Jump to content

‘Daddy’ caught kissing Santa Claus in new postal service commercial


Sundblom Santa
 Share

Recommended Posts

New York Post

By Ben Cost

November 24, 2021, 12:41 PM, Updated

EXCERPT:

He’s come down the chimney — and out of the closet.

The Norwegian Postal Service (Posten Norge) puts a ho-ho-homo twist on the classic carol “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” — with a new commercial depicting Kris Kringle as a gay man. The ad, which features English subtitles, has amassed around 150,000 views — and hundreds of divided comments — since it was uploaded Monday to YouTube.

SOURCE:

NYPOST.COM

The inclusivity-promoting ad spread holiday cheer — and jeers — among the online peanut gallery: "Really, Santa is gay now? I must have missed the memo," one Scrooge griped on YouTube.
  • Confused 1
  • Angry 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm disturbed. So, so, disturbed. Won't anyone think of the children before they make things like this? This is just my opinion, and you may disagree, but I'm going to say this: Nicholas of Myra would be appalled. I am as well. This crap needs to end. Santa Claus is married to Mrs. Claus. :santa_angry:

So, thoughts, anyone? Speaking for myself, there's an irony as to the author's use of a phrase like "peanut gallery." He seems to be either daring anyone to disagree or/and attempting to shame those who support Christian views on marriage by attempting to make them feel small and insignificant. Granted, those are just my two cents. You may disagree.

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am rarely speechless...

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

I am rarely speechless...

Indeed. When I began portraying Santa in 2010, well, that's one thing I never thought I'd see. If you think this is bad (and it's terrible), there's also a children's book called (I'm not even making this up) "Santa's Husband" (written by a naughty little man-child known as Daniel Kibblesmith). Some people are truly evil and seem to almost secretly hate children. They'd have to hate children (or at least love themselves more) to produce garbage like this. :santa_angry:

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Angry 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a bit off topic, but (from what I've heard) Mr. Kibblesmith (the author of the book Santa mentioned above) also says that "global warming" affects the North Pole somehow. It seems he also sprinkled other assorted "Social Justice" causes in there, as well. 🙄 When will it all end?!

  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Management

I am probably going to be chastised for saying it like this, but this is nothing but the liberal left trying to impugn any and every facet of history with their rhetoric; pushing their agenda where it does not belong.

  • Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Felix Estridge said:

I am probably going to be chastised for saying it like this, but this is nothing but the liberal left trying to impugn any and every facet of history with their rhetoric; pushing their agenda where it does not belong.

Well, you shouldn't be chastised. That's the truth. Not even jolly old Santa Claus is safe from the left and its angry mob mentality. It's reminiscent (granted, in the opposite direction of sorts, but still) of the times things get "cancelled," especially at Christmas, re: "Baby, It's Cold Outside," and even things like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (allegedly, the Rankin-Bass Cartoon is "problematic," or something, whatever that even means).

Actually, funny story about "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (granted, I know, going off topic a little): when the big radio stations were refuting to air the song, a Kentucky (God bless the great state of Kentucky) actually chose to play the song for *two whole hours* (back-to-back) as a protest against the left's insanity. Source: 

WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

A Kentucky radio station certainly made its opinion on the controversial 1940s song "Baby, It's Cold Outside" known this weekend by playing it on repeat during a 2-hour marathon on Sunday.

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Continued (from above): it just goes to show what a little bit of effort on the part of responsible citizens (like the people in that KY radio station) can do. They resisted, and they resisted well. Bravo, gentlemen!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the words of the great Herman Munster

“DARN”, “DARN”, “DARN, “DARN”

Only because I’m on ClausNet, that’s the BEST WAY I CAN EXPLAIN MYSELF!!!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Santa Claus came from St Nicholas who was not a gay man.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, nothing is sacred any more unless we keep it as such in our hearts and show it forth as sacred to this world!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

Santa Claus came from St Nicholas who was not a gay man.

Indeed! St. Nicholas was definitely not a gay man! Heck, he sucker-punched a guy at a church council. Not much more, um, non-gay than that! 🤣

2 hours ago, Santa SteveKl said:

Unfortunately, nothing is sacred any more unless we keep it as such in our hearts and show it forth as sacred to this world!

