

When we were looking at the listing for this baby balance bike were impressed.  It is a really cute dog so we thought kids would love its face with eyes that turn when you turn the handlebars.  This did not disappoint and it is probably my child’s favorite part.  Before my kid ever got on the bike, they loved playing with the handlebars to make the eyes move and giggled with joy while doing so.  For me, that alone was a win for a kid’s toy..

baby balance bike

Assembly

As any parent knows, almost every kid’s toy requires some level of assembly. This balance bike for kids is no exception. Our balance bike came with a total of 6 pieces (and some extra stickers incase your child pulls of the ones that come attached). Assembly took no more than 5 or 10 minutes for me from opening to box until it was ready to go with very easy to follow instructions. My only problem here was that I have larger hands and fitting my fingers in some of the small spaces was a bit challenging, but manageable.

Ease of Use

My child is on the young side of the recommended age at 13 months old, and still getting the hang of riding on a balance bike. They love the appearance of the balance bike, and dogs even more as a result. They also enjoy standing over the bike and turning the handle bars. We are working on getting them to sit on the seat and use their legs to move forward. Everyone’s child will learn at a different pace, but the sooner you start the sooner they will learn!

balance bike for kids

Safety

The safety of this product, and any children’s balance bike, is one of the most important things to consider. This balance bike has durable construction of steel and plastic, and also no small spaces for kid’s fingers to get pinched. The wheels are fully enclosed as well, so short of running over some toes, they are as safe as you can get.

balance bike

Frequently Asked Questions

At what age can a baby ride a balance bike?

This particular balance bike is advertised to ages 12 to 36 months. I personally think it is going to be a case by case basis, my kid is above average size at 1 year old and is still a little short to use it correctly. However, I would not hesitate to buy it at a young age and let them grow into it as it will take some time for kids to figure out how to ride on it.

Are balance bikes safe?

Balance bikes for kids are as safe as any other toy out there. This baby balance bike is as sturdy as we have seen. It is made of metal on the main bar and heavy-duty plastic for the rest, but with anything that helps a child learn how to balance, there is always a chance of falling over.

What benefits do balance bikes provide?

Everyone wants kid’s toys to provide some sort of mental, emotional, or physical benefit to their child. Balance bikes are no exception. Your child will improve their balance and leg strength. They will also gain confidence as they become independent and can push themself all over the house, both indoors and out.

baby balance bike

Disclaimer: We received this product free of charge to review. The review expressed here is our reviewer’s personal opinion from actually using the product.

If you would like us to review one of your products, please reach out to use via the Contact Us page for more information

The post Baby Balance Bike Product Review appeared first on The Best Toys Guide.

View the full article

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
        • Sad
      • 30 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply