Introducing the Santa Claus Oath Coat of Arms

Michael Rielly

• Management

logo_oath_transparant.png

Phil and I have been working on a historically correct Coat of Arms for the Santa Claus Oath. The Santa Claus Oath Coat of Arms represents the Oath with the following elements:

Shield

The shield shape is consistent with the time of Saint Nicholas.

Symbols

• The letters S and C represent the name of Santa Claus.
  • The candy canes symbolize the two legendary Santas, Charles Howard and Jim Yellig. The canes are crossed as Yellig's and Howard's paths crossed only once.
  • The lower part of the shield has the three acknowledged symbols of Saint Nicholas, the miter (bishop's hat) the crosier (shepherds staff) and three gold coins, representing the gold given to provide dowries to impoverished maidens.

Reindeer

There are two reindeer that flank the shield. One reindeer represents designer bearded Santas and the other represents real bearded Santas. The reindeer have come together in unity to uphold the shield and uphold their pledge to the Santa Claus Oath.

Grapevines

At the top and bottom of the shield and reindeer there are grapevines. The grapevines are an ancient symbol for the thirst and quest of knowledge.

Banner

Completing the Coat of Arms is a banner with “Santa Claus Oath” on it.

Colors

The colors of the Santa Claus Coat of Arms are the traditional Christian colors of Christmas. Red is for the blood of Christ, green is for the Eternal life in Christ and gold is for Christ the Divine.

The Santa Claus Oath Coat of Arms has eight elements. These eight elements represent the eight principles that make up the Santa Claus Oath.

1. The Shield
  2. The SC Letters
  3. The Crossed Candy Canes
  4. The Traditional Symbols of Saint Nicholas
  5. The Reindeer
  6. The Grapevines
  7. The Banner
  8. The Colors

All words, contents, images and descriptions of the Santa Claus Oath are copyrighted under an attachment with Arcadia Publishing 2008 by Phillip L. Wenz. ISBN # 978-0-7385-4149-5 and LCCC # 2007925452 - All rights reserved.

NOTE: The Santa Claus Oath and the Santa Claus Coat of Arms are copyright protected. Please contact Michael Rielly or Phil Wenz if you have any questions regarding its use.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

B) WOW!! Looks fantastic. Will it be made available as a patch or decal?

Looks great we have been working on a COA for the Clan Claus Society. However getting it OKed By the Lord Lyon office is Scotland is a never ending amount of paperwork.

What a great job. Mike and Phil you have done a splendid job on the Coat of Arms, I love it. Thanks to both of you.

• Like 1

What else can be said but...... Thank you both

I wanted to add my "way to go guys" it really does look awesome! Can hardly wait to see the real live piece! I am so proud of you guys unwavering support of Santa-America with the Santa Claus Oath proceeds, it makes us all very proud to be Santa for Santa-America.

Collecting smiles,

Santa Bob

It looks great! You have done a great job on it.

Thank you for this magnificent Coat of Arms. It surly does reflect the Oath and all it stands for. I think every Santa will be proud of it. The lapel pins sound really great.

Wow! The two of you have out did yourselves! The Santa Oath Coat of Arms is beautiful, Santa himself would be proud to were it! The thought and symbolism that went into its creation is brilliant! And to think the proceeds go to our children of Santa-America! St. Nicholas is smiling down from heaven tonight! Thank you, Santa Rielly and Santa Phil!

The coat of arms looks great!! Thanks Phil and Mike!

WOW theres no stopping You two guys, Fantastic work once again. Still waiting on my oath plaque to arrive and to think maybe i can one day get a coat of arms to display also is great. So proud to be a small part of something this grand!!!!! Buddy

• Management

Awesome...truly, awesome! Thank you, Mike and Phil, for this very unique and real representation of the Santa Claus Oath, this oath that empowers us to be more like the gift giver of Myra.

Along with obtaining an Oath plaque some day, I would also like to obtain one of these Coat of Arms to adorn my office walls.

Wonderful and well thought out.

You guys make a great team, looks fantastic, keep it up.

Very nicely done. The thought that went into the symbolism and design is obvious. Excellent work!

