Felix Estridge

Santa Goes Green with Electric Sleigh

Felix Estridge

Santa Goes Green with Electric Sleigh

Dec 23, 2007

PRLog.org

Excerpt:

When Santa needed a sleigh to drive in parades and give rides to children, he turned to Scale Products Company of Bayfield Colorado. The electric sleigh uses two deep cycle batteries and features an on board inverter to run Christmas lights.

10043231-santa-and-freind-test-drive-new-electric-sleigh.jpg

SOURCE

Edited by Santa Rielly

Santa Tommy

So...... Are you going to get you one?

Felix Estridge

I had emailed him before last Christmas but have not heard anything back yet.

Santa Dennis

I think the Title may be a little misleading, he may have gone electric but I think reindeer may be greener.

Carlo Klemm

It would be nice to find out more about how he liked it. The article is from Christmas 2007, so he's had a year plus to work with it. Let us know if you get back any word. Thanks for posting.

Felix Estridge
I think the Title may be a little misleading, he may have gone electric but I think reindeer may be greener.

Good one!

...and good point.

Santa Ron Breach

I wish that there were more photos in the article or on the website mention in the article.

I have been saving pictures of sleighs for some time and after I get my garage cleaned out I plan on building my own as a self propelled parade vehicle.

Santa Claus Ohio
I wish that there were more photos in the article or on the website mention in the article.

I have been saving pictures of sleighs for some time and after I get my garage cleaned out I plan on building my own as a self propelled parade vehicle.

I'm with you, I would have like to have seen more photos too. That's probably why there weren't, people like you and I that will build our own. I keep thinking that you either need to invest in nine reindeers to put out front of the sleigh or you need to make it look like it is rocket powered. Santa Ron, have you had any thoughts on making it appear real?

Santa Ron Breach
I'm with you, I would have like to have seen more photos too. That's probably why there weren't, people like you and I that will build our own. I keep thinking that you either need to invest in nine reindeers to put out front of the sleigh or you need to make it look like it is rocket powered. Santa Ron, have you had any thoughts on making it appear real?

I keep looking at the electric scooters at Pep Boys and have been to the Alternative Energy & Transportation Expo in Santa Monica, CA a couple of times so I do have some thoughts on how I am going to power it. I want to hide the drive and steering mechanicals for the most part, so I will be doing some steam bent hardwood runners. As reindeer are not as tall as horses the body of my sleigh will be much lower than most of the ones you see around.

I have been toying with building a remote tug to pull it and just say that the reindeer are resting. I will build it so that it will fit in the back of my pickup truck too.

Santa Claus Ohio

It sounds like you are further along in the thought process than I am. I look forward to seeing yours someday. It sounds like you have some good ideas.

Santa Ron Breach
It sounds like you are further along in the thought process than I am. I look forward to seeing yours someday. It sounds like you have some good ideas.

My biggest problem is getting my garage cleaned up to have a place to work on it. My Father made a sleigh when I was a child for Santa to use during the company Christmas party. I lost my roller skates that year and found them under Santa’s Sleigh at the party.

I will be at Celebrate Santa, will you?

Cindylu

I believe Santa Dick Conklin (I think that's his name) is going to have his new rocket powered sleigh at Celebrate Santa. He's the same fellow, I believe that had the neat sleigh in Branson in 2006.

This past Christmas Season, I saw a video of it someplace going for a test run. It was the neatest thing! Looked like it worked great.

Can't wait to see the "new, improved" one!

Santa Johnny Boy
I keep looking at the electric scooters at Pep Boys and have been to the Alternative Energy & Transportation Expo in Santa Monica, CA a couple of times so I do have some thoughts on how I am going to power it.

Would you be able to adapt a golf cart for such a use?

Santa Ron Breach
Would you be able to adapt a golf cart for such a use?

I have thought of using the running gear from a gulf type cart as we have Taylor Dunn here in Anaheim but I want to hide the wheels within the sleighs runners so instead of using one electric motor and a differential I will be using small electric motors and a chain drive like on the scooters.

Carlo Klemm

Cyber Sleigh Will Be In Gatlinburg

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

newflyingsanta.jpg One of our first parade entries is in. Santa Dick Conkling will be bringing the award winning Cyber Sleigh to Gatlinburg.

The Cyber Sleigh has won numerous awards over the last few years. One of the most notable has been the Special Honors Award presented to Santa and the Cyber Sleigh at the Kansas City Autosound Exposition & Competition for 2 years straight.

The Autosound Show Exposition & Competition is always a thrill for all involved since the Cyber Sleigh attracts such attention through the extremely imaginative use of on board light systems, hydraulics and sheer crowd-stopping mega-wattage!

Just a little information on this unique piece of equipment, for those that are isanta%20#113.jpgnterested in the details. The sleigh itself is 13 years old. It has a 2500 watt stereo system, with 4 amplifiers, 16 speakers that rise up out of the big bag ydraulically, 3 jet engines that belch co2 smoke and bright lights. It has neon lights on the under carriage. rope lights surrounding it, strobe lights on the back end. Of course it's best seen at night. Santa Dick Conkling built it out of plywood and fiberglass on a 1977 VW beetle chassis. He is currently working on a new sleigh that may be finished in time for the trip to Gatlinburg. It's a little bigger and wilder and it has a back seat ( to haul more Santas or elves).

You can find more information and "The Story onSanta Dick's Cyber Sleigh website:

http://www.cybersleigh.com/ We happy to have it show up, and for those who have never seen it , or seen it in action it is a definite treat. newflyingsleigh.jpg

So come check out the Cyber Sleigh and get a chance to Blast off

Edited by Santa Edson

Guest Santa AlanF

I dont know but I will agree with one of the other posts that reindeer would be a lot more green that electric. I really wouldnt mind having one myself though.

Santa Claus Ohio
Cyber Sleigh Will Be In Gatlinburg

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

newflyingsanta.jpg One of our first parade entries is in. Santa Dick Conkling will be bringing the award winning Cyber Sleigh to Gatlinburg.

The Cyber Sleigh has won numerous awards over the last few years. One of the most notable has been the Special Honors Award presented to Santa and the Cyber Sleigh at the Kansas City Autosound Exposition & Competition for 2 years straight.

The Autosound Show Exposition & Competition is always a thrill for all involved since the Cyber Sleigh attracts such attention through the extremely imaginative use of on board light systems, hydraulics and sheer crowd-stopping mega-wattage!

Just a little information on this unique piece of equipment, for those that are isanta%20#113.jpgnterested in the details. The sleigh itself is 13 years old. It has a 2500 watt stereo system, with 4 amplifiers, 16 speakers that rise up out of the big bag ydraulically, 3 jet engines that belch co2 smoke and bright lights. It has neon lights on the under carriage. rope lights surrounding it, strobe lights on the back end. Of course it's best seen at night. Santa Dick Conkling built it out of plywood and fiberglass on a 1977 VW beetle chassis. He is currently working on a new sleigh that may be finished in time for the trip to Gatlinburg. It's a little bigger and wilder and it has a back seat ( to haul more Santas or elves).

You can find more information and "The Story onSanta Dick's Cyber Sleigh website:

http://www.cybersleigh.com/ We happy to have it show up, and for those who have never seen it , or seen it in action it is a definite treat. newflyingsleigh.jpg

So come check out the Cyber Sleigh and get a chance to Blast off

This is very cool, I look forward to seeing this at Celebrate Santa.