[TOY NEWS] TOBBI Maserati Ghibli Review

Elf Hermey

I recently had the privilege of testing the Officially Licensed TOBBI 12V Maserati Ghibli Ride-on car. If you have seen some of our other posts, we love ride-on cars and we have a lot more for you to learn if ride-on cars for kids interest you.

Thanks to our awesome friends over at TOBBI, they have offered a special discount code for our users! Use code thebesttoysguide for 12% off your next order!

12V TOBBI Maserati

Appearance

The first thing you notice about cars isn’t the features (which we will talk more about below), but the appearance. This car from TOBBI, since it is officially licensed, looks just like a real Maserati Ghibli! But it is perfectly sized for your kids! As you can see in all our pictures, we received a white one for testing purposes.

Features

This car comes fully loaded with all the features you could want in a ride-on car for your child. I was very impressed overall by the attention to detail that was put into this car. I got more enjoyment than my son when I experienced these, but he will appreciate them as he gets older.

TOBBI Maserati Ghibli Review

Parent Remote Control

Since my son younger and cannot control the car himself at 18 months old, this is my favorite feature. The remote control allows me to drive my son around in this Maserati. The remote has a 3 level speed control which allows you to adjust the max speed the car will move when driving. This is great to start out slow for smaller children as they learn to love the joys of riding around in a convertible!

As your child grows, they will be able to transition from being driven by an adult with the remote to using the in-car controls to go forward, backwards, and steer.

Working Doors, Lights, Mirrors, Horn, and Radio

Almost every aspect of this Maserati Ghibli can do something. It has

• Doors that open and lock when closed
  • Working horn your kid can honk
  • Side mirrors that can be adjusted and have a reflective sticker on them
  • Working headlights and taillights. The taillights even have special reverse lights when the car is going backward!
  • Light up dashboard
  • Radio with built-in sounds and music, along with both AUX and SD card inputs
    • The built-in radio sounds/music aren’t really that good in my opinion

Pull Handle and Wheels

It is inevitable that you will likely find yourself with a dead battery when you aren’t near your charger, or maybe even just want to easily transport your car from your garage to your backyard. This is where the flip out pull out handle in front, and the flip out wheels in the back come in handy. These features make your TOBBI Maserati simple to transport. If this feature wasn’t present, you would be stuck trying to carry the car which is not easy due to its size and weight.

While this is a great feature, my pull handle broke the 2nd time I used it and it now won’t lock in the folded position so I had to tape it in place. This is the only problem I have had with this car in the time I have had it.

Specs

• Comes in white, black, and red (we got the white one)
  • 12V battery
  • Initial Charge Time: 4-6 hours
    • We charged the battery for 4.5 hours the first time and had a full charge
  • Running Time: about 1 hour
    • Depends on rider weight and surface, but we have been using ours for over an hour with a 30lb child and the battery still has not died
  • Recommended Age from TOBBI is 3 – 6 years old
    • My son is younger and he loves it, but we only use it in the remote control mode and always under adult supervision for safety
  • Max supported weight: 77 pounds

Assembly

Putting this car together was relatively easy. I did it by myself, so it is possible with 1 person, but it would have been a little simpler with another set of hands to help hold things. It took around 30 minutes for me to assemble from the time I opened the box until I plugged it in to charge for its first use.

The step-by-step instructions are simple at first glance, but they are more than enough to successfully put the car together.

Safety

I have found ride-on vehicles to typically be very safe and TOBBI’s Maserati Ghibli is no exception. The max speed on 12V ride-ons is only around 3 mph so it is easy to stay safe for children inside the car as well as those playing around it.

This Maserati does have a seat belt (lap only) that you can use to strap your child in as well as doors that close with a latch that will be challenging for a small child to open without adult help. These features made me feel comfortable putting my 18-month-old son in the car.

If you like this category of product and want to see more options and reviews, head on over to our post with more options!

Disclaimer: We received this product free of charge to review. The review expressed here is our reviewer’s personal opinion from actually using the product.

If you would like us to review one of your products, please reach out to use via the Contact Us page for more information

The post TOBBI Maserati Ghibli Review appeared first on The Best Toys Guide.

View the full article

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 94 replies