:groupwavereversed::1eye::toot::congrats::toot::groupwavereversed:

You guys did an outstanding job. It's awesome

Fantastic job. Congratulations Mike and Phil. At our Oath signing ceremony in May we attempted to hoof print one of Tony's Reindeer 'Kootenay' on a separate sheet of paper that matches the oath pages and send it along to Phil. Unfortunately the stamp pad and Kootenay weren't cooperating and we couldn't get a good print. We are still going to try at a later date. Beautiful symbolism with the animals on the Coat of Arms.

You both did some thing great with this. I like the lapel pin.

Awesome job guys!! You make us very proud to be signers of the Oath~!!

I Love this. Great Job. Great minds do great things. This is one of them.

That looks great. I would love to have a copy of it one day. I hate that I missed out on signing the oath.

Absolutely amazing. You are missing your calling by not doing graphic design.

Santa Bob

• Management
Absolutely amazing. You are missing your calling by not doing graphic design.

Santa Bob

You haven't seen anything yet... ;)

Excellent job! And beautifully worded description, very professional, and fantastic graphics! Now I can't wait to see what else you guys have up your sleeve!

I like it! Way to go guys. Great job!

The SCO Coat of Arms is truly an awesome design. However, I would like to suggest that you consider resizing the reindeer to where their antlers extend no higher than the top of the shield, and their tails do not extend beyond the outer tips of the banner. Just an observation. I believe that will give it an even more balanced look.

I, too, look foward to having access to such a patch and either framing it or placing it on my Santa suit (if permissible).

Thanks.

VetteCitySanta :D

• 3 weeks later...

Awsome, That is a coat of arms any Santa would be proud to wear!!!

In the annals of Hearaldy, this will take its rightful place. Thanks to both of you.

Santa Jim Lewis

Asheville, NC

I just seen it, and WOW,

You guys did an great job. It is awesome!

Amazing.................I think it would look great as a type of lapel pin as well.

Very well thought out.

I totally love it! would love a pin or patch as well.. It is truly stunning!

Thank you guys for making Santa history.

Beautifully done and so rich in significance. Absolutely awesome.

VetteCitySanta :D

Wonderful! Excellent, my friends.

Thanks for all your hard work!

• 1 month later...

Great job, i also think it would be great as a lapel pin. :clap:

I too, believe that it would make a great lapel pin. May I offer a suggestion? Has any thought been given to having it produced as a "patch". It would look fantastic on a red suit or a red blazer. Would add a great deal to such wear.

Santa Jim Lewis

You haven't seen anything yet... ;)

What's next?

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if it was still possiable for me to be included in the Santa oath book at this time.And how would i go about doing this.Peace,SinterNoel.

Hi All

I love the Coat of Arms but I hadn't noticed the thread until today. My only comment is relating to the reindeer. They aren't accurate as reindeer and if its not to late, I would suggest that be looked at. The body structure is wrong as is the head. I won't have any art here of a "Reindeer Rampant" but I can provide a few different profiles of reindeer that might help. My logo is currently on the Gallery page using a stock art from Corel if you want to see what I mean.

Not trying to be critical, just making an observation but we are the people that should notice these things.

• 2 weeks later...

So will this ever be produced as a patch or lapel pin. I would LOVE to have the honor of wearing this on my suit...

hI i WENT TO THE SITE TO ORDER THIS WITH ANOTHER PIN BUT THE CHOICE OF PLACES TO SHIP TO WAS LIMITED. USA-CANADA OR IRELAND BUT NOT TO THE UK IS THIS POSSIBLE AND HOW MUCH FOR SHIPPING THANKS SANTA CALIFORNIA.

I cannot promise, but believe I can make some arrangements that will get them shipped to you. PM or email me the address you would use for shipping. I am not familiar with overseas postal fees, tariffs, levies, taxes,....etc. Can you provide any information?

Santa Everett,

I ship things overseas all the time; in fact, I sent a package (of items bought online here, but from folks who won't ship overseas) to my friends in Sweden this afternoon. It is really simple to do; all you need to do is take it to the Post Office, fill out a Custom's form, then send it on. Anything having to do with UK taxes or other issues are taken care of on the other side. Something that small can be sent in a padded envelope, either First Class, or Priority Mail. A box can also be sent Priority Mail; something that light wouldn't need the flat rate box or envelope, most likely. You can even do everything at home, on the computer, if you have/open an account with the USPS, enabling you to print postage right on your computer's printer.

