Company releases 'emotional support' bear for single people at Christmas

Rob Thompson

Company releases 'emotional support' bear for single people at Christmas

By - News Desk

Source - Global Herald

Date 18-11-2022

It’s the brainchild of a Bulgarian company founded by model and Creative Designer Ina Marholeva and Product and Creative Manager Tonia Berdankova.

I think its very sad that we even need such a thing especially at Christmas, but unfortunately there will be lots of people in that situation.

Not sure If I mentioned this last year, but in our small village. families plate extra Christmas dinners and either invite people over or take the meal to them.

• Like 3

That thing is creepy looking!

Not beyond that, I think it's sad that people are so emotionally fragile anymore. They can't stand to be alone. They can't seem to find purpose. That's pitiful. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Rob Thompson said:

Not sure If I mentioned this last year, but in our small village. families plate extra Christmas dinners and either invite people over or take the meal to them.

Even if you did mention it, there’s no harm in mentioning it again. Such a beautiful story! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Black Hills Santa said:

That thing is creepy looking!

Nah, it’s not creepy—it’s pure, unadulterated nightmare fuel!

Not beyond that, I think it's sad that people are so emotionally fragile anymore.

Exactly. On the one hand, I think we all seek to understand and empathize with those who struggle with mental health challenges, especially at Christmas. On the other hand, many of our parents and grandparents (those of the Greatest Generation) stormed the beaches of Normandy. 

They can't stand to be alone. They can't seem to find purpose.

Using myself as an example, I have a personal, very deep desire to find a wife and be married. It can be lonely in the sleigh sometimes. But do you think I’m really going to put my life on hold until that (hopefully) happens? Of course not! I’m not going to fret if that day never comes. People have to find purpose outside of themselves, both during the holidays and all year long.

That's pitiful. 

I pity those who have genuine mental health struggles, who might sort of (possibly) benefit from something like this. I have a hard time with Peter Pan Syndrome. Case in point: Elon Musk buys Twitter and wants his employees to, you know, actually come into work like adults (don’t get me started on the dumb nonsense word “adulting,” whatever the heck that means . . . a flight from responsibility if you ask me). They responded by having hissy fits. Apparently, many quit, many more were fired.

Edited by Sundblom Santa
  • Like 3

• Supporter

hmmmmmmmmm. NO

That's the nicest thing I can say

Edited by TamaleClaus
  • Like 1

I don’t know what I was expecting when I read “emotional support bear”, but it wasn’t that lol.

I do kind of get it though. I remember when my wife moved away for grad school I purchased a body pillow just to have something to wrap myself around at night. Was definitely a comfort.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rob Thompson said:

Company releases 'emotional support' (humanlike) bear for single people at Christmas

By - News Desk

Source - Global Herald

Date 18-11-2022

It’s the brainchild of a Bulgarian company founded by model and Creative Designer Ina Marholeva and Product and Creative Manager Tonia Berdankova.

Um…no. This Santa will not be delivering this toy, or other similar looking toys for adults.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave Vermeulen said:

Um…no. This Santa will not be delivering this toy, or other similar looking toys for adults.

Exactly. Sorry—but it’s just too creepy! Having said that, if an adult asks you to bring them a new car (for example), you can always pull out a few small matchbox cars. That’s funny and cute. This? This is just creepy!

Edited by Sundblom Santa

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds
  • Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
      • 94 replies