Amen to that, my Santa brother! Amen to that! 👍

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have friends who are gay. and one of my best friends is trans.. we live in a country full of freedoms and the right to marry whichever gender you choose. yes i am liberal but my folks are conservative so i know the feeling. but there are better ways top teach tolerance and this commercial here is one of the worst ways, sure its a good thing but the execution is sloppy at best. if you want to teach lgbtq+ awareness let the professionals do it like the human rights council or the trevor project do it. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, Bigman!

*waves*

1 hour ago, bigman said:

i have friends who are gay

I have a relative who is gay, a liberal, and I'm a straight conservative. I understand, I think, as well. The feeling (on both sides of the aisle) is, often, the same at heart. People ultimately love others and wish to get along.

1 hour ago, bigman said:

if you want to teach lgbtq+ awareness let the professionals do it like the human rights council or the trevor project do it. 

While I completely and utterly disagree with literally all of that, guess what? You're my Santa brother and I love you very much, even though we happen to really disagree a lot on this. That's OK (as far as I'm concerned). If you're willing to be my Santa brother, then I'm willing to be yours. Maybe together, all of us (even though we disagree) can work toward a gentler and kinder and more compassionate world.

The Santa Claus Oath binds all brothers in red together, as far as I'm concerned (whatever their political or otherwise outside affiliations). I also wanted to thank you, as well, for saying such things in such a polite way. Some folks are so rude nowadays (on both sides of the aisle). Thank you!

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bigman said:

i have friends who are gay. and one of my best friends is trans.. we live in a country full of freedoms and the right to marry whichever gender you choose. yes i am liberal but my folks are conservative so i know the feeling. but there are better ways top teach tolerance 

I agree, I also think something may have been missed in this thread: There may be a number of Santa's/Mrs Claus's who are part of the Santa community and members of Clausnet who are Gay/lesbian etc. I dont believe that they have anything less to offer in terms of providing the Christmas Magic for children and families As such a measure of tolerance and understanding should be afforded to all regardless of gender identity etc :) 

Radio Santa did a fantastic podcast which discussed in detail issues re gender identity, valuing difference etc which if you haven't heard, its well worth a listen: 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rob Thompson said:

I agree, I also think something may have been missed in this thread: There may be a number of Santa's/Mrs Claus's who are part of the Santa community and members of Clausnet who are Gay/lesbian etc. I dont believe that they have anything less to offer in terms of providing the Christmas Magic for children and families As such a measure of tolerance and understanding should be afforded to all regardless of gender identity etc :) 

Radio Santa did a fantastic podcast which discussed in detail issues re gender identity, valuing difference etc which if you haven't heard, its well worth a listen: 

 

 

thanks rob i competely forgot about radio santas podcast on the subject.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Sundblom Santa i am not a performer btw. i am an autism advocate and former retail worker at a store with a Santa promotion. basically i was the person in elf who introduced the  Santa.  i was taught by my late father and my late grandmother to treat everyone equally. to me it doesn't matter what you believe as long as it doesn't hurt me, others or any living being on the face of the planet. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bigman said:

  i was taught by my late father and my late grandmother to treat everyone equally. to me it doesn't matter what you believe as long as it doesn't hurt me, others or any living being on the face of the planet. 

We share the same values in this respect :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With out getting into the left/right thing or a gender debate, let me just say that I don't care if it's even the most traditional Mrs. Claus you can find - I don't want to see Santa making out with anyone on TV! More than a peck on Mrs. Claus's cheek is too much - what happens at the North Pole should stay at the North Pole. :sc_wink:

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Black River Santa said:

With out getting into the left/right thing or a gender debate, let me just say that I don't care if it's even the most traditional Mrs. Claus you can find - I don't want to see Santa making out with anyone on TV! More than a peck on Mrs. Claus's cheek is too much - what happens at the North Pole should stay at the North Pole. :sc_wink:

Love it an what a lovely way to put it to bed :) 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Rob Thompson said:
47 minutes ago, Black River Santa said:

With out getting into the left/right thing or a gender debate, let me just say that I don't care if it's even the most traditional Mrs. Claus you can find - I don't want to see Santa making out with anyone on TV! More than a peck on Mrs. Claus's cheek is too much - what happens at the North Pole should stay at the North Pole. :sc_wink:

Love it an what a lovely way to put it to bed :) 

Amen. Thanks Rob. I'm thinking we might want to close the thread at this point (unless anyone has anything they'd like to add). I just don't want anyone to be hurt or disgruntled at one another (or me for that matter).

