[TOY NEWS] Wipeout Dry Erase Skateboard Product Review

Elf Hermey

All kids love to get outdoors, be adventurous, and try new things. One of those things most kids try at some point during their childhood, is skateboarding. I remember when I was growing up, Tony Hawk was the name to know in skateboarding on his way to becoming the legend he is today. So naturally, I wanted to be like him. Sadly for me, I was too uncoordinated to be good at skateboarding, but the Wipeout Dry Erase Skateboard by iWipeout is a nice little skateboard for beginners to intermediates and even has a fun aspect where you can draw on it and make it truly one of a kind.

Dry Erase Skateboard Product Review

dry erase skateboard

When I received this dry-erase skateboard my first impression was that I loved the look of it. The bright colors were perfect to attract kids’ attention and the skateboard came with everything you need: the skateboard, markers, and stencils. Well, almost everything, but we will get to that a little later.

dry erase skateboard

Specs

These come directly from the Wipeout website.

• Maple Cruiser Deck with Kicktail (22.5″ x 6″)
  • Cast Aluminum Alloy Trucks
  • 58mm/78A Urethane Wheels
  • ABEC 5 Carbon Steel Bearings
  • Max Rider Weight 175lbs
wipeout skateboard

Appearance

The bright colors of the board and wheels combined with the graphic design on the bottom make this skateboard stunning. When you add the fact that your child can draw their own custom designs on the bottom to personalize it, this board looks amazing. It does come in 3 different color and deisng options on their website, we chose the lightning bolt!

dry erase skateboard

Dry Erase Bottom

I tend to be a skeptical person, so when I heard the bottom was a dry-erase bottom I was very curious to get my hands on it to see how well it worked. My skateboard came with 5 markers: green, blue, orange, silver, and pink. All looked amazing, but I think the silver was my favorite. You can see a closeup of the dry-erase markers below and examples of how they look when they are on the skateboard. The drawings on my skateboard were all done using the provided stencils. The stencils have so many fun shapes! The three I chose to try out were the star, peace sign, and rocketship with afterburner!

Wipeout Dry Erase Skateboard Product Review Wipeout Dry Erase Skateboard Product Review

The dry-erase bottom was amazing! It met and exceeded any expectations I had. The markers go on and dry within seconds (at least it did for me when I was doing it in the sun), and have vibrant colors as you see above.

If your child messes up or wants to start again with their art, the marker comes out easily with a cloth, or even your finger. Like most children, I used my hand to erase mistakes which left my hands covered in colorful marker, but have no fear, it washes clean with water!

Assembly

Assembly is the worst part of most kid’s toys, but the skateboard has no assembly required! Just take the tags off and your kid is ready to draw on it or take it for a ride!

Safety

This is the section where I mention the one thing the skateboard does not include, but I definitely recommend it. I would even say it should be required by any parent: safety equipment. All parents want to protect their children and reduce the risk of serious injury, so with that, you should check out Wipeout’s matching line of safety equipment to get your dry-erase helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and wristguards. These will help keep your child safe and give them even more items to draw on for even more hours of fun.

I was not sent these, so I cannot speak to the quality of them. But if the quality of these is anything like that of the skateboard, I would not hesitate to buy them. Safety first!

dry erase helmet
dry erase pads

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the recommended age?

The Wipeout website recommends ages 5 and up.

Are skateboards safe?

Anything that requires balance has some sort of risk involved. This is why I highly recommend safety equipment like a helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads.

Disclaimer: We received this product free of charge to review. The review expressed here is our reviewer’s personal opinion from actually using the product.

If you would like us to review one of your products, please reach out to use via the Contact Us page for more information

The post Wipeout Dry Erase Skateboard Product Review appeared first on The Best Toys Guide.

View the full article

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
        • Love
      • 30 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
Ă—
Ă—