February Podcast

RadioSanta

10 hours ago, RadioSanta said:

The newest podcast has been posted. Check it out!

I cannot find the new podcast, am I doing something wrong?

3 hours ago, Santa SteveKl said:

I cannot find the new podcast, am I doing something wrong?

I don't think Michael has actually posted it on Clausnet yet. Sorry.

• Like 1

Great interviews! Loved listening to Felix's and Michael's wives talk about their experiences with them being Santa

21 minutes ago, Bigadamonbass said:

Great interviews! Loved listening to Felix's and Michael's wives talk about their experiences with them being Santa

I truly agree. I loved getting the perspective of their wives. As always @RadioSanta out did himself!

"However, the best advice of all, and I am all over this one, was from Michael's wife, I'm definitely buying my wife a horse, RESULT!! :)" Rob Thompson

Rob, I have seen pictures of at least 2 horses on your property, so don't try to pawn one of those off as a new gift to Judith.  Buy Jude her own horse.  Aren't you notorious for saying, "You know it makes sense!" ?

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

"However, the best advice of all, and I am all over this one, was from Michael's wife, I'm definitely buying my wife a horse, RESULT!! :)" Rob Thompson

Rob, I have seen pictures of at least 2 horses on your property, so don't try to pawn one of those off as a new gift to Judith.  Buy Jude her own horse.  Aren't you notorious for saying, "You know it makes sense!" ?

Busted! When I said horse, I used it in the loosest of terms,..... I had in mind something like this, she hasn't had her eyes tested in years,She'll never notice and the feed and vet bills, minimal, will mean more money for Santa stuff  :)

you know it make sense lol ........

deluxe-pantomime-horse-mascot-costume.jp

• Haha 1

• Management

Trust me. Her horse is WAY more expensive than my Santa stuff. At one point we had TWO! My daughter rode for a few years. It was like having 2 mortgage payments.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 2

• Management

A big BIG thank you to Greg aka @RadioSanta! Greg works very hard on producing and hosting the podcast. If you enjoy these episodes, PLEASE share it with your fellow Kringles.

• Like 2

200.gif

Another excellent podcast. Well done Greg and thank you for all your hard work.

11 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

Busted! When I said horse, I used it in the loosest of terms,..... I had in mind something like this, she hasn't had her eyes tested in years,She'll never notice and the feed and vet bills, minimal, will mean more money for Santa stuff  :)

you know it make sense lol ........

deluxe-pantomime-horse-mascot-costume.jp

I wonder which end of that horse you'll be... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

The front, you can be the rear end, you wont need the costume :) 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Rob Thompson said:

23 minutes ago, Rob Thompson said:

The front, you can be the rear end, you wont need the costume :) 

It'd be the tail wagging the horse

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Santa Craig Maxwell said:

It'd be the tail wagging the horse

Too much information :) 

Whilst I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the previous podcasts, this pone stands out for me, listening to the Santa wives was a lovely insight with some great advice and lovely amusing anecdotes. Thanks to all who contributed and again, first class job @RadioSanta Greg.

We just need more people to share the podcasts and support them to ensure it keeps going.

:) 

• Love 1

Great podcast! So happy Santa Greg @RadioSanta didn't talk to my wife... it would have been a whole different episode. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Black River Santa said:

Great podcast! So happy Santa Greg @RadioSanta didn't talk to my wife... it would have been a whole different episode. 

Laughing lots here, that was my first thought too, the podcast would have turned into a serial, and certainly would have required a 'bleep' button. :) 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

Laughing lots here, that was my first thought too, the podcast would have turned into a serial, and certainly would have required a 'bleep' button. :) 

I'm lucky (I think?), Mrs Cringle is glad to get me out of the way. She never complains about me taking on a job, but she has a way of making me feel guilty at the same time.

I think wives take special classes at school to master this art.🤔

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

My Mrs. ...

grinch.jpg.d04e4475fd547e793cfd5534fe08e896.jpg

Edited by Black River Santa
  • Haha 2

My wife even said in the podcast that it’s sucks we aren’t around much for the Christmas activities with family but totally understands what we do. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

any questions from the big chair this month?

1 minute ago, Bigadamonbass said:

any questions from the big chair this month?

I would love to know this as well. i do know @RadioSanta has been sick & recovering so might be coming.

Edited by Santa SteveKl

• 6 months later...

I continue to listen to the podcasts every now and then  and what a miss they are. They used to be a diary marker each month.

Come back Greg :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I agree, I miss them far more than I can ever say!

• Like 1

• Management
1 hour ago, Rob Thompson said:

I continue to listen to the podcasts every now and then  and what a miss they are. They used to be a diary marker each month.

Come back Greg :) 

1 hour ago, Santa SteveKl said:

I agree, I miss them far more than I can ever say!

I would love to start up the podcast again. :(

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Michael Rielly said:

Yep... I listen to them as well and miss them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Rielly said:

I understand, we need someone who has the tech knowledge, the time and most of all Santa support, It was a fantastic resource and very entertaining too. :) 

• Like 1

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies