Michael Rielly

Introducing the Santa Claus Oath Coat of Arms

Michael Rielly

gallery_5_313_277103.png

Phil and I have been working on a historically correct Coat of Arms for the Santa Claus Oath. The Santa Claus Oath Coat of Arms represents the Oath with the following elements:

Shield

The shield shape is consistent with the time of Saint Nicholas.

Symbols

• The letters S and C represent the name of Santa Claus.
  • The candy canes symbolize the two legendary Santas, Charles Howard and Jim Yellig. The canes are crossed as Yellig's and Howard's paths crossed only once.
  • The lower part of the shield has the three acknowledged symbols of Saint Nicholas, the miter (bishop's hat) the crosier (shepherds staff) and three gold coins, representing the gold given to provide dowries to impoverished maidens.

Reindeer

There are two reindeer that flank the shield. One reindeer represents designer bearded Santas and the other represents real bearded Santas. The reindeer have come together in unity to uphold the shield and uphold their pledge to the Santa Claus Oath.

Grapevines

At the top and bottom of the shield and reindeer there are grapevines. The grapevines are an ancient symbol for the thirst and quest of knowledge.

Banner

Completing the Coat of Arms is a banner with “Santa Claus Oath” on it.

Colors

The colors of the Santa Claus Coat of Arms are the traditional Christian colors of Christmas. Red is for the blood of Christ, green is for the Eternal life in Christ and gold is for Christ the Divine.

The Santa Claus Oath Coat of Arms has eight elements. These eight elements represent the eight principles that make up the Santa Claus Oath.

1. The Shield
  2. The SC Letters
  3. The Crossed Candy Canes
  4. The Traditional Symbols of Saint Nicholas
  5. The Reindeer
  6. The Grapevines
  7. The Banner
  8. The Colors

All words, contents, images and descriptions of the Santa Claus Oath are copyrighted under an attachment with Arcadia Publishing 2008 by Phillip L. Wenz. ISBN # 978-0-7385-4149-5 and LCCC # 2007925452 - All rights reserved.

NOTE: The Santa Claus Oath and the Santa Claus Coat of Arms are copyright protected. Please contact Michael Rielly or Phil Wenz if you have any questions regarding its use.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Santa Bear Larry
B) WOW!! Looks fantastic. Will it be made available as a patch or decal?

Legendary Santa Claus
B) WOW!! Looks fantastic. Will it be made available as a patch or decal?

As part of the Santa Claus Oath's continuing commitment to Santa America that we made at the Celebrate Santa Convention, we will be using the Coat of Arms in some special fund raising projects. We just got back the TM paperwork on the image for protection and now we have to meet with John Scheuch, the new Executive Director of Santa America this July in Chicago to discuss some concepts. So to answer your question, yes some things will be available and as always ALL the proceeds will go to charity. As I promised, the Oath will never be used to make money, but it will be used to raise money for children.

Kona

Looks great we have been working on a COA for the Clan Claus Society. However getting it OKed By the Lord Lyon office is Scotland is a never ending amount of paperwork.

Santa Dennis

What a great job. Mike and Phil you have done a splendid job on the Coat of Arms, I love it. Thanks to both of you.

Santa Johnny Boy

Magnificent!

Santa JerryO

What else can be said but...... Thank you both

Santa Bob Elkin

I wanted to add my "way to go guys" it really does look awesome! Can hardly wait to see the real live piece! I am so proud of you guys unwavering support of Santa-America with the Santa Claus Oath proceeds, it makes us all very proud to be Santa for Santa-America.

Collecting smiles,

Santa Bob

SantaDick

It looks great! You have done a great job on it.

Santa JimL

Thank you for this magnificent Coat of Arms. It surly does reflect the Oath and all it stands for. I think every Santa will be proud of it. The lapel pins sound really great.

Santa Stewart

Holy Toledo,Santa Mike it's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spinthanks::thumbsup::yahoo::clap::thumbup2:

Gator Claus

Wow! The two of you have out did yourselves! The Santa Oath Coat of Arms is beautiful, Santa himself would be proud to were it! The thought and symbolism that went into its creation is brilliant! And to think the proceeds go to our children of Santa-America! St. Nicholas is smiling down from heaven tonight! Thank you, Santa Rielly and Santa Phil!

Santa Dave

The coat of arms looks great!! Thanks Phil and Mike!

Santa Stewart

Thank you both Mike and Phil!!!

Santa Buddy

WOW theres no stopping You two guys, Fantastic work once again. Still waiting on my oath plaque to arrive and to think maybe i can one day get a coat of arms to display also is great. So proud to be a small part of something this grand!!!!! Buddy

Felix Estridge

Awesome...truly, awesome! Thank you, Mike and Phil, for this very unique and real representation of the Santa Claus Oath, this oath that empowers us to be more like the gift giver of Myra.

Along with obtaining an Oath plaque some day, I would also like to obtain one of these Coat of Arms to adorn my office walls.

Santa Spice

Wonderful and well thought out.

Santa Everett

You guys make a great team, looks fantastic, keep it up.

Santa-MD

Very nicely done. The thought that went into the symbolism and design is obvious. Excellent work!

:groupwavereversed::1eye::toot::congrats::toot::groupwavereversed:

Double R Reindeer Ranch

You guys did an outstanding job. It's awesome

Santa Trever

That's Wonderful! :sc_laugh:

Santa Mike P

Fantastic job. Congratulations Mike and Phil. At our Oath signing ceremony in May we attempted to hoof print one of Tony's Reindeer 'Kootenay' on a separate sheet of paper that matches the oath pages and send it along to Phil. Unfortunately the stamp pad and Kootenay weren't cooperating and we couldn't get a good print. We are still going to try at a later date. Beautiful symbolism with the animals on the Coat of Arms.

Santa Bill

You both did some thing great with this. I like the lapel pin.

Dutch Schrap

Awesome job guys!! You make us very proud to be signers of the Oath~!!

Cindylu

I Love this. Great Job. Great minds do great things. This is one of them.

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• If You Have the Post Christmas Blues You’re Doing Christmas Wrong
      The post-Christmas blues are a very real thing. Once the date of December 25th has passed the specter of December 26th is an ominous marker to many. It sits there on the calendar like the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come. Silent and foreboding, the very image of the hooded Angel of Death it seems to be. And why not?

Just about anywhere you look Americans are tossing trees to the curb, ripping down lights from rooftops and radio stations are flipping back to everyday music. What took months to build gets deconstructed in a matter of a couple of days.
      • 25 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
      • 2 replies
    • Merry Christmas, My Friend
      Every year around this time, some variation of this poem is circulated online. The poem is generally credited to “a soldier stationed in Okinawa” or more recently since September 11, 2001, “a Marine stationed in Afghanistan”.

However, the poem’s true author is Lance Corporal James M. Schmidt.

Originally entitled, “Merry Christmas, My Friend”, Corporal Schmidt wrote the poem in 1986 while serving as Battalion Counter Sniper at the Marine Barracks 8th & I, in Washington, D.C.

That day the poem was placed in the Marine Corps Gazette and distributed worldwide. Schmidt’s poem was later published in Leatherneck (Magazine of the Marines) in December 1991.
        • Sad
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies
    • Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas
      Backlash Building Against The Man Who Invented Christmas

ChristmasWeekly.com
      September 7, 2017

EXCERPT:

There is a new Christmas movie headed to theaters this Christmas about Charles Dickens about his creation of A Christmas Carol and Christmas purists hate it. Already.

The film has a stellar cast that features the dreamy-eyed Dan Stevens as Dickens and the legendary Christopher Plummer as Scrooge. Here is the trailer:

“This is a very presumptuous film,” said Christmas fan and would-be film critic, Arnold Yates, via MSN. “Charles Dickens was great but he certainly didn’t invent Christmas. Bah Humbug!”

That sentiment is growing online as the preview makes the rounds.
        • Confused
      • 14 replies
    • Seeking recognition
      Seeking recognition is a downward path for a legend who performs his tasks in the veil of night.

Recently, a fellow portrayer of Santa posted an image on Facebook that they constructed to look like a magazine cover with him on it and several story snips like many publications have on their covers.  You may have seen it if they are your friend on Facebook.  It looks okay.  The composition is good, but the rendering when uploading it to Facebook became distorted it and it is quite pixelated when you look at it from a development standpoint.
        • Love
      • 13 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 1 reply
    • Are you the 'real' Santa?
      How do you answer this question?

"Are you the 'real' Santa?"

Read all the replies...
      • 91 replies
    • Infringement? Make up your own mind.
      In the last couple of days, on several different social media and bidding sites, an item has been offered for sale that in my opinion is cause for suspicion.  I would like to bring that product to your attention.

There is some disagreement over whether or not it is an infringement or not.  I believe it is close enough to be considered as an infringement, but that is not the only the reason behind my post.
      • 32 replies
    • Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas
      Why Bass Pro Shops’ longtime Santa won’t be back this Christmas

Christmas is going to be a little different this year for families whose traditions include visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shops. Paul Davis, who spent the last nine years as the Bass Pro Santa in Ashland, will not be there anymore.
        • Sad
      • 98 replies
About | Forums | Blogs | Newsletter | Contact

© 2019 MJR Group. LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Copyright IP Policy

Proud affiliate of My Merry Christmas!

Subscribe to the ClausNet Gazette

Enter your email address to subscribe to our monthly newsletter.

About ClausNet

The ClausNet community is the largest social network and online resource for Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Elves, Reindeer Handlers, and Santa helpers for the purposes of sharing stories, advice, news, and information.