Any questions, you have my number, buddy!

Santa California,

You can expect to pay whatever Celebrate Santa charges to ship it to the US address, plus another 1 -6, (or fast--> 12) Pounds in postage, depending upon how it is shipped, and how fast you want it, to forward it on to you. (More if you want it in a couple of days.)

Edited by Santa-MD

🎄 COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS

• Days
  • Hours
  • Minutes
  • Seconds

• Donations

All donations go directly towards the cost of hosting and running ClausNet!

Your support, through donations or simply by clicking on sponsor links, is greatly appreciated!

Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Our picks

• 10 Essentials to Being a Better Santa
      Here are some DOs and DON'Ts on being Santa

Treat every child with respect.

Never make fun of a child.

Look into the child’s eyes when you speak to them.

Speak softly. Children are sharing confidences with you.

Acknowledge a child’s requests even if you don’t understand them.

Never promise a toy request to avoid a child’s disappointment.

Never promise a pet. Santas a toymaker and only animals produce pets.

If the child can’t remember their wish list, assure them you know what they want.

Never leave a child wondering if Santa heard their Christmas wishes.

Every child worries about being on Santas “Naughty or Nice List”. Tell each child “You’re on the “Nice List.” It will bring happiness to everyone!   

Santa Lou Knezevich is the creator of the Legendary Santas Mentoring Program
      Contact Santa Lou at: LegendarySantasMentoringProg@gmail.com
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 8 replies
    • How do You Portray Santa?
      Portraying Santa is acting; it is a characterization of a mythical character.

Most of us never think of ourselves as actors, but we are. Certain characteristics of Santa Claus have been handed down from one generation to another. The way we dress and conduct ourselves all follow an established pattern.

Santa Claus is one of the most recognizable characters throughout the world. This came about from the advertising campaign of the Coke Cola Company and the creative painting genius, of Haddon Sundblom. Coke Cola was looking to increase winter sales of its soft drink and hired Sundblom to produce illustrations for prominent magazines. These illustrations appeared during the holiday season from the late 1930s into the early 1970s and set the standard for how Santa should look.

This characterization of Santa with rosy cheeks, a white beard, handlebar mustache plus a red costume trimmed in white fur is the image most everyone has in their minds. Unconsciously people are going to judge you against that image. If your beard isn’t white or you have a soiled suit it will register with the onlooker.

By the way, the majority of Sundblom's paintings depict Santa with a Brown Belt and Brown Boots. Not until his later illustrations did he change the color to Black for these items. Within the past few years many costume companies have offered the Coke Cola Suit and it has become very popular. You can tell it by the large buttons and absence of fur down the front of the jacket.

No matter how you portray Santa, be it home visits, schools, churches, parades, corporate events, malls, hospitals we all make an entrance and an impression! The initial impression we make determines if our client will ask us to return.

The 5 Second Rule

I have a theory: When you enter the presence of your audience you have about 5 seconds to make people believe you are the real Santa.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 18 replies
    • Not Everyone Can Be Santa!
      Yes, I said it and it is not meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. I do view many Facebook sites along with websites and posted photos. Frankly, many of these postings should have never been put on public display.
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 10 replies
    • Auld Lang Syne
      Every New Year’s Eve at the stroke of midnight, millions around the world traditionally gather together to sing the same song, “Auld Lang Syne”. As revilers mumble though the song’s versus, it often brings many of them to tears – regardless of the fact that most don’t know or even understand the lyrics. Confusion over the song’s lyrics is almost as much of a tradition as the song itself. Of course that rarely stops anyone from joining in.
        • Wow
        • Thanks
        • Love
      • 4 replies
    • Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?
      Is it time to start calling out Bad Santas?

Do you think we should start calling out those in our community whose actions or behavior is unbecoming of Santa Claus or Mrs. Claus?
        • Wow
      • 94 replies