Mum defends decorating home for Christmas already and says she's proud of Santa's grotto

Rob Thompson

Mum defends decorating home for Christmas already and says she's proud of Santa's grotto

Source - Mirror Online

By - Neil Shaw

Date - 07-09-22

A mum is turning heads down her street after sticking her Christmas decorations up inside and outside the family home already.

Despite it being 110 days until December 25, she's got the tinsel out four months early.

1_THP_CHP_060922Slug_05527JPG.jpg

Heidi Parish doesn't care if people think she has gone way too soon but says she won't have the lights on every day with energy bills soaring across the UK.

The influencer, who has more than 50,000 Instagram followers, took to social media this week to share her house transformed into Santa’s grotto.

She told GrimsbyLive she just wanted to spread some cheer with the cost of living crisis dominating people's thoughts following the pandemic.

“I wanted to decorate my home early as making my children and other people smile when they see the lights makes me think what is there not to love about getting into the Christmas spirit early on," she said.

"Especially after the pandemic, I think it made us all realise there is truly no time like the present so why not?

1_THP_CHP_060922Slug_05527JPG.jpg

"For now, I’m planning to only turn on the lights occasionally such as when we have friends over to ensure I’m not wasting energy and to keep costs to a minimum.”

She added on Instagram: "You know how much I love all seasons and any chance to buy beautiful decor and last Christmas I found such a lush place to buy lots of my outdoor lights from @christow_home and this year we’ve been lucky enough to work with them!

"So they’ve sent me a selection of lights and I couldn’t wait to get into the Christmas spirit. How pretty do they look I cannot wait for Christmas and to enjoy all the festivities.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

You know what, if it makes her happy and others, why not :)

• Like 5

Personal liberty. Leave her alone

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Rob Thompson said:

You know what, if it makes her happy and others, why not :)

1 hour ago, Black Hills Santa said:

Exactly right! Reminds me of this: “Puritanism: the haunting fear that someone somewhere may be happy” (H. L. Mencken). You have to find joy whenever and wherever you can, especially nowadays (the modern Puritans notwithstanding).

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Black Hills Santa said:

Exactly; its harmless and most likely bringing some joy and excitement to the local children. The world seems to be a miserable place at the moment, lets give and take the smiles when we can :)

Edited by Rob Thompson
  • Like 2

My daughter is 100% disabled with LGS Syndrome, and Christmas lights are one of the only things that we can tell that she enjoys. So my wife already has the tree in her room up and the Christmas village and nativity out. If it's something you enjoy who cares what other people think about it, people need all the joy that they can get in today's times.

• Love 4

Couldn't agree more with these posts!christmas lights GIF

No this is not my place just a picture i found and love!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Santa Johnny Boy said:

That's all the decorations she has? Sheesh, they should see MY neighborhood! :santa_cool:

Hey, if you can’t go all out, it’s not even worth the effort. :sc_cool:

christmas vacation GIF

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Sundblom Santa said:

Hey, if you can’t go all out, it’s not even worth the effort. :sc_cool:

christmas vacation GIF

If you make the effort, its always worth it :) 

• Like 3

The way the world as a whole has become such an “if it feels good do it society”, I can’t get over how anyone would have a problem with early Christmas decorations. Of course, Christmas is wholesome and pure while many of the pushed things aren’t. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Santa Shep said:

The way the world as a whole has become such an “if it feels good do it society”, I can’t get over how anyone would have a problem with early Christmas decorations. Of course, Christmas is wholesome and pure while many of the pushed things aren’t. 

Totally agree Shep,

lets have fun, or is it live and let live :)

• Like 1

we didn't get anything out for Haloween this year - just went right to Christmas - trying to purge and organize and clean up - stuff we have we don't want or need we are able to give to others for Christmas before the holiday so someone else can enjoy it - sleigh wont come out until after Nov 1 - 5 trees up so far - most of the garland - still need to decorate trees and put out some of the decor - but the house is looking like Christmas !

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

7 minutes ago, Drosselmeyer said:

we didn't get anything out for Haloween this year - just went right to Christmas - trying to purge and organize and clean up - stuff we have we don't want or need we are able to give to others for Christmas before the holiday so someone else can enjoy it - sleigh wont come out until after Nov 1 - 5 trees up so far - most of the garland - still need to decorate trees and put out some of the decor - but the house is looking like Christmas !

We did that last year, we gave a couple of our trees to families less fortunate and a few bags of decorations,  Its the little things that go along way, and for me thats the real Santa stuff;

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Drosselmeyer said:

I wish my wife would let me decorate for Christmas, but she wants Fall décor then Thanksgiving before we dive in.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Santa SteveKl said:

I wish my wife would let me decorate for Christmas, but she wants Fall décor then Thanksgiving before we dive in.

My wife used to feel that way. Then our two granddaughters came along. It is so much fun watching them decorate the tree, the first weekend in November has become our go to date!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Santa Shep said:

My wife used to feel that way. Then our two granddaughters came along. It is so much fun watching them decorate the tree, the first weekend in November has become our go to date!

We decorate mid December, used to be much earlier when my daughter was a  little one, and latterly with my grandson the boy. 

I just hate it though when the decorations are taken down, the house looks so empty.

• Like 3

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 94 replies