I also want to give a warm thank you to Bigman (Santa's elf of sorts). You opened my eyes, a little, my friend. Even though we disagree, I still thank you. You've given Santa much food for thought (not everyone can do that)! Keep up the great work at being an autism advocate, my friend. We need a lot more of those in the world. Santa's proud of you! :santa_smiley:

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Black River Santa said:

With out getting into the left/right thing or a gender debate, let me just say that I don't care if it's even the most traditional Mrs. Claus you can find - I don't want to see Santa making out with anyone on TV! More than a peck on Mrs. Claus's cheek is too much - what happens at the North Pole should stay at the North Pole. :sc_wink:

Agreed.  I am hopelessly heterosexual, but have had bisexual/homosexual friends my entire life, and still do.  My homosexual friends don't like exploitation of any kind, any more than I do.  I appreciate every view point expressed here, and this family is in tact.   We proved that we can love each other as is.  Thank the maker, none of us has to be burdened with the task of judging.  Not our problem, either way.  Whew!!! 

Give me a Ho, give me a Ho, Ho, give me a Ho, Ho, Ho, what does that mean?  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

I appreciate every view point expressed here, and this family is in tact.   We proved that we can love each other as is.  Thank the maker, none of us has to be burdened with the task of judging.  Not our problem, either way.  Whew!!! 

Give me a Ho, give me a Ho, Ho, give me a Ho, Ho, Ho, what does that mean?  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Thank the Maker, indeed, that none of us have to be burdened with judging others, who we sometimes forget are but our own "fellow travelers to the grave, and not some other race of creatures bound on other journeys" (like Mr. Dickens would say). And, so, with that said, I'd like to wish a Merry Christmas to all, and to all a goodnight! Ho! Ho! Ho! :santa_smiley:

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To my mind, Santa is primarily for the children. When Santa is used to promote adult life styles something is not right. Santa is not normally a considered a sexual entity, yes there is a Mrs. Claus, but in none of my readings  on Santa have I ever read anything that may infer intamacy or what may be considered inappropriate. Let's try and keep the Claus's the kind, gentle, loving, entities that we have strived to have them be.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Grandpa Gus said:

To my mind, Santa is primarily for the children. When Santa is used to promote adult life styles something is not right. Santa is not normally a considered a sexual entity, yes there is a Mrs. Claus, but in none of my readings  on Santa have I ever read anything that may infer intamacy or what may be considered inappropriate. Let's try and keep the Claus's the kind, gentle, loving, entities that we have strived to have them be.

Well said Grampa Gus. We should all have the right and freedom to love who we wish, and I respect that. What I don't respect is people who try to force their choice on other, especially young children. Let them have a childhood for crying out loud.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Well they should have checked that's Santa  i d at the door (or chimney in this case)

Santa Stewart

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

All credit for those Santas that do shopping malls. I have only done a mall Santa for 2 days so before I was given a hard time by mall management because I was Gay; they found out when they met my partner, I was not in the red suit at the time. It cost them in the courts. I now do Santa on my own terms to raise money for charity as this month is for the Royal Childrens Hospital. I don't even like to make refernece to  a "Mrs Claus", as Nicholas of Myra was an Authodox Greek bishop in Turkey so was never married. Not sure where the Mrs Clause thing came from, probably Hollywood. The add is specific to the country it was made for and no doubt they had good reasons or intention behind doing it, I just think Santa should be neutral in all things except for him being the patron Saint of children...sailors....and beer....In other words it is all about the children and the child spirit all adults have

Be good to each other

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Santa Aussie said:

I just think Santa should be neutral in all things except for him being the patron Saint of children...sailors....and beer....In other words it is all about the children and the child spirit all adults have

 

Aussie, thanks for chiming in with your perspective.  This is a world wide site, and we all learn and grow through sharing varied views, and every view is welcome. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

Post your pictures and comments here daily!

  • Donations

    All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

    Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

      Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

      Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

      This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

      By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

      No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

      The 5 Second Rule

      I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
        • Like
      • 13 replies
    • If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

      Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
        • Love
        • Like
      • 30 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
        • Like
      • 9 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
        • Like
      • 3 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

      However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

      Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

      That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
        • Like
      • 1 reply
×
×
  • Create New...