Jump to content

SANTA CLAUSE I’m accused of ruining Christmas for my daughter, 2


Rob Thompson
 Share

Recommended Posts

SANTA CLAUSE I’m accused of ruining Christmas for my daughter, 2, after telling her Santa isn’t real – we don’t want to lie to her
By Martha Cliff
Date - 13 Nov 2022

Source - The Sun

A MUM has been accused of ‘ruining Christmas’ for her daughter after telling her that Santa Claus isn’t real.

Taking to Reddit the mum revealed that she didn’t ‘want to lie’ to her two-year-old so she and her partner decided to teach their little girl that Father Christmas was make-believe.

little-girl-whispering-santas-ear-761601

She wrote: “We don’t want to lie to our kid.”

“(We are) accused of ruining Christmas for her and that Christmas isn't magical if she doesn't believe in Santa.

“I even caught someone telling my daughter that Santa is real and we are just lying.
“I've also had family get upset when they asked my daughter if she was excited for Santa to come she told them that ‘Daddy come soon’ (he was gone at work at the time, they then asked her if she was excited for Santa to bring her gifts and she said 'Daddy do it'.)”

She continued: “I can make Christmas feel ‘magical’ to her without her believing in some made up character. 

“I've kind of felt a lot of pressure to give in and let her think Santa is real but I don't know if I should give in.”

Fellow Redditors were quick to jump in with their own opinions.

One commented: “I think believing in Santa was an awesome experience of childhood, kind of added a bit of magic."

Another added: “I do feel like it’s an aspect of Christmas they'll miss out on because it’s fun to make cookies for Santa with your parents and leave out 'reindeer food' in the front yard for kids. 

“And thinking about Santa and the elves is fun for young kids."

However, not everyone was as quick to judge with one arguing that it was the parent’s decision.

e the parent. You decide,” they said. 

“Santa isn’t what makes Christmas special anyways, it’s everything else like family, decorating, baking, etc...”

  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I give up!!!!!!

So so sad on so many levels :( 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow this is so sad. having that childlike faith is what helps us in so many ways! Even if you do not bring in religion (which I have a hard time not bringing Christ into Christmas) then you have just dismissed the possibility of adding any magic and might as well come clean about all other types of stuff as well. No Easter Bunny, No Fairy Tales, No magic that makes childhood special. This saddens my heart more than I say.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Santa SteveKl said:

Wow this is so sad. having that childlike faith is what helps us in so many ways! Even if you do not bring in religion (which I have a hard time not bringing Christ into Christmas) then you have just dismissed the possibility of adding any magic and might as well come clean about all other types of stuff as well. No Easter Bunny, No Fairy Tales, No magic that makes childhood special. This saddens my heart more than I say.

Quite, and what message will that send to other children when her daughter begins telling other what her mum has told her, Crazy , 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Santa SteveKl said:

No Easter Bunny, No Fairy Tales, No magic that makes childhood special.

And that’s the dynamite right there. When you chuck out Santa Claus (based on St. Nicholas, a Christian bishop from Lycia), you have to, in principle, reject all other childhood characters and stories (e.g., the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, storybooks, fairy tales, and even circus clowns, for that matter).

Heck, under a strictly literalistic, unimaginative view of the world, you’d have to throw out the Parables of the Lord (they’re fictional stories meant to teach life lessons). Actually, if you think about it, you’d have to reject even the use of Johannine analogies (like “I Am the door,” Jn. 10:7). Of course, people like that don’t logically think through their positions. People who take Santa Claus (once again, based on an ancient Christian bishop) away from their children aren’t always the brightest bulbs in the Christmas light box—if you know what I mean.

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

I give up!!!!!!

So so sad on so many levels :( 

58 minutes ago, Rob Thompson said:

Quite, and what message will that send to other children when her daughter begins telling other what her mum has told her, Crazy , 

With that (although I haven’t really heard much of anything from the anti-Santa crowd), you just have to let the chips fall where they may. Such parents who do that (and this may be an unpopular opinion) are demented and sick. “Don’t be like them” (Matt. 6:5, 8). They’re going to do what they’re intent on doing. We can just choose to ignore them. If God has given us this vocation (and I personally believe it is a vocation), it doesn’t matter what naysayers yell at the end of the day. “And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward” (Matt. 10:42).

With that, I’m going to go back to recovering from COVID and enjoying “The Santa Clauses.” :sc_cool:

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Sundblom Santa said:

With that (although I haven’t really heard much of anything from the anti-Santa crowd), you just have to let the chips fall where they may. Such parents who do that (and this may be an unpopular opinion) are demented and sick. “Don’t be like them” (Matt. 6:5, 8). They’re going to do what they’re intent on doing. We can just choose to ignore them. If God has given us this vocation (and I personally believe it is a vocation), it doesn’t matter what naysayers yell at the end of the day. “And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward” (Matt. 10:42).

With that, I’m going to go back to recovering from COVID and enjoying “The Santa Clauses.” :sc_cool:

Yes, if we remove what little magic there is in the word, we are left with misery :( 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why is this NEWS???? Why can't  these things be kept in the family? Let's just go on with the opportunity that is given us as Clauses. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Merry Town Santa said:

Why is this NEWS???? Why can't  these things be kept in the family? Let's just go on with the opportunity that is given us as Clauses.

It’s known as the Chorus of the Perpetually Offended. They have to make everyone else’s lives miserable. They don’t seem to like letting their children have fun.

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Pray 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is so sad. As a parent I understand not wanting to share the glory with Santa (after spending hours trying to put together THE gift), but I think it’s how we define Santa that makes him real or not. 
My wife and I have taught our girls that Santa was a flesh and blood person a long time ago, but now it’s the Spirit of Santa that is still with us. So every mall Santa or Zoom call Santa IS Santa because they have the Spirit of Santa within them. It keeps the magic of Santa without putting the emphasis on him being a flesh and blood person. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AsaClaus said:

This is so sad. As a parent I understand not wanting to share the glory with Santa (after spending hours trying to put together THE gift), but I think it’s how we define Santa that makes him real or not. 
My wife and I have taught our girls that Santa was a flesh and blood person a long time ago, but now it’s the Spirit of Santa that is still with us. So every mall Santa or Zoom call Santa IS Santa because they have the Spirit of Santa within them. It keeps the magic of Santa without putting the emphasis on him being a flesh and blood person. 

I think thats approach with the older children, my grandson is 15 years old, and whilst he crossed to the dark side sometime ago, he still believes in the spirit of Santa. Mind you, I dont think he would share that with his mates, for fear of being beat up lol :) 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

I think thats approach with the older children, my grandson is 15 years old, and whilst he crossed to the dark side sometime ago, he still believes in the spirit of Santa. Mind you, I dont think he would share that with his mates, for fear of being beat up lol :) 

Hahaha the “dark side”?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AsaClaus said:

Hahaha the “dark side”?

Non believers :) 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

  • Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

  • Donations

    All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

    Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

      Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

      Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

      This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

      By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

      No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

      The 5 Second Rule

      I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
        • Like
      • 14 replies
    • If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

      Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
        • Love
        • Like
      • 30 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
        • Like
      • 9 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
        • Like
      • 4 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

      However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

      Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

      That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
        • Like
      • 1 reply
×
×
  • Create New...