Leicestershire mum divides the internet after buying and wrapping all her Christmas presents for 2022

Rob Thompson

Leicestershire mum divides the internet after buying and wrapping all her Christmas presents for 2022

Source - Leicestershire Online

By - Lee Jarret

Date - 30-12-2021

A savvy Leicestershire mum has divided the internet by saving herself the hassle of next year’s Christmas shopping, by buying and wrapping the gifts already.

Gemma Chamberlain proudly displayed her keen ways online earlier this week in a Facebook group showing off people’s bargain buys and the like.

0_Gemma-Chamberlain-wrapped.jpg

The seasonal haul - for 12 months time - is quite the collection and has saved Gemma hundreds of pounds.

“Boots half price sale and Tesco clothes and club card bargains (Boots was £176 total savings £178 so actually saved more than I spent) all wrapped and ready for next year,” she revealed.

The post, which shows Gemma’s collection of clothes, perfumes and games, has garnered more than 7,000 likes on the Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK Facebook group.

It’s a post that has also sparked a divide in opinion, but the vast majority think Gemma is onto something special, reports the Daily Mail.

“I definitely need to do this,” said one person. “Your Christmas photos were rather impressive, makes me want to definitely start early.”
Gemma says she has saved hundreds of pounds by getting the gifts now (Image: Gemma Chamberlain)
“To be fair I did this last year for this and it took the stress out of the busyness of Christmas. I didn't wrap them though,” revealed another.

0_Gemma-Chamberlain-gifts.jpg

“I have got some great bargains for next year. It is a great way to save with the great bargains.”

However, not all the comments are positive, with some believing Gemma has spoiled the tradition of taking part in the festive season sales.

“How do people do this?! I'd be so tempted to give these presents out during the year,” said one.

“If I buy gifts a week before Christmas I'm even tempted to give them straight away.”

“This isn't for me. I like the shopping experience at Christmas time, the dark evenings with the lights, decorations, Santa etc and the whole seasonal buzz,” added another.

“I personally feel that I can save as much money by shopping around, trawling the internet etc much closer to the time

Despite this, those who were sceptical said if Gemma was happy, so were they.

“If this is what works for you and most importantly if it saves you a fortune then well done," said one person.

• Wow 1

I didnt buy a single present at a shop this year, all done online as I didnt have the time to go shopping. I must confess, I found it much easier and way less hassle :)

Not sure Im that organised to shop now for next Christmas though 

• Like 1

• Supporter

Remembering what you purchased and where you put them might be a problem.  Also where would I find the SPACE. No empty space around here, also sometimes an individuals sizes changes?

• Like 3

On 12/30/2021 at 3:44 PM, TamaleClaus said:

Remembering what you purchased and where you put them might be a problem.  Also where would I find the SPACE. No empty space around here, also sometimes an individuals sizes changes?

Remembering where I put stuff is never a problem for me. I always put stuff where I know I wont forget. 

Then when I need them, imagine my surprise, Ive forgot! :)

Way to many possibilities of size changes to buy this early for any clothing. However, there are other items, products that could be bought now. Thankfully, I have no little ones running around my home & we do have nooks & crannies we could use to hide stuff. Would be funny though to forget and find later.

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 